JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

3 minutes ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

This is when I start to panic. 10 minutes left, and 2.4GB invested....
If it falls over now, I'll cry...

The file is huge. I didn't get nervous until I applied the package and the update status bar sat at 0% for several minutes. It did finally start indicating that it was updating and finally finished about a glass of wine later. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Bro Richard said:

The file is huge. I didn't get nervous until I applied the package and the update status bar sat at 0% for several minutes. It did finally start indicating that it was updating and finally finished about a glass of wine later. 

Ok, So the glass of wine was the clincher? It's 10:45 am here....hmmmm...

red wine GIFI have a dilemma....

The latest package is available to download from jw.org. 

PS. I forgot to thank you for tip, Richard; "Thank you".
90 mins of stress was worth it.
And I got it done this month, as I had some bonus data that expires tomorrow.
I also slipped in a Windows 10 update. (Although it has made my laptop wifi unstable. Every now and then it logs off saying 'no internet connection'. )
Win 1 lose 1

Old (Downunder) Tone

5 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

Thanks Richard, worked for me too.  We now have banquet of spiritual wine to enjoy, that's my understanding of your glass of wine.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Yesterday I tried to install the German version of the update package 2005. It failed the same way you described before (image 2).

So I remove my current installation and downloaded the latest ISO file from jw.org (There it's told latest update was 2019-01-24.) This one I installed. It is Version 19.0 Build 7630 and update 2002 (image 1).

I used the automatic update function of WTLib. The package is located as shown in image 3. It fails. Even when I download the update (2005) directly from jw.org and install it manually it fails. So it looks like an internal error and I have to wait for our brothers in the headquarter ...

wtlib_update_2002.JPG

wtlib_update_2005_fails.JPG

wtlib_dl_package_2005.JPG

I am sorry everyone is having problems.  Yesterday, I was researching some material on the WT Library and the program asked me to update.  I clicke OK and everything went as normal, it downloaded the files, asked me if I wanted them installed, I said Yes and it worked fine.

I have a very fast internet connection (135 Mbps) and maybe that helped.  It worked, no problem and no worries.  So i wonder how there can be an error embedded in the files?

7 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I have a very fast internet connection (135 Mbps) and maybe that helped.  It worked, no problem and no worries.  So i wonder how there can be an error embedded in the files?

Because I downloaded first and installed manually the already downloaded package it can't be the internet connection.

15 hours ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

This is when I start to panic. 10 minutes left, and 2.4GB invested....
If it falls over now, I'll cry... 108db4b3f4982c91c5819a8bef3ef797.jpg

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

My laptop's Windows 10 update is only for 1.3 GB.  

Seems to be downloading smoothly enough at 65.0 Mbps.

But...will it install?  

THAT is always the question. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 minutes ago, Musky said:

The 1.3GB "automatic" update failed a few times on my WTL. So I downloaded the latest update package from jw.org (which was something like 2.3GB) and installed it manually. Everything is working fine and it shows the update version as 2002.

Ok,but it looks like Update 2005 is failing.

Yup.  Just as Brother Chuck reported,

the auto update failed.

Screenshot_20200530_121642.thumb.jpg.07b39aa48306a5fe0934f05e89c74c4b.jpg

I am in the process of performing a manual update now.  When I clicked on DOWNLOAD, there were two updates available, both 2,911 MB.  I chose the one on the top.  Will I need to download the second one, too?

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

43 minutes ago, Musky said:

The 1.3GB "automatic" update failed a few times on my WTL. So I downloaded the latest update package from jw.org (which was something like 2.3GB) and installed it manually. Everything is working fine and it shows the update version as 2002.

I was thinking of doing this myself. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Now I tried to update the English WTLib V19.0 build 7632 / Update 1910 with the automaitic download "Update 2002" and failed.

I vaguely remember that any other software installation asked me to install a newer Microsoft DLL and I confirmed. Since this time the WTLib starts and waits for some seconds a while before it continues to show the content. So I guess it has nothing to do with WTLib versions but with any common Microsoft libraries. But which one from the about 1930 dll libs from Microsoft I can't remember which one it was ...

Can someone please send me PM of the updated WTlib raw file. Let me manually update mine. My update is quite backward.

But do we know when the WTlib will be finally phased off?

Sent from my TECNO LC6 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, TRUTH04 said:

Can someone please send me PM of the updated WTlib raw file. Let me manually update mine. My update is quite backward.

But do we know when the WTlib will be finally phased off?

Sent from my TECNO LC6 using Tapatalk

It's on jw.org 

https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/watchtower-library/update-watchtower-library/

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Musky said:

I tried this on my older win 10 devices and didn't work.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

11 minutes ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Noooooo.

Is your Windows 10 up-to-date?

(Now that you have the 'update' package, can you try install again?)

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Yes.  My Windows 10 is up to date and I tried the manual update a couple a' times.  It failed, telling me to make sure I didn't have any other 'instances' of Watchtower Library running...

A strange way to say 'versions' ?  :D

Sorry to hear that.
The error message you are getting, is the same message I received when doing the 1.3GB 'automatic' update.
Fortunately for me (and a few others), the 2.9GB manual 'Download & Apply' worked without this strange message.
Perhaps you may have to DL the full WTL.exe install program from scratch?
(Or wait for the next update?)
Wishing you all the best.

Old (Downunder) Tone