JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

34 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Hey Rosanne, getting any hail there? 

Thought some would like to see the lightning strikes around  Rosanne’s and my area. 😳😳😳😳

70F4EC06-22E8-4098-954A-04651C07C658.jpeg

And it sounds as bad as it looks. :D   "Ka-BOOM!  Ca-RACK! Ka-BOOM!"

One bolt struck so close I almost jumped out of my seat. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

34 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Are you still out in the field or safely at home?

High and dry in the house.  We got 2 and a half inches of rain out of this...so far. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

It certainly causes problems for Rosanne but we really needed it. 

DNR was out this afternoon fighting a fire and a bit later on the rain fell and gave them the help they needed. 

Everything wa# getting dried out here.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

The weather is magnificent, very sunny , sandy beaches with crystal clear waters inviting you to plunge yourself and swim.....

wait a minute....

I am looking at the holiday brochure to Bora Bora ....:facepalmpo2:LOL

One glance through the window revels reality of cold and wet day here in Melbourne. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 hours ago, Loopy said:

It certainly causes problems for Rosanne but we really needed it. 

DNR was out this afternoon fighting a fire and a bit later on the rain fell and gave them the help they needed. 

Everything wa# getting dried out here.

DNR? Do Not Resuscitate?

Messing with you sis 😁

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

The weather is magnificent, very sunny , sandy beaches with crystal clear waters inviting you to plunge yourself and swim.....
wait a minute....
I am looking at the holiday brochure to Bora Bora ....:facepalmpo2
One glance through the window revels reality of cold and wet day here in Melbourne. 

Or up here in sunny Queensland, oh wait... you are in Victoria. You cannot leave the state.

Old (Downunder) Tone

Just feeling sorry for the folks in Kyushu, Japan

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/07/07/629067/Japan-rain-flooding-  07 July 2020

“The rain front is expected to remain until the ninth (of July), and rain is expected over a wide front stretching from western to eastern Japan,”

Japan on Monday issued a flood warning to more than half a million people living in three prefectures.

Up to 250 millimeters (10 inches) of rain is expected in the 24-hour period through Tuesday morning in the southern part of Kyushu Island, which includes areas already hit hard by the flooding,

At a nursing home for the elderly, 14 people were feared dead when water from a nearby river inundated the ground floor, leaving those in wheelchairs unable to reach higher ground

I just can't imagine having so much rain for more than 6 days in a row. (4 July and expected to carry on until 9 July) Crazy weather. 

A resident is rescued from a submerged house in Kurashiki.

Edited by Mclove

Yikes! Looks powerfully close 😳 to those lines.   Must be a great pilot 

I think in such conditions, the power lines would probably be shut down. Dangerous work. I wonder how our brothers and sisters are doing, what with the Regional conventions coming on this weekend. It's a good thing they are not having to attend the usual kind of convention. Unimaginable hardship in these last days. One calamity after another. It is relentless. Not even a chance to take a breather.

8 minutes ago, Mclove said:

I think in such conditions, the power lines would probably be shut down. Dangerous work. I wonder how our brothers and sisters are doing, what with the Regional conventions coming on this weekend. It's a good thing they are not having to attend the usual kind of convention. Unimaginable hardship in these last days. One calamity after another. It is relentless. Not even a chance to take a breather.

Huh! Never thought of that. I just think of the rotors getting tangled. ☹️

Seems like Japan (not just Japan) just can’t catch a break, flooding, earthquakes you name it. ☹️

O yes, our dear brothers. We’ll find out how their doing. Organization  will see to that. 

4 hours ago, Sheep said:

Very hot here today. It's 30°C at the moment (86°F), expecting a high of 35 (95F). Add to that the humidity, and we'll have a humidex reading of 40°C (104°F)!

Ditto for rest of week.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Why confused Peter? My area suffers from the heat index from inland much like San Francisco,  dang fog moves in and it's cool. We cannot get enough sun and heat to say we had a 'good' summer. 

I lived inland as a girl, we actually had a summer, warm and perfect for swimming and growing food  but on the ocean in Washington state its irritating. If you've never experienced it its difficult to understand. Cool is over rated during summer.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

10 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

We have unseasonably cool weather here. 65 or less, makes irritated.  I'd like some sun please!

I saw last week in your area I think it was like mid 50’s ☹️ 

Gladly send you some of our heat 🔥. 😁

23 minutes ago, Loopy said:

I saw last week in your area I think it was like mid 50’s ☹️ 

Gladly send you some of our heat 🔥. 😁

Could have been. Lately it's been 63....65. But I want 75...80. Sheesh, is that so much to ask? Can't wait to move to a warmer climate, one that isn't affected by off shore weather. Or any shore! Don't want to live by an ocean for 100 years!

Edited by bagwell1987

8 Things to Know Before Visiting El Nido, Palawan - READ THIS before you go! I things to do in Philippines I places to go in Philippines I what to do in Philippines I Philippines destinations I what to do in Palawan I where to go in Philippines I Philippines travel I Asia destinations I where to go in Palawan I Philippines attractions I Palawan travel guide I Philippines guide I El Nido tips I Palawan tips I Philippines travel tips I #Philippines #Palawan #ElNido –By Wandering Wheatleys

Palawan Island, Philippines.

Average temperature of 84°F and the coldest is January at 79°F The best month to swim in the sea is in April when the average sea temperature is 86°F.

Blazing hot most of the time. Don't miss the sun until it's gone.

image.thumb.png.69edf22b54cb1ec390efcc0b06b90b99.png

Edited by Mclove

the coldest is January at 79°F (26 C)

That must be a joke for you folks in the temperate regions. But it's a relief for people living near the equator who has to suffer 91 F all the year round. So 'cold' is a relative term. 😎

Edited by Mclove

Anne, that's absolutely beautiful. Oh yes I'd love to live there for a long time. I often speak of not being around an ocean for 100 years! But it's one like mine. My ocean is mostly for fishing, its brown and has serious sneaker waves and rip tides. Very dangerous. 

Your pictures are glorious, yes I'd love to live there. Thank-you for posting the pics, so nice.