JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast for July 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2460 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

16 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Umm. What did the song sound like in ASL?

(No, not American Sound Language.)

The Sound of Silence. ^_^

No.  Seriously, I was too busy watching the music video to watch the signers.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Okay, so we'll actually have to listen to it. That's okay.

Our new song this month is entitled We Marvel at Your Work. For those who would like to listen to an mp3 format version of it on your smart phones, you can download it from my collection. It'll be there until the official  version shows up on JW Broadcasting.

Happy listening... :headphones:

Wonderful this month`s JWB! (I know, we always say that...:).)  I  also liked that in the end Brother Morris made a quick review of the entire  program.  And the part about the AVS! Fantastic work! A few years ago 1 video/year...in 2016 (if I remember well) 1 video/day .

We have the best organization!!!!!  We have the Greatest God!!!!! And a unique worldwide brotherhood !!!

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

The Go Bag reminder along with the forthcoming Awake about natural disasters, we cannot say we haven't been warned! Fab Broadcast, loved the item about the video team and their work. Was so very tired this evening but the meeting was so encouraging, I felt re-energised. Jehovah gives us what we need, when the brother said that had he worked so hard so a secular company he would have needed a vacation but Jehovah gave him the strength he needed.........this truly is the best imperfect organisation ever!!!!!

3 hours ago, Daniela said:

Wonderful this month`s JWB! (I know, we always say that...:).)  I  also liked that in the end Brother Morris made a quick review of the entire  program.  And the part about the AVS! Fantastic work! A few years ago 1 video/year...in 2016 (if I remember well) 1 video/day .

We have the best organization!!!!!  We have the Greatest God!!!!! And a unique worldwide brotherhood !!!

And he also demonstrated from the Bible why God has an organization and a channel. I am going to use those same points in the ministry when the question comes up about whether or not God has an organization.

Those scriptures were direct.  I also enjoyed the encouragement to understand the organization how things are operated before one is baptized, even encouraging baptized Witnesses to do the same thing.

What I appreciated from that point is that we are not and have never been on a membership drive. We want new students to become fully aware of our structure, judicial matters, and the responsibilities of brothers among other things. Completing the two books indeed helps them to remain in God's love.

Lyrics to July's Original JWBroadcasting Song: (Thanks, once more, for providing the transcript, Brother William^_^)

We Marvel at Your Work

The work of the Kingdom, in my lifetime and before, 
Provides me with your written Word, the truth, and so much more.
Your faithful slave, discreet and wise, provides increasing light
And sends out men who shepherd me with loving oversight.

I know expectations at conventions will be met.
And afterward, I always say, “Now that’s the best one yet!” 
At weekly meetings, I can feel your thoughtful, loving care 
And learn how best to preach and teach and have a fuller share.

We marvel at your work And what the Kingdom’s done so far.
We cherish Kingdom rule.
We grow in faith to realize the kind of God you are.
We look ahead to blessings that your Kingdom soon will bring.

You give us the honor to be workers on your side, 
Our ministry that lets us show the love we feel inside.
The depth of understanding and the peace of mind you give,
They teach us what is pure and true; they show the way to live.

The songs that express what’s in my heart so very well 
And Fam’ly Worship ev’nings give your spirit room to dwell.
Our unity, despite whatever language we might speak, 
Proves that our loving brotherhood in this world is unique.

We marvel at your work And what the Kingdom’s done so far.
We cherish Kingdom rule.
We grow in faith to realize the kind of God you are.
We look ahead to blessings that your Kingdom soon will bring.

Lyrics to all JWBroadcast Original Songs October 2015 through July 2017

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

9 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

The Sound of Silence. ^_^

No.  Seriously, I was too busy watching the music video to watch the signers.:D

Rosanne....lyrics pretty please! Thanks!

Is Mount Ebo mentioned in this broadcast?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So Mount Ebo not mentioned in this Broadcast but US Branch has property purchased a couple of years ago that will be used as video studio. They played video for morning worship regarding Mount Ebo when I visited end of May.

https://patch.com/new-york/southeast/watchtower-bible-and-tract-society-buys-property-ebo-road-south

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

On 6/30/2017 at 6:57 AM, timpin said:

any speculation, spoilers, trailers, pre-July images?

I noticed the June JWB wasn't pinned?

Have the moderators decided not to PIN the monthly broadcasts anymore?   ...   

I absolutely loved the part about the video productions! Though I'm still young, it's something I would love to do in the future. Infact, I always loved film making and script writing.

Funny enough, after a very long brake of having nothing to do with it, I picked that Ol' hobby up again. I'm making a short film with some young brothers in the cong and it's picked up a crowd. It's just something to do as a hobby while working and pioneering. 

Good timing, it looks like what we're doing now is good training for the future to use our talents to serve Jehovah.

I absolutely loved the part about the video productions! Though I'm still young, it's something I would love to do in the future. Infact, I always loved film making and script writing.

Funny enough, after a very long brake of having nothing to do with it, I picked that Ol' hobby up again. I'm making a short film with some young brothers in the cong and it's picked up a crowd. It's just something to do as a hobby while working and pioneering. 

Good timing, it looks like what we're doing now is good training for the future to use our talents to serve Jehovah.

