JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

I was just marveling as I drove to work and had to use a post card to block the sun, my area has had one of the sunniest years in memory. Summer usually doesn't start for us NW coast people till July then by 3rd week in September it starts raining. Not this year, it's been mainly clear skies since late April with only a couple rain/wind squalls. Now that it's near winter the sun is lower on the horizon and in my eyes all the time, visor doesn't even block it but that's ok, nice to have it.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

29 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I was just marveling as I drove to work and had to use a post card to block the sun, my area has had one of the sunniest years in memory. Summer usually doesn't start for us NW coast people till July then by 3rd week in September it starts raining. Not this year, it's been mainly clear skies since late April with only a couple rain/wind squalls. Now that it's near winter the sun is lower on the horizon and in my eyes all the time, visor doesn't even block it but that's ok, nice to have it.

I think I know why you had such a sunny year.  I think central Washington stole your clouds.  We had a surprisingly cloudy summer, then an indian summer in late September/October where it was sunny and 70-80 every day.  After that, several of our neighbors were wondering if Seattle weather moved over here.  Cold and rainy.  Now its sunny and 50's with 20's as the lows. 

• 2 weeks later...

It is 10:30pm and it is still 32°C.

Looking at the forecast, we will be hitting 40°C on Saturday, 41°C on Tuesday, and mid to high 30's in between. Hopefully we get some reprieve on from Thursday when it gets lower than 30°C.

There is still a huge fire out of control in the Hunter Valley which only started about lunch time. Below is what it has burnt out thus far 510 hectares (it started where the orange icon in located).

Screenshot_20231214_223330_HazardsNearMeNSW.thumb.jpg.a35a59f26a49c924c5f0c081c24ba744.jpg

There used to be a Kingdom Hall in Weston (it was located just below the word Weston on the picture), but it was sold some years ago and the congregation now has their meetings at Nulkaba KH sharing with another congregation.

Edited by Pabo

• 2 weeks later...

We lost what little snow we had.

IMG_20231224_141048176.thumb.jpg.be39c00e4b519c872f3805b9e510806b.jpg

The temps have been, and continue to be, above freezing.

Not a normal sight, here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

Instead of a Winter Wonderland,

we are wondering if Winter will ever land. 😂

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Ross, aren't you usually buried in snow in December? That's a different look out your window. Seems like you're having weird weather like we are here in the Northwest.

In September I had a few leftover potatoes that weren't looking good so I put them in the barrel where I'm composting this year. It's been so warm I now have potatoes, onions and celery growing in there! 

potato (488 x 867).jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

2 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Ross, aren't you usually buried in snow in December? That's a different look out your window.

This is the same view in a NORMAL Winter.  The falls is usually buried beneath a thick white blanket by now.

IMG_20160121_103121175.thumb.jpg.fc3b97cec958a7136e5fdc375cf20cf7.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif