JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

Just saw that earlier today Munising had 45 mph winds. Right now they’re about 16 from thr NW.

Yeah keeping the county to the south and west of us busy.

Also about 5 miles east of town here there’s just a few outages. The one electric company’s (mine) outage website says there’s only about 5.

Another company’s (Alger/Delta) outage site says there’s 16 around here.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Beautiful day here today, about 87, got lots of bedding washed and hung outside. Made potato salad for Lew, watered the garden, poor bok choy was sagging over. Lettuce was also a bit whimpy from the sun, they were better after some water. Worked till 1:30 then read my book under the shade of the umbrella, beautiful afternoon. Love this heat. Supposed to be this way till next Thursday.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

46 minutes ago, Mephibosheth said:

We are expecting extreme heat over the weekend, possibly 110F on Sunday and Monday. 

Oh man, that's hot. Not sure my garden could take that.

Air conditioning!

MH said they may be shut down early next week. Can't say I'm disappointed in that. The woods can be a tinderbox. And he has been working 60 hours a week. He needs rest.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Here by Lake Superior, (Michigan) it’s 70* F with 24-30 mph winds.

Both electric companies are being kept busy with outages.

In Alger county my electric company has 338 outages, with more probably added today. 😳 Just went up to 573 😳

The other company has 195.  Just went up to 207.

With this wind a report of someone’s roof being torn off and landing on power lines in my town, one street north of me and down west  side of town on that street. 
Fire siren went off, fire department called to check it out. Truck sirens blaring. 

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

With this wind a report of someone’s roof being torn off and landing on power lines in my town, one street north of me and down west  side of town on that street. 
Fire siren went off, fire department called to check it out. Truck sirens blaring. 

The wind here in Trenary is blowing much harder.  The rain fly tarps on both of my tents  have been ripped to shreds. :(

I'm hoping I will be able to purchase new ones.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

38˚C today, 36˚C yesterday :sunshine: = our little A/C running day and night in our tiny upstairs studio, and it's not even that much cooler. We live in an old garage converted to residential use and the roof is asphalt, tar or something like that so without the cheapest window air con from Walmart it would be unlivable inside... All I wanna do is sleep! Too warm to do anything! 🥵

Kind of happy I am not at my in-laws in San Bernardino County, CA. 44˚C!! 😵

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

It’s 52*F here, raining (52% chance). Winds out of the NW at only 3 mph.

Glad errands were done before it started raining  ️ harder.

Actually, it just dropped to 48*F 😳

Edited by Loopy

10 minutes ago, Loopy said:

It’s 52*F here, raining (52% chance). Winds out of the NW at only 3 mph.

Glad errands were done before it started raining  ️ harder.

Actually, it just dropped to 48*F 😳

Cooler here by two degrees.

Screenshot_20200909_171719.thumb.jpg.6d44da8bb4fbf35b334c04232eb86b61.jpg

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Beyond the Sky said:

Your cong is having meetings outside? Woah that's so cool!

I sit outside at the picnic table for the meeting

My brothers know what I do as I am an outside person. It's still over 80 F outside at 9 pm here. Going to be hard to sleep in near 90 degrees inside,  hafta go to work at 9 am. Try my best to sleep. Fans on high. Sigh, love heat but not at the moment. 

We’ve had a couple friends this summer sit out on their deck for the meeting. I thought it was nice. 

i thought about it, but I would have to much “stuff” to bring out on the deck and than drag back in. 😊 

• 2 months later...

Our weather, here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, is a bit of a mess, at the moment.

Screenshot_20201114_222418.thumb.jpg.487a7a89273830be10d2dabbb6e9462b.jpg

Come to think of it, it's most always a bit of a mess. :D

Which is why I'm glad I haven't had to make the 60 miles round-trip drive to the hall for the last 8 months.

There are no treacherous roads on Zoom. :D

We just looked and the forecast for the Pacific NW is more rain and cold weather than usual. Greaaaat, trapped in the house. Grrr. 

Tonight is completely stormy,  wind and torrential rain. I just know its gonna wake me up all night. They did call for a storm, but I wish they were wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Hey Loopy and Ross, the Acuweather says you're going to have lots of snow soon, is this true? How are you girls doing?

I panicked 😁 when I saw your post. j/k. Checked Weatherbug and so far looks like sunny or cloudy today thru next Thursday. But I know it’s coming. 

So far its been cold and windy.

So far I’m doing well. No sniffles 🤧 or anything like that. So far.

Thank you for asking.