JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

• 9 months later...

One thing I like about living in North Texas is we don’t really have winters here where it’s 6 months of cold weather. We have cold spells here and there. And when it is cold it’s only for like 2 1/2 months with warms fronts here and there. Here it is 2 days into December and it got up to 81 degrees today.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Wow, 81 ° F/27 °C is really the most ideal temperature to have. In the New order, this kind of weather will be what most people would be comfortable with.  No wonder my 7th Uncle's whole family migrated to Little Rock, Arkansas 4 decades ago and his eldest son ran a thriving dental clinic. His grandson boasted about having a swimming pool in their compound and a grand piano in their mansion(complete with pic) Even in her old age my 7th aunt was running a profitable canteen kiosk. She didn't have time to take my brother and his wife around when they visited them. The hygiene inspectors were very exacting.

So they really did succeed in life after being rejected by this country and after falling to obtain citizenship,  they then moved to Taiwan and finally the country of golden opportunities. 

I haven't never been to the states and I guess I'll never will. 😬

Edited by happiness IS

17 hours ago, happiness IS said:

I haven't never been to the states and I guess I'll never will. 

You’re not missing out on much. I think there’s plenty of other countries that have a richer culture, better landscaping, better historical architecture, better beaches, better food and nicer people than the United States does. Don’t get me wrong, I love my country but it’s not all it’s cracked up to be…

Edited by *Jack*

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

45 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

it’s not all it’s cracked up to be

My snooty uncle's family seems to love, love the US. My father the 1st son in the Soong family wasn't actually from that family, merely the son of a close relative. I'm supposed to have 8 uncles but in actual fact my father may be the only odd one out. Hard to say. Can't imagine grandma having 9 sons.  

Enjoy your good weather, Brother Jack

1 hour ago, happiness IS said:

My snooty uncle's family seems to love, love the US. My father the 1st son in the Soong family wasn't actually from that family, merely the son of a close relative. I'm supposed to have 8 uncles but in actual fact my father may be the only odd one out. Hard to say. Can't imagine grandma having 9 sons.  

Enjoy your good weather, Brother Jack

My grandmother had 8 sons and 6 daughters, all at home. Fourteenth one weighed 12 lbs.

They all grew up to have their own families. Unfortunately out of all this large extended family, none came into the Truth.  
Only me.. I feel very blessed 

OOps..off topic🙃

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I haven’t even really looked outside yet. I’m going to really have a struggle just scooping the back path. Probably have to do a bit and go back into the house and rest my back. Try to take that 🔪 that keeps going into my lower back.

As much as I dislike winter I’ll take it compared to tornadoes.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

At 1 pm EST in London Canada it is 15.7 C  60 F. Sun has been shining brightly, however clouds are moving in and wind has really picked up. Not a record temperature for this date but close.

Temperature supposed to drop like a rock to low mid 30s this afternoon then just below  freezing tonight. Precipitation maybe rain then snow.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Well, got the deck portion and steps cleared. Decided I wasn’t going to attempt to scoop the path. This isn’t snow it’s cement. I’d never be able to lift the scoop out of the path. Was able to stick it out and finish the path to the garage. Whew! 

Still got front of the garage to do, but not sure if I have the strength to do that. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

• 2 weeks later...

Records are tumbling here in Western Australia …

The Bureau of Meteorology has warned residents along that large west coast strip that the mercury will top 39C on Christmas Eve, 42C on Christmas Day and Boxing Day and 40C on Monday.

It will be the hottest three-day Christmas period since records began more than 100 years ago, overtaking the previous record from 2007 when the average temperature across those three days was 40.3C.

Some pretty moderate temps in Israel. Unless you go up in the hills where it can get quite cold. The temps are fairly close to where I live - 40' - 50's maybe to the 70's a time or 3 in February,  my favorite month.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Just a tad warm here in the West. I was going to friends about 30 minutes away for a BBQ tomorrow but I'm staying home and hibernating instead. 

These temps are in Celsius. 

Screenshot_20211224-154131_BOM Weather.jpg

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

• 3 weeks later...