Go to the meeting for prospective bethelites at your next convention, even if you are young. Send in your application. Keep doing it every year. Find some good brief courses. Then show that you want to help out in the congregation. Apply to the LDC and be vigilant to help out. Talk to your CO about your plans and wishes. Be ready to do ANYTHING in the organisation. Try applying to the School for Kingdom Evangelizers. Do they need a dishwasher at Bethel or some RTO? Take the job.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

10 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Go to the meeting for prospective bethelites at your next convention, even if you are young. Send in your application. Keep doing it every year. Find some good brief courses. Then show that you want to help out in the congregation. Apply to the LDC and be vigilant to help out. Talk to your CO about your plans and wishes. Be ready to do ANYTHING in the organisation. Try applying to the School for Kingdom Evangelizers. Do they need a dishwasher at Bethel or some RTO? Take the job.

Johan

Great Goals!!!

11 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Johan

Yup, I'm doing all those suggestions and have been for the past two years. The goal for AVS is new though, as I didn't know it exisited until this months broadcast. Always go to the meetings for bethellites each year. Tackling many privileges with Jehovah's help. My dream would be to go to SKE. But for now, I'm having fun in my current assignment of pioneering. 

I'm still a year or two off but the elders helped me to see this waiting time to be a time where I could focus on my relationship with Jehovah.

Now is the time to work on these"little but nowhere near as less important" things. Cultivating the fruitage of the spirit. Building stronger ties with my brothers and sisters in our cong. And focussing on Jehovah- and the reasons why we love and serve him. 

P.S. Unfortunately, our bethel disappeared and merged with Australia. But I've been to that bethel and absolutely love it. Also, there are remote bethellites here in NZ.

Edited by youthintheministry23

And the world's youth cries "I'm bored!" 

Not in this organization are our young people bored. Jehovah gives them and us other young (older youths, lol) ones plenty to do! We just have to talk to Jehovah about it, grab it, and enjoy it! What an absolute wonderful, fantastic organization we belong to! I'm so proud to belong to it! Anytime someone asks "Are you a Jehovah's witness?" I answer "Yes!" (ok so it's usually "absolutely!!"). You better believe it. 

Edited by Luezette

1 hour ago, youthintheministry23 said:

Yup, I'm doing all those suggestions and have been for the past two years. The goal for AVS is new though, as I didn't know it exisited until this months broadcast. Always go to the meetings for bethellites each year. Tackling many privileges with Jehovah's help. My dream would be to go to SKE. But for now, I'm having fun in my current assignment of pioneering. 

I'm still a year or two off but the elders helped me to see this waiting time to be a time where I could focus on my relationship with Jehovah.

Now is the time to work on these"little but nowhere near as less important" things. Cultivating the fruitage of the spirit. Building stronger ties with my brothers and sisters in our cong. And focussing on Jehovah- and the reasons why we love and serve him. 

P.S. Unfortunately, our bethel disappeared and merged with Australia. But I've been to that bethel and absolutely love it. Also, there are remote bethellites here in NZ.

One of the ways you can help in the congregation is helping those brothers and sisters who are technology challenged with their tablets, computers , mobile phones  etc.

Try working with every active publisher out in the ministry.

The Regional assemblies are starting here in New Zealand what can you do there to help.

Can you get to your Kingdom Hall early and make it a goal to greet everyone that comes in.

There are many little ways you can help in the Congregation that will build your faith and the faith of others.

Now we know why all the shuffling around of the congregations. No sense in building more halls if the ones we have are only half full. Here in Fairbanks, we have a  big hall and it was hardly ever full before but it sure is full now. Better use of dedicated funds.

We have in our congregation young ones who opens the inner doors and greets the friends when they arrive. It's so wonderful!

Last Sunday a sister with her  husband and children had a clothing gathering (used clothing drive to take as pleased), complete with a fitting room (the bathroom, lol). It was so much fun! One of the sisters acted the part of a sales assistant (she was hilarious). 

Well, when I left bagged down (a brother took both of my bags in his car) and as I still tried to walk down the stairs (only about 4 outside steps), all of a sudden a very young brother who couldn't have been no more than 10 if that much, offered me his arm! He was so sweet! I was completely swept away! It was truly an "awww" moment. 

Our young people are truly being taught how to serve. And they're taking that training to heart.

The the Australasia branch is 'your' Bethel. Doing remote volunteer jobs ins also fine. A lot of important jobs happen in private homes. Have you ever asked to join the AV crew at your RC?

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

We are also experiencing big reshuffles in our congregations, with some halls being sold off. It was such a shock to hear at first that we'll be moving from the Kingdom Hall at the assembly hall to share the next congregation's hall. In fact, I was a bit surprised of my own reaction, but I knew  this must be for a good reason obviously. The program this month was just so timely in explaining it and I have increased my confidence that our brothers are really under the control of Jesus, who knows what's best.

I was surprised that they didn't mention anything about the memorial  attendance.  Where are they going to put all these new people if the  Kingdom Hall is going to be so small. Maybe it is so close to the end that we  don't need a big hall. There could be only a few  memorials left . 

I was thinking along the same lines. It seems to be a reversal of our long-standing modus operandi, that the organization is growing rapidly with an average of 5,000 newly baptized Witnesses each week, and we need more Kingdom Halls in order to accommodate them. Large congregations were viewed somewhat as a liability in the past, because of the strain it put on the elders to care for all the sheep and the possibility of getting lost or overlooked in the crowd.

Our Kingdom Hall has four congregations using it, which is the norm in this area, and we have about 165 publishers with larger attendances on Sunday. Sometimes it makes it hard to get called on for a comment during the Watchtower study and we only have enough parking for about 120 publishers. It also requires more homes to meet in for field service or else the service groups become too large, and the Kingdom Hall is already being used on Saturdays by two of the other congregations for their meetings for service.

Large congregations have their own particular problems, logistical and otherwise, to deal with, as I think will become more apparent to those who attend one as time goes on.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley