JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

• 1 month later...

Well, our weather has been great for weeks now. That’s all about to come to a crashing halt. Starting tomorrow we are under a winter storm warning. 

My area of the U P is supposed to get hit by 10+ inches of the white stuff. UGH!

Starts out wet and than fluffy with wind. 🥺

EC74B1E2-6906-4ACA-A1B4-9328853A2ECA.jpeg

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Tuesday we nearly had it all. Wind, thunder and lightening, driving rain then hail, glorious sunshine with giant rainbows!

Yesterday was beautiful, sunny and glorious.

Today is starting out cloudy but quite calm and enjoyable, not too cold either.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Here, a lull before the storm? It’s (according to Weather Bug) 37*F with a feel like temp of 28*F. Wind from the south at 16 mph. Sunny out, nice.

But the map shows that weather is right above us coming from the north and looks like things could change this afternoon. 

I’m gonna sorely miss these weeks of no shoveling, no scooping. 🥺

O yeah the blower is fine.

But my nice neighbor usually beats me to it. 

I just hope my back will be able to withstand the shoveling of the path just to the garage. 

Sounds like south of you and I even Law Enforcement is having problems already with getting stuck and having to call for a wrecker. ☺️ 

49 minutes ago, Loopy said:

O yeah the blower is fine.

But my nice neighbor usually beats me to it. 

I just hope my back will be able to withstand the shoveling of the path just to the garage. 

Sounds like south of you and I even Law Enforcement is having problems already with getting stuck and having to call for a wrecker. ☺️ 

Yeah.  Now two guys are missing out on the ice down by Gladstone.  They went out on Lake Michigan with their four-wheeler.  :(

Those poor ice rescue guys...having to out in a blizzard.  :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

4 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Yeah.  Now two guys are missing out on the ice down by Gladstone.  They went out on Lake Michigan with their four-wheeler.  :(

Those poor ice rescue guys...having to out in a blizzard.  :(

I’m listening to that now. This makes me mad. But some humans never had common sense. 

Hopefully, they start either fining these stupid humans and or charging them for the cost of rescue manpower. Better yet, both.

also, somewhere I read where coast guard had to rescue 66 people caught on ice flows. 

Nuts is all I can say.

After getting some of the crew together,

they just staged in an area and waited for more information. One officer kept looking out on the lake.

Dispatch was in contact with the caller who turns out had been with the subjects but had returned to their cabin. He had gotten worried because they should “have been right behind him”. 

Anyway, the officer saw a tail light from their 4-wheeler. They were heading in the right direction for the cabin.

The caller notified dispatch he was in contact with them...they arrived safely. 

Dispatched cancelled alarm.

All this while in a winter storm 😡

15 hours ago, Loopy said:

also, somewhere I read where coast guard had to rescue 66 people caught on ice flows. 

Nuts is all I can say.

I found the news article about the above. As the article says, thus happened in the state of Wisconsin.

It’s been mild up to yesterday

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/2021/02/05/66-fishermen-rescued-from-ice-floes-off-door-county/?fbclid=IwAR3wTEh_3BDC17waQ0vPwp48GBxLP8ntKWGKzJqu7ViPSiEhvnhvPei5JT8

DOOR COUNTY, Wis. (WBAY) - The U.S. Coast Guard worked with local and state agencies to rescue 66 people stranded on three separate ice floes that became detached from shore in Door County.

Those on the ice noticed a break at around 9 A.M. Thursday, but by then it was too late. The ice broke off and traveled more than 1,000 feet from ice attached to shore, trapping the fishermen.

The Door County Sheriff’s Office said there was a large separation of ice extending from Little Harbor and southwest to Snake Island.

“Multiple agencies are currently involved in removing several parties due to the gap in the ice,” said the Sheriff’s Office.

The Coast Guard responded with ice rescue teams from Station Sturgeon Bay and Cutter Mobile Bay. Two helicopters from Air Station Traverse City responded to the mouth of Sturgeon Bay.

It took three agencies four hours to rescue the 66 anglers with no injuries being reported, according to the Coast Guard.

At 9:16 am eastern this morning here in Michigan I have brilliant sunshine, 4*F, feels like -11F. Brrrr

How ‘bout you Ross?

A tropical low with gusting winds up to 100km in some places is bearing down on Perth and the South West of Western Australia.  Basically it’s the remains of what would have been a cyclone from up north. We have much needed rain and cooler weather now. This has immensely helped to fight the fires just out of Perth, though the ferocious winds are a worry.

image.thumb.jpeg.9bd5976e61ab9fd1a7a1891514ec0b5a.jpeg

We're supposed to get a cold front coming on Thursday, but tonight its already getting colder. Its 38 but going to 24 by Thursday.  Sheesh,  I hate cold, snow, ice. We will have all that for a week or more. 

Need to move where cold is not a problem. 

Brrr, thrown another blanket on the bed!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34