JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

15 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Are you in Chile?

It sounds awful. We'll have to remember our brothers and sisters there too :pray:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 3 weeks later...

11 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

It has been a tad warm here in the West.

I am so grateful for my air conditioning. I wouldn't survive, or sleep, without it. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Here in Upper Michigan it was 50*F today (Thursday).  Really strange temperature for this time of years. But… no worries. It’s going back to normal tomorrow.

Forecast for tomorrow is: “Much colder. Scattered snow showers.  🥁🥁🥁 Drum roll, please 🥁🥁

High of 19*F

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

On 2/23/2024 at 12:26 AM, Loopy said:

Here in Upper Michigan it was 50*F today (Thursday).  Really strange temperature for this time of years. But… no worries. It’s going back to normal tomorrow.

Forecast for tomorrow is: “Much colder. Scattered snow showers.  🥁🥁🥁 Drum roll, please 🥁🥁

High of 19*F

What sudden and drastic change, hey?

From 51° F to just 14° F in just a few hours.  With winchills dipping to -5° F. 🥶

Screenshot_20240226_171259.thumb.jpg.d43589532be6b22fa2e97b16111b49be.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Our part of Oregon is experiencing some snow ❄️. Our meeting will be by Zoom. We are more of a rural area, so it's dangerous to drive. 

IMG_20240303_091717665_HDR.jpg

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

[Note: Southern Australia is the part closest to the South Pole! And Summer is finished. 100F presents challenges when on carts!]

Bureau of Meteorology forecasts extreme heatwave for Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania
Parts of Australia looking forward to a long weekend should also be planning for an extreme heatwave and increased fire risk.

“It’s at that time we’re seeing the greatest area covered by this severe heatwave conditions, not just southern South Australia and Victoria but parts of northern Tasmania as well, and that hits many of our major town centres including Adelaide and Melbourne.”

Widespread temperatures are set to hit the mid to high 30s pushing into the low 40s inland for southeastern parts of Australia on Friday.

Adelaide is forecast to reach 40 degrees on Friday, with Melbourne and Hobart hitting 39 degrees and 33 degrees respectively.

https://www.news.com.au/national/weather/bureau-of-meteorology-forecasts-extreme-heatwave-for-victoria-south-australia-and-tasmania/news-story/7edbeb4900aed93b0696f55c971ef0558a287ba141e08c6c459d972b9139938f.jpgae5fec8491c51695e7ba656285322e71.jpg

Old (Downunder) Tone

• 2 weeks later...

March 14 Tornados in Ohio & Indiania

There are several news items and videos.

What we know about tornado damage in Winchester, Indiana (indystar.com)

I talked to elder ( we grew up together) yesterday from my hometown, Greenville, Ohio; that told me what he saw & information from others he knows in (close by) Winchester, Indiania; and 'how close' they were to tornados recently going. Our Love goes to all in area. .

People had been in the Taco Bell in Winchester. One man hung onto freezer door when building blew away.

Couple witnesses live just feet away from it.

One brother said his brick chimney blew down on his patio. He couldn't find his pickup at first; then found it smashed up in field. It was like you would squeeze piece of aluminum foil.

xxx Taco bell.jpg

It's a chilly 38F in North Louisiana at 8:30 this morning. Our area is rural with many trees, mostly pine. The air is clear, slight wind at 2 mph and gentle gusts of 4 mph. Even so, the humidity is 65%, enough to causes me to sense a damp chill when I came in from putting out the trash for pickup.

In our area we tend to have only two seasons. We have "HOT" from early April to late November, usually cool mornings with temperatures from 60F mornings to 100+ as late as midnight. The HOT season is so dry that we yearn for rain.

We have "Not-So Hot" the other months. We ordinarily get up to 30s/40sF but it may be 80s by late afternoon. This is also our wet season with rain, often 1-2 days, then the same  within 10 days. The old folks say, "Thunder in February, frost in April."

Regardless, each day is a gift from the Giver of "every good gift and every perfect present"!

Snowed this morning and in 20s Fahrenheit when I took my dog out walking. Warmed up a bit this afternoon, but I didn't get out of phys therapy till 5 pm. Will still go to meeting, but sore. Waiting to restart my cart assignment  but 4 med/hosp appointmenst is too much. Next week I have 5. Will prob wait til after then for cart work. Anyway, tomorrow will be in the teens. 

8 minutes ago, kejedo said:

Snowed this morning and in 20s Fahrenheit when I took my dog out walking. Warmed up a bit this afternoon, but I didn't get out of phys therapy till 5 pm. Will still go to meeting, but sore. Waiting to restart my cart assignment  but 4 med/hosp appointmenst is too much. Next week I have 5. Will prob wait til after then for cart work. Anyway, tomorrow will be in the teens. 

Have trousers for tonight's meeting, but don't want to slack off.