JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Common Ingredient in Food Completely Ruins It for You?

14 hours ago, Thesauron said:

What common ingredient in food completely ruins it for you?

Food itself. ..

Nasty, pasty, icky disease ridden filth. :toothbrush:

Takes all day preparing,  10 minutes to slowly pick through it, then,  agonizing hours of clean up for the next, um....meal?:o

WHERE is my food pill already, hmmm?:wacko:

Hasn't it been long enough? ..imagine,  all the food you need for a week and you can carry it in your pocket ---:ecstatic:

C'mooon, man......get with it already,  you get this one right and peace and security will be a snap...:ph34r:

Pellet shaped protein and dehydrated H2o, all in a handy belt sized package ---but wait,  there's more! !.:superman:

Nah, not really. ..it's late,  going to bed pretty soon. ..:snoring:

14 hours ago, Thesauron said:

What common ingredient in food completely ruins it for you?

Edited by tekmantwo

Erased second post, didn't need to say it twice. .

I'm hooked on wasabi...I used to love sushi by itself, but now sushi is boring without it. 

But isn't wasabi a bit like eating toothpaste, though?

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

There are many ingredients referred to as curry. The one I definitely don't like is the one that makes the food taste and smell like burnt sneakers. 
Parsnips - smell like puppy's breath to me. Can't get past that. 
Anchovy along with caviar

Tongue: by me its praises go unsung
it should have stayed where it came from
Because:
I hate to lick a food that licks me back. :sick:

Technically, I guess curry isn't an ingredient, but a type of dish. Sometimes the complex spice mix is called curry powder or paste, if I'm correctly informed.

I'm all for using every part of the slaughtered animal, but, yeah, tongue is a bit of a hard sell when it comes to me.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

No, you really should try it.

I've tried it with just about every sushi I've ever ordered. I also get the idea - toothpaste-like substance to clean your palate between fish varieties. But it comes across as the peperone you get with just about every Turkish dish (kebab, for instance) that you order. If your pizza chef is Turkish, you will get it with your pizza as well.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Can't do egg.  From a bad experience as a child being forced to eat coddled egg...  But I can eat egg as an ingredient, like on crumbed meats, in cakes etc.

Can't do snails either.  Though I've eaten a large sea snail in Japan as part of the Kaiseki meal one has at Ryokans.

I agree. What's with the French thinking snails are fine dining? I mean, c'mon...

Can you stand an omelette or scrambled eggs? Eggos? 🤣

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”