JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

By special I meant other images or audios not present in the program. We don't show the "read" scriptures - Is there any instruction regarding that? we only started showing the images after a letter stating that...

Maybe it would be possible some day to do something like what is done in our Broadcasts. I'd also like the opportunity to have a choice between the annual text and the daily text to show when nothing else is showing.

Don't forget to report bugs and suggestions to

https://www.formstack.com/forms/watchtower-jw_library

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

34 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Yes, from the Watchtower, or any publication in JW Library.

Johan

Now that is interesting, I had assumed the