JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

11 minutes ago, Stee said:

In Melbourne it’s meant to be Summer but feels like Winter. Freezing, wet and gloomy.  🌧️ 🥶 

Well, it’s gloomy way too often. I don’t like weather here. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

11 minutes ago, Dawid said:

Today 34F and we expect to have a rain and snow. No sun but clouds only.

But 71F at home. Poor people in Ukraine

Dawid my brother, I do not understand Fahrenheit, and I believe in Poland you use Celsius system, at least this is what I used when living in Poland :wave:

Joke: 

My dad said It was Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit and Anders Celsius to create the terms used for thermometer scales

I replied: Don't you think it's egocentric to name everything after yourself?
He said: well, to be fair they both worked hard for their degrees! LOL 🤣

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

9 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Dawid my brother, I do not understand Fahrenheit, and I believe in Poland you use Celsius system, at least this is what I used when living in Poland :wave:

Joke: 

My dad said It was Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit and Anders Celsius to create the terms used for thermometer scales

I replied: Don't you think it's egocentric to name everything after yourself?
He said: well, to be fair they both worked hard for their degrees! LOL 🤣

Hello Greg.

Farenheit was first with his scale -1724, Celcius -1742. 

But I will be writing in Celcius from now. So now we have 2C in our region

14 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Sydney has been remarkably dryish and sunny in the 2weeks I’ve been here visiting family. Back in Perth it’s sun sun sun. Gearing up to another blast furnace summer. ☀️☀️☀️

Haha!! Except today it was 19 and raining and tomorrow it's going to be 17. And raining again. And again on Saturday. 

But don't worry - by Tuesday it's going to be 33!! 🙄🙄  Just a tad erratic is what it is!!

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

5 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I have lived in Australia for 49 years but Farenheit still makes more sense to me.  When one degree is the difference between either wearing a jumper or a tee-shirt, it makes no sense. 🤣

9 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

I have lived in Australia for 49 years but Farenheit still makes more sense to me.  When one degree is the difference between either wearing a jumper or a tee-shirt, it makes no sense. 🤣

By the way- why you wrote tee-shirt but no T-shirt? (I still learn english)

7 hours ago, Dawid said:

I use both spellings, both are acceptable 

https://grammarist.com/spelling/t-shirt-tee-shirt/

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

13 hours ago, Dawid said:

Sorry, Dawid, I don't know why I wrote it like that. Although it is not wrong, T-shirt is the usual way. 

You are doing very well with your English. I always admire people who are bilingual. 

• 2 weeks later...