JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

Very cold in Melbourne - Snow in Victorian Alps 

I had heating on in the middle of summer. (which is very unusual) 

I think climate is collapsing. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/feb/02/summer-pause-cold-weather-forecast-for-south-east-australia-to-bring-snow-across-alps

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 4 weeks later...

Got weird weather here in Inland Empire, CA

Got snow for 1st time in about 15 years 5 miles west of Hemet.

Didn't last long but when it was starting - very high winds and almost thought a tornado was here.

Was in town where temp was 45F dropped to 39F at west end of town then 33F 5 miles away at Homeland

where it was snowing hard. Hmm. Won't load pics. Bad fiber internet.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I’m sitting here under a very severe combination, tornado/thunderstorm watch very strong winds, hoping trees don’t fall and power loss. 

Alone. 

No basement.

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

You can't see it in pics but hwy 74 is on this side of hill. Rainbow was just part way up the hill.

Never found the pot of gold though. You can see part of new deck with 2nd set of steps that I built for them.

20230225_171637sm.jpg

20230225_171644sm.jpg

20230225_171656sm.jpg

Edited by pnutts

added comment

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I haven't too bad of weather, well aside from the 2 trees that fell on my house due to a wind storm. But this morning I left for work before 6, never saw the black ice! Drove much of the way sideways. White knuckle. Now I'm home and it's nap time,😴 I'm wore out from the stress😉

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 2 weeks later...

Today it truly felt 'summer-like'. The way the sun came up, the warm streaks in the chilly breeze, the smell of fresh mowed grass, the way the birds sung. Now looking at the way the sun set and the fresh ocean smell.  Oh so nice.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

We are under a winter storm watch here in Michigan till 8 pm Saturday. Right now at 10:20 pm it’s 36*F with 40% chance frozen mix. Both Ross and I are in the navy blue area: potential forecast is 12-18 inches of snow by late Saturday.

We haven’t had a St. Patrick’s day storm/blizzard in some time. Use to be like clockwork.

And my snowblower is broke. 😭😬

31B09C15-6284-4958-90C6-4E90D12ABC08.jpeg

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Well, we got over a 40C (104F) yesterday (Sunday) and it sitting around the mid 30's during the week. Whereas the long term average is around 27C, but thus far this month it is around 31.2C average.

image.png.f39e9d13f9141b075fd1a3e055e25233.png

However, we are expecting a couple of cooler days on Monday (28C) and Tuesday (24C) but back again into the 30's midweek, but hopefully with some rain.

@Loopy Our air conditioner is broke too for the last week and a bit, due to a power surge during a storm frying out the main controller board. But we will not have it fixed until the end of the month by the looks because there is shortage of parts. So mid-30's during the day is just bearable, but at least we could open up the house during the night to cool the air inside.

Edited by Pabo

Here in Northern NSW (Byron Bay Shire) it has been around the low 30's with the exception of Lismore which is always higher due to being inland a touch.  I live in Mullumbimby which is around 10 mins from the coast and it has been hot.  Gratefully we have AC.  Mid 30's in sub tropical climates (which is what we are) is unpleasant.  Mid 30's in a dry heat is lovely, (IMHO only).  I have lived in both climates.  Last week on Thursday and again on Saturday, door to door was very very hot.  Poor brothers shirts were soaked after about 30 mins.  Spoke to a young traveller on Saturday from Canada and of course it is cold over there atm.  March is proving to be our usual February climate.  I wonder will we have an Autumn (Fall).  I love Autumn temperatures, so beautiful during the day and lovely and cool of an evening.  For us daylight saving ends (finally) this coming weekend.  This morning I am sitting at home on my pc between writing on here and letter writing on Zoom before heading out to the territory shortly.  It looks hot outside already.  😎

Edited by MullumMiss

• 2 weeks later...

For those living in the Midwest states in the USA, be extra vigilant.

2106677416_WarnedArea.thumb.jpeg.a89d9218d73a53e654d08d380280c5f8.jpeg

There are currently a dozen tornado warnings issued for people living in these storms' paths.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

In the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, here, by tomorrow, Saturday 2 pm, we are forecasted to have 10-15 inches of snow on the ground. Wind gusts of 45 miles per hour.

O, this is not an April Fools joke. 🤣🤣

As much as I hate this, it pales in comparison to what the southern states are dealing pwith today. I just don’t need this amount of snow to shovel before Sunday and the special talk. Not a great time to have a broke snowblower 

C31065B2-BFAF-49CA-AE31-C2BE9686D80A.jpeg

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”