JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

2 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Are the assembly programs on watchtower library?

Not yet, but I hope to see these added.   I would also like to see JW Library have all the search features on WT Library. 

We now have 4 libraries... JW Library,  WT Library, Online Library and the JW.org Library (Media). 

We truly have an abundance. 😍  Maybe these will be streamlined, but maybe we need them all for different device platforms (Windows, Android, IOS)

For research I prefer WT Library because it's so fast and comprehensive (but only for windows pc). But we need the other Library's for mobile devices in the ministry and meetings.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Not yet, but I hope to see these added.   I would also like to see JW Library have all the search features on WT Library. 
We now have 4 libraries... JW Library,  WT Library, Online Library and the JW.org Library (Media). 
We truly have an abundance.   Maybe these will be streamlined, but maybe we need them all for different device platforms (Windows, Android, IOS)
For research I prefer WT Library because it's so fast and comprehensive (but only for windows pc). But we need the other Library's for mobile devices in the ministry and meetings.

I’d definitely really appreciate a great universal search feature in JW Library. It would make it so much easier to find material.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

36 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

I’d definitely really appreciate a great universal search feature in JW Library. It would make it so much easier to find material.

I would be ecstatic if JWL functioned like WTL.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

Me too, it would even be better (IMHO) if it was total word search instead of a search engine based on a list of chosen words, as extensive as it is.

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

7 hours ago, Chris7 said:

We truly have an abundance. 😍  Maybe these will be streamlined, but maybe we need them all for different device platforms (Windows, Android, IOS)

I prefer to do research on Watchtower Library. The research guide in the study pane for the study bible is very limited. from matt - john the only reference is the "Jesus the way" and when i want to find more on the articles for the meeting it refers me to the paragraph i was already reading. Watchtower Library has way more references that i lose track of time.

Bro lett said at the AGM 2018, Watchtower library and JW Library would be uniform, to imitate WOL but all 3 would remain separate.

7 hours ago, YukitoMatsuzuki said:

Personally I also would like if we could access previous es (Examining Scripture) and Assemblies / Convention programs digitally.

That’s why I don’t want to get a new iPad, because some older publication would no longer be available on the app. I have the 2009 song on my iPad but not on my iPhone 😩

3636869B-0E84-4BA8-95A6-22C57F79C129.png

218D3170-A05F-45AF-A402-D08FFB9B7BFA.png

318979AC-9E74-48E2-936E-FE6CFBDE191C.png

2 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

i tried that it didn't work

My wife got a new Ipad and backed up her publications.  The marked pubs were restored on the new device, but I do not know if any of them were "obsolete" publications that were not included in the new app installation....sorry.

16 minutes ago, jwhess said:

The marked pubs were restored on the new device, but I do not know if any of them were "obsolete" publications that were not included in the new app installation....sorry.

The obsolete publication are the 2009 song book the assembly/convention programs and The ESD (On my ipad i have 2015-2020 but on my iphone i have 2019-2020) These are no longer available on JW.org.

My wife got a new Ipad and backed up her publications.  The marked pubs were restored on the new device, but I do not know if any of them were "obsolete" publications that were not included in the new app installation....sorry.
That's why I ALWAYS also downloaded the publications in jwpub format.

I used to have a "printed" library that went back to the 1950's. Over the years many of the books got damaged or so aged they could no longer be used without damaging them.

I could have looked for replacements but, with much of the information being covered and/or updated in more recent publications I decided it was no longer needed to hang onto them.

The same holds true of my digital copies. There have been many updates and revisions to these publications. I would rather have the current information at my disposal than trying to keep copies with information that is no longer current or, in some cases, correct understanding. I do not want to find myself quoting from incorrect understandings - I would rather stay current.

So, when a publication has the symbol to re-download it, I happily click on the symbol so that I keep current.

If a publication is no longer available from the FDS - I figure there is a reason for that and don't worry about it disappearing from my device. I think that, if it were critical to our spiritual well being, it would not have been removed from the digital library.

Besides, at some point, we may not have our printed or digital libraries to reference - we will just need the current directions and understanding to survive ... after all, won't we get "new scrolls" in the NS.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

You cant if its not available. The 2009 song book is no longer available ANYWHERE.

