JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

Just had lightning and thunder at 1 Am during a heavy snow squall. Must be the cold front going thru. Temp supposed to be dropping to minus 5C and staying there all day Wednesday then minus 12 plus wind chill overnight. BRRRRR..

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Ugh! And I had the idea of going in service this morning. You know, to support our Saturday service? But I looked at the weather forecast and it was calling for up to 35 millimeters (1.4 inches) of rain. I felt bad for everyone going out, but after calling our group overseer, he told me to stay home.

And... the forecast tonight is that the continuing rain will turn into freezing rain overnight, making for a big skating rink tomorrow. I think we're in for a cancelled meeting, which is usually less spiritually upbuilding than a real one. :(

Edited by Sheep

We've  had lots of wind and rain. Too much. Actually a householder today told us to go home!

Starting tonight we're  supposed to have higher winds, we have our generator  ready to connect to the pellet stove. Burr, its cold. Been cold all day.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Bitter cold today, but expecting 60s tomorrow

15 deg. Centigrade and above. Nice weather for preaching. Still a spot of 80's would be amazing after such a cold spell. Kind of makes me appreciate the same year- round weather here in the equator. For kingdom work that is. Going to Indonesia soon for 10 days for a holiday in Padang, Bukit Tinggi and Payakumbuh. Staying with the sisters mostly. Looking forward to do preaching for the 1st time in that area. Should be so awesome.

• 2 months later...

Here in the U P of Michigan we are under a Winter Storm warning ⚠️ from Sunday afternoon to Tuesday morning. 😱

This is the latest from our local TV station:

Ross and I are in the 12”-14” area...the darkest blue area. 

75F61DA5-065B-4CEB-865F-C92D7867C261.jpeg

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

8 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Keep that nasty weather up there. We are supposed to have 2 or 3 days a bit warmer but with rain. It was 47 F today.

We have 52*F right now.  

Tomorrow morning we have 90% chance of  rain mixed with snow. High around 38*F.  Afternoon/evening, all bets are off. 

Keep it up your way. been having Flakes all day.

Last time I remember flakes this late in year at this latitude was Tuesday April 15th the day after the memorial when catching a flight out of Detroit

going to California and for 1st time they had to de-ice the plane that I was taking.

Edited by pnutts

correct auto correct

UP Michigan is still sending unwelcome weather our way.

11:45 AM we had Thunder Snow with visablity about quarter mile.

12:00 PM - noon, the sun was shining brightly.

20 minutes later, snowing to beat the band.

Kept doing this all afternoon. Snow, no snow but sunny, back and forth.

Made me want to stay inside and isolate myself.

Edited by pnutts

Correcting auto correct

3 minutes ago, pnutts said:

UP Michigan is still sending unwelcome weather our way.

11:45 AM we had Thunder Snow with visablity about quarter mile.

12:00 PM - noon, the sun was shining brightly.

20 minutes later, snowing to beat the band.

Kept doing this all afternoon. Snow, no snow but sunny, back and forth.

Made me want to stay inside and isolate myself.

So sad for you folks, I've  been in the garden removing huge weeds for 5 days now. Our growing season is until October. Ooph, am so tired of huge weeds, can give pictures if you want. Hope I won't  have to fight weeds this year.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

😀
  👀Weeds weeds more weeds.

I hope you are using the intensive gardening method of double dug raised beds. Twice or more produce out of half or less the space.

Just don't walk on the beds themselves afterwards. Makes for loose friable soil that makes weeding easier and companion planting preferable. It also helps for drier climates as has a much larger moisture reserve. One more benefit is that there is not a hard pan and veggies grown much bigger. 😋

• 3 weeks later...

Monday evening we had golf ball size hail where I live. In the town just over from us they had some larger.  The first two are our yard. The second. Is in the town about 8 miles away. The third is on the west side of our town.    Tonight we are expecting the possibility of the same. 

AF3AC3A6-1708-4571-84C5-2590E187FB92.jpeg

ED8D9FFB-C930-4BB8-B8B6-308ECF7CDBC5.jpeg

2193C0FF-9D87-4854-A699-2C81F99DC948.jpeg

6ECF085A-41EA-4B91-9385-172F993E79BB.jpeg

Right now here in Michigan its 35*f with a feel like temp of 24*. Tomorrow there’s a 50% chance of snow showers in the morning.

Cool/cold weather thru next Wednesday.

Yuck! 

We have the same weather here where we live in Germany. Today I went out bike riding and wore exercise and summer wear. Tomorrow the whole family is going bike riding for the whole day and supposed to be even warmer than today (about 75-77 F), so will imagine we will need lots of drinks to take along! Though not complaining.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11