JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

Same here. We are expecting 15  to 25 centimetres (6 to 10 inches), whereas in other parts of the province of Quebec, 40 or 50 centimetres (16 or 20 inches) are forecast. At the airport, lots of flights are delayed or cancelled. It was announced the post office in the province won't be delivering anything today, although garbage collection went on as usual. Several multi-vehicle pileups have closed highways. Elementary and High Schools were closed in anticipation of this event.

sometimes I miss the snow(and cooler weather)-- but didnt like shoveling or service in the snow

last week was in the 70's and 80's - this week it turned freezing...lol

droped into 60's ......60 degree F = 16 degress C

last night 55....approx 15C

people are starting to wear jackets and hats and hoodies......

but a small group did go swimming with the Manatee's this past weekend --- too cold for that for me

usually we get 1 week late Jan early Feb where it drops to freezing 32F @ night but 50's daytime

chatting with some in Toronto today they were jealous - they were getting snow -one fellow had 20-30 cm of snow out his door

he decided he need a florida vacation....lol

wherever you are - hope you have a fine day

We have reached 40C (104F)for 5 days in a row.  It's our 10th 40+ day for this summer and we have broken all previous records, the last one being set last month, December 2021. Minimum night temperatures are in the mid 20s. 

It's supposed to be cooling down tomorrow with a max of 38C. (100.4F) 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Woke up to ice🥶covered everything...car, driveway, stairs, etc. My husband still had to go to work, in a place where people DO NOT know how to drive 🚗in this weather and DOT doesn't have the equipment to take care of the roads/bridges. It's 27F now and expected to rise to 37F. Enough to have the ice melt a bit before it refreezes again tonight. 

I am trying to tell myself that it's better than a foot of snow❄️...but it's not. At least snow you get to play in. Ice is just dangerous with no fun to be found. At least it's not raining anymore. 🤪

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

1 hour ago, pnutts said:

Forecast for London ON tomorrow night a  hearty -26 C ( -15F ). When I lived up in cottage country we would get -40 in town. Colder away  from Georgian Bay. Bye the bye. -40 is same either C or F.

I heard about winters in the east (I’m from Vancouver) but WOW! My first winter in Toronto was a low of -19 C, and there was so much snowfall that army trucks were called in to pave some roads. Thankfully I had moved there with my Jeep YJ 4x4 so could get around, but I can’t imagine the face windburn with that cold! Though ok cottage country, but still… 🥶

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Really wonky weather here, in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

Just a few days ago, we had -17 F with -35 F windchills.

Today, we have 38 degrees ABOVE zero F and I had the windows down on the car and was able to feed my outside birds without having to even put on a jacket or gloves.   

Yup.   Wonky weather. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

For all you people suffering from snow, ice and freezing temperatures, here's a report from the other end of the scale.

... six consecutive days above 40C ending on January 18 earned Perth the title of ‘hottest capital city in Australia’.

On Friday (today) Perth reached a maximum of 41.1C – bringing the total number of days at 40C or above during summer to 12 – another record. (The previous was seven in 2015/2016.)

Saturday (tomorrow) is now forecast to reach 41C, meaning the city is well and truly on track to double the previous record for days at 40C or over during summer.

Perth Metro recorded zero rainfall in January 2022, 

However, Monday is supposed to be down to 22C  which is a bizarre temperature for February, so I like Ross says, 'wonky weather' here, too.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/weather/perth-weather-metro-area-sweats-through-hottest-january-on-record--c-5568785?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=perthnow_update_2022-2-04&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sendgrid+wan_newsletter

Edited by GeordieGirl

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the sunsets are spectacular at them moment, thanks to the volcanic plume from Tonga's volcano eruption last month.  It is still lingering in the atmosphere, causing refraction of light at sunset.  Just gorgeous!  Scientists have said the volcanic plume has been around the world once already, and is now more dispersed, but "it's not a common occurrence, so if you manage to get to see it, it's something worth remembering".

Deep pink clouds over Toowoomba

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-18/tonga-volcano-sunset-sunrise/100840816

We have a weather advisory for the tri-state area(s) it is currently  59 degrees which is odd for this time of year - we were a week ago single digits, and currently we have strong winds - with the cold frontal passing through.  

The weather is back and forth here as well. NY, NJ and Connecticut - my cousin in a town in South Carolina

has experience colder weather than us!🙃

48 minutes ago, happiness IS said:

The Tri State Area is an unofficial term of contiguous United State. It means the adjacent suburbs and cities of town and metropolis that are across three states.

Yep!  That is how the weather media roll  - we just go with the flow! 

Edited by Tia

• 4 weeks later...

Sun ☀️🌻 was Shining today.

We are getting more Rain ☺️🌧️

Where did Summer go again 😭

Crazy aye. 

Next few days forecast

IMG_20220317_180125076.jpg

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Getting warmer pretty quick here in Montreal, Canada. Two days ago it was -1°C (30 F). Today it's 15°C (59 F)! (That's unusual though.) There's still about an inch or two of snow on the ground in the untrodden areas, but the streets and sidewalks are bare.

On Tuesday, it became legal in Canada to remove your snow tires. But they were not recommending it. We could still get another significant snowfall in the next month or so.

Edited by Sheep

3 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Getting warmer pretty quick here in Montreal, Canada. Two days ago it was -1°C (30 F). Today it's 15°C (59 F)! There's still about an inch or two of snow on the ground in the untrodden areas, but the streets and sidewalks are bare.

On Tuesday, it became legal in Canada to remove your snow tires. But they were not recommending it. We could still get another significant snowfall in the next month or so.

I would love to see Canada one day. One of my Aunt's lived all around Canada. A New System job now.

Today at Last the sun is Shining 😊💓. Feels good. They can't always get the weather right. Lol

Edited by surfergirl

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

When my husband and I decided to go and live in a different country, it was a toss up between Canada and Australia.

The decision was based on the first flight available from the day we walked into the travel agency. (Those were the days when there weren't multiple flights everyday).

The flight to Australia left on 24th September, the Canadian left on the 25th. 

Australia won!!!

One day I do want to go to Canada, such beautiful scenery - though it'll probably be in the new world now. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, we are getting yet another Winter Storm. :(

Screenshot_20220330_223955.thumb.jpg.63daac874af9653abc97372615334109.jpg

Be safe Sis.

Ain't the weather Sooooo out of wack? 

Here it's feels like it's becoming 40 days and 40 nights. More rain and more rain again. Crazy seas.