In those days the link didn't appear to download it in jwpub format, but a brother taught us how to obtain the link, and I could always have the books in jwpub. I still have the songbook in JWL in both Spanish and English, and I have the file in jwpub but in Spanish, not in English.

You cant if its not available. The 2009 song book is no longer available ANYWHERE.

It is available, but the file jwpub makes the app crash, so it’s sensible to have removed the download link. It is not needed right now.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

26 minutes ago, Donna said:

In those days the link didn't appear to download it in jwpub format, but a brother taught us how to obtain the link, and I could always have the books in jwpub. I still have the songbook in JWL in both Spanish and English, and I have the file in jwpub but in Spanish, not in English.

That’s what I’m saying it really was never in Jwpub format

5 minutes ago, The German said:

Try this.

Not jwpub, but available.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/publication/r1/lp-e/sn/E/2009/0

I meant not available to download anymore from anywhere 

1 minute ago, Thesauron said:

It is available, but the file jwpub makes the app crash, so it’s sensible to have removed the download link. It is not needed right now.

It is nice to compare song once in a while 

Why only complain about not having the 2009 songbook ... what's wrong with the rest of them ?

Image result for jw songbooks

There reaches a point that we just can't have "all the older publications" that were ever printed available - in fact, we don't "need" them available ... since many of them contain out-of-date information ...

3 hours ago, Qapla said:

Why only complain about not having the 2009 songbook ... what's wrong with the rest of them ?

Image result for jw songbooks

There reaches a point that we just can't have "all the older publications" that were ever printed available - in fact, we don't "need" them available ... since many of them contain out-of-date information ...

Ok, I remember 5 out 6...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 11/8/2019 at 4:35 PM, Luigi62 said:

That’s why I don’t want to get a new iPad, because some older publication would no longer be available on the app. I have the 2009 song on my iPad but not on my iPhone 😩

3636869B-0E84-4BA8-95A6-22C57F79C129.png

218D3170-A05F-45AF-A402-D08FFB9B7BFA.png

318979AC-9E74-48E2-936E-FE6CFBDE191C.png

Just asking because I noticed when I got new Ipad to replace my broken Ipad that I got almost everything from the first Ipad downloaded from the cloud (Icloud?). Can you  store everthing to the cloud and then reclaim it on your new Ipad? J

ust asking because I don't know. I was totally surprised when it happened to me.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

Ok, I remember 5 out 6...

Probably the same 5 of the 6 I remember/used to have/use

3 hours ago, Old said:

Just asking because I noticed when I got new Ipad to replace my broken Ipad that I got almost everything from the first Ipad downloaded from the cloud (Icloud?). Can you  store everthing to the cloud and then reclaim it on your new Ipad? J

ust asking because I don't know. I was totally surprised when it happened to me.

no. 

6 hours ago, Qapla said:

sing praises to Jehovah is now in JW Library but Not "sing to Jehovah"

6 hours ago, Qapla said:

I don't think that make sense. We have many old publications available both on JW Library and Watchtower Online Library. Especially with recent updates that adds many old publications to JWL in harmony with WOL. I think Sing to Jehovah could also be provided in JWL since the Vocal Renditions are almost finished in this version. This is how it is done in WOL. We don't hide such old publications so we can always take a look at them anytime later we want and may be referenced.

The point is not that we need them right now nor they are critical to our spiritual wellness. Does the Governing Body wants you to read Revelation Climax book now even though there are many parts of it that are outdated? If so, why is it available on JWL and WOL? Especially at this time when there were yet another clarified understanding (about Joel 2) in Revelation. My personal point and wish is availability, so we can access it from any device at any time.

Hmm. Still waiting for an update for Watchtower Library DVD. bored_fingers.gif.e3e71542cb0ab0d4a802ed5e991bdcf2.gif

The French version is updated to include January's Awake, Meeting Workbook, Watchtower study edition, etc. But not the English. Even Watchtower Online Library seems to be taking its time keeping up. The only thing WOL has (that I noticed) is that it has January's Watchtower study edition, that isn't available yet in the DVD version.

I don't use JW Library, but I trust that's way ahead of everything else?