JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fatal stabbing at a KH in the UK

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2274 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That is so terrible! I hope Jehovah remembers him in the resurrection.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Oh my!

The victim hasn't been identified and may not be a JW. In our area, that is an odd time of day for someone to be at a KH.

We are beginning to have a problem with homeless people around our KH, the fact that they found a man nearby makes me wonder if a homeless man tried to rob the victim. 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

For those who are not sure what the article says

The victim, who has not been formally identified, sustained a "number of stab wounds" and was found at Kingdom Hall in Dowell Street, Honiton, Devon, at about 15:40 BST, police said.
A 55-year-old man who was located nearby has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

58 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Oh my!

The victim hasn't been identified and may not be a JW. In our area, that is an odd time of day for someone to be at a KH.

We are beginning to have a problem with homeless people around our KH, the fact that they found a man nearby makes me wonder if a homeless man tried to rob the victim. 

That is my thought as well.  The victim could have been attacked across the street and ran into the parking lot trying to escape. 

It may be that the only connection to us is that he happened to be found there on the property. .

5 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

That is my thought as well.  The victim could have been attacked across the street and ran into the parking lot trying to escape. 

It may be that the only connection to us is that he happened to be found there on the property. .

That's what I thought...

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Except the gates would normally be locked in the middle of the afternoon and it's clear from various pictures that the police have cordoned off the car park itself.  That still does not mean there is any connection at all to the congregation.

I don't know anyone in the area to check any details so I guess we shall all have to wait for further media reports to get the details of the extent of any direct relationship with the local congregation. 

Unfortunately it was a brother from Bideford congregation. He was working on the alarm system there, he used to do all the Kingdom Hall alarms. Really sad he used to be in our congregation back in about the 70s so my mum says. I have a name but will wait till it is made public. :(

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

1 minute ago, MentalProject said:

Unfortunately it was a brother from Bideford congregation. He was working on the alarm system there, he used to do all the Kingdom Hall alarms. Really sad he used to be in our congregation back in about the 70s so my mum says. I have a name but will wait till it is made public. :(

That is sad to hear...our sympathy and condolences and prayers for his family and Congregation. .:depressed:

1 hour ago, MentalProject said:

Yes that is all true! He was a very well respected elder with a wife & was 54 yrs old. 

I also have his name but will wait till it's released. 

I have just cut a brothers hair at the new Brd, Chelmsford,  who has been in contact with the brothers where it happened. 

Very sad indeed.... will be praying to keep his dear wife comforted as I too know what it's like to have lost a dear husband suddenly...

we need the new world very soon.....:-( 

If you look at the pictures on the news you will see the carts outside the Kingdom Hall entrance. The publishers bringing the carts back found him. That must of been terrible. Yes our prayers definitely go out to the family and congregations involved.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Dreadful news, our poor brother. Our hearts go out to his wife and the congregation. The brothers name has been released here in the UK news and I think it was an extremely kind and loving thing to do that those here on the forum who knew the brothers name did not release it on here. Thank you for showing such kindness and also deep respect for our brother and his family. 

2 hours ago, seagull said:

The brother has been named in the news media as Phillip Ryan, an elder from Bideford congregation.  I also spoke with a relative from Bideford and they are in total shock.  It's a terrible event and our hearts go out to his wife and family.

My son also lives in Bideford - it is such a shock.  The latest, at the moment, from the police is here:

http://m.devonlive.com/ma-stabbed-to-death-in-honiton-named-locally/story-30377431-detail/story.html

Just to clarify in response to Seagull's post above, I thought it was very kind for brothers and sisters who knew our dear brother to not report on here his name until it had been released in public news. No wish to offend or judge anyone so hope the clarification helps. Thoughts and prayers with our brother, his family and the congregation.

15 minutes ago, pgwenlan said:

My son also lives in Bideford - it is such a shock.  The latest, at the moment, from the police is here:

http://m.devonlive.com/ma-stabbed-to-death-in-honiton-named-locally/story-30377431-detail/story.html

Thank you for the update..

:nope: So sad.....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

How shocking and sad for our dear brother and his family, and his congregation. My prayers are being said in their behalf.

i was alone working at our kingdom hall today, it certainly is a painful reminder to me of these terrible times in which we live. 

Christian love to all. 

Gu 

16 minutes ago, stuagu said:

How shocking and sad for our dear brother and his family, and his congregation. My prayers are being said in their behalf.

i was alone working at our kingdom hall today, it certainly is a painful reminder to me of these terrible times in which we live. 

Christian love to all. 

Gu 

It really is the truth, we can't be to careful in this world today......it's demented beyond comprehension!