JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

We had almost no winter in Central Asia this time. People jokingly said that we had six months of autumn and then in March the weather got very cold and we have had lots of rain and snow. The weather has become very strange and unpredictable. For example, yesterday there was a sudden snowfall and it felt like in the dead of white winter and today it is spring again with the sunshine, birdsong and all. That is another sign of the times. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As a kid I loved warm/hot summers here in Michigan’s U P after a lo-ong cold winter. Would be very upset if it was a wet/cool summer. Now not so much. 😊 

Yesterday, it was like 55 degrees F here by Lake Superior. Soft north breeze. Ahhhh! Got home from a long day of driving and shopping to enjoy sitting outside with my puppy.

Br. Jack, that has got to be awful dealing with that heat. Be careful out there. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

7 hours ago, Loopy said:

As a kid I loved warm/hot summers here in Michigan’s U P after a lo-ong cold winter. Would be very upset if it was a wet/cool summer. Now not so much. 😊 

Yesterday, it was like 55 degrees F here by Lake Superior. Soft north breeze. Ahhhh! Got home from a long day of driving and shopping to enjoy sitting outside with my puppy.

Br. Jack, that has got to be awful dealing with that heat. Be careful out there. 

It was only 46° F here this morning, in the heart of Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

44 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

It was only 46° F here this morning, in the heart of Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

And right now by the lake it’s 75*F with 71% humidity 🥵 

Just came back from walking Bandit 🐶 just a short ways to pay a bill….SWEATING🥵

18 hours ago, Loopy said:

75°F with 71% humidity

that is 24° C, not that warm. Here in this equatorial country, it is 86 °F (30° C) with a humidity of 80 % humidity. 😆 Here we are always drenched in perspiration. 

Once I was doing door to door preaching and sweat was pouring down my face. Seems the natives here just take it in their stride. Unbearably hot. Walking the dog at midnight

Here in central Washington State, we have had the year without spring, and it's looking like this year might have only 2 seasons.  Winter and warm winter.  It apparently made national news when we rose above 80 F.  So far, temps are in the mid to high 70's with some sunny days and some rainy days.  At least we get a preview of the beginnings of the new world.  The normally brown grassy hills at the border between the forest and the desert now look like rolling hills in Ireland or Scotland.  And the desert itself is unusually green.  Meanwhile, the rest of the US is burning with fire or burning in hot temps.

Has anyone heard about the sun phenomenom today. At 7:15 am Eastern Pacific time 99% of the world are/were experiencing some degree of sunlight at the exact same time.

Only the Pacific Islands and Australia regions are fully in the dark.

This would be a little scary if you didn't know what was happening.. 

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

36 minutes ago, Dove said:

Has anyone heard about the sun phenomenom today. At 7:15 am Eastern Pacific time 99% of the world are/were experiencing some degree of sunlight at the exact same time.

Only the Pacific Islands and Australia regions are fully in the dark.

This would be a little scary if you didn't know what was happening.. 

do you have a link explaining it?

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

3 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

do you have a link explaining it?

I'm sorry, I'm not good at posting links, but it's all over the internet..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

https://thedebrief.org/the-sun-causes-an-odd-phenomenon-to-occur-every-july-at-this-perfect-moment-research-reveals/

The story behind this solar mystery has its origins with a Day and Night World Map produced by the folks at Timeanddate.com, a website described since 1998 as “the world’s number one website on time.” Posted on Reddit by user GiddySwine, the map was used as support for an unusual claim: that 99% of the world’s population happens to fall between dawn and dusk on July 8, at around 11:15 UTC.

That would essentially mean that for a short time on this date, nearly all the world’s population receives at least some amount of sunlight simultaneously on account of this unique solar phenomenon. But how accurate is the claim?

32 minutes ago, Loopy said:

the map was used as support for an unusual claim: that 99% of the world’s population happens to fall between dawn and dusk on July 8, at around 11:15 UTC.

That translates to 4:15AM PDT.  Yes, there is some daylight up north close to the Canadian border, but down where I used to live in Los Angeles, it's pitch black at that time.  Even more so as you go south into Mexico towards the equator.

• 2 months later...

We also are having a warmer than normal early fall. It's fine by me because May through mid August was, for most of it, unusually cool and misty. Growing food was delayed for everyone. I'm enjoying the warmth. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Well, we are going to have a very wet weekend (again) but this time with more higher rainfall, At this very minute, it is actually raining at this moment.

image.png.07ac78eae64b94b8dd45bb0814b8918c.png

We have been issued with many flood alerts for most of our state, as the ground has not been able to dry out with all the rain we have been getting over the past few weeks (and even months).

We thus far have had about 920mm (37 inches) of rain up to the end of September, whereas we normally average only 660mm (26 inches) for the whole year!

And we have yet to receive for the next 3 months worth of rain where we normally have about 28% (190mm) of our annual rainfall fall just in these 3 months, where they are predicting that we will get about half of that just this weekend.

• 1 month later...