JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Yes, I just got another update. Now you can search notes and tags and  there are bug fixes. As soon as it downloaded I opened up the app to see of some if  the bugs I had told everyone about were fixed and some were. Others were just less "buggy (and annoying'). So glad to get this update! My tablet needed it, before this update the App seemed to have a mind of it's own!

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I haven't had an update for my iPad since the 8th

The iPad release isn't as buggy. But it is, however, missing a search feature, at the moment.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 28/05/2017 at 4:27 PM, Thesauron said:

The iPad release isn't as buggy. But it is, however, missing a search feature, at the moment.

Johan

Version 9.1 is now available for iOS. :)

IMG_3174.thumb.PNG.551558cc9bf1cf9e1b514584e30aa0e3.PNG

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I just noticed that my android JWL now has a play button in the Meetings section, I don't remember seeing that before, is it new?

I also think I found a bug. 

We are using the "Jesus-The Way,The Truth,The Life" for Family Worship and we decided to listen to the Bible account before reading the publication book chapter. In the Windows version of the JWL, when I click on the Bible account link, it shows all of the cited verses in the study pane and when I click the Play button, it starts to read the publication and not the Bible. Ok, I can understand that, so when I click the link on the study pane header it goes to the Bible and highlights just the cited verses and grays out the rest, however when I try to stream it, it starts reading from the beginning of the chapter and does not start at the highlighted verse. 

So then I try the same thing on my android however when I click the play button in the study pane, the app closes instead of reading the publication or the Bible verses..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Mine is still "flashing" anywhere between one and three times whenever I go to another page. Can only make one note at the most on the meeting schedule if I open the schedule from the Life and Ministry tab. If I open the schedule and click the icon and go to the schedule from there, I can make all the notes I want! Definitely still some bugs but you gotta take the bugs with the good!

I have another question for all your Android Geeks and Genius's out there:  I went into my file manager on my Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab (I downloaded an app called "my Files") and tried to find out where the publications I download to the app are actually stored.  I went into every single file in my Internal Memory and my SD card.  While i found the files where all the video's and music is stored on my SD Card, I couldn't find a file that had all the publications in it.  The reason I am looking is because I noticed that now the JW LIB app is taking up 29 GB of my 32 GB internal memory!  I moved the app and all it's data to my SD card (just takes a little longer to start up) but I would prefer to only have the publications on my SD card and have the app in my Internal Memory.  Is that possible?  When I go to change where JW Lib is stored, it moves both the app and the publications with it, it won't seperate the two.

I can't find the files for the app and publications now I've moved it to the SD Card now either.  Video's and music still there under the JWlibrary mobile files but nothing else.  I'm guessing it's not possible to seperate the data from the app?  Is that right?

Edited by shali

What tablet do you have?  Is there any setting that would prevent publications from going to my SD card?  Could it be that since I started downloading publications before I had the SD card that it automatically routes them to my internal memory in the app instead of the SD card even though I have it checked?  I hate to go through the trouble of uninstalling the app and redownloading all the publications but I will if I have to.  I have a file in my SD card jwmobile file called "publications" but nothing is in there and I have no idea why.

Why do music and video go to the SD card but not the publications???!!

Edited by shali

3 minutes ago, shali said:

By the way Musky, did you actually check your "publications" file in the Jwlibrary mobile file to see if anything was in there?

Files of the app are in "System/data/data/org.jw.jwlibrary.mobile/app_publications".
Unless you are rooted, you cannot access this folder.

My tablet is a little older and uses android 5 (something) I found out that everything saves to my SD card when I removed the card and the program still ran fine but promted me to download anything I tapped on, including publications and the various Bibles I had previously downloaded.

I have a feeling I will need to unmount my SD card, remove it, uninstall the JW Lib. app and then redownload all the publications to see if it routes them to my SD card files.  They wouldn't have a "publications" file in the SD card if they weren't supposed to go there I would think.

Sounds like the publications go into the internal memory then from that file name.  
How big is the JWLib app on your tablet right now Musky?

I'm not home to check, I will later and let you know.

Thanks. Could you also check the "Publications" file in the jwlibrary file in your SD card and let me know if there is anything in there?  I just want complete confirmation before I go through all the trouble of reinstalling this app. (THANKS!!!)

4 minutes ago, And_Ray said:

Anyone managed to merge two different backups from the JW Library ?

I'll be happy to know if someone is working toward it...

...that would be a game changer...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I just unmounted my SD card and opened up JW Library, all the pubs are definitely in the app in my internal memory.  When I tried to play any video's or music, I would get nothing.  So none of the publications are going to my SD card at all even though I have "send Media to SD card" checked and have had it checked since the option became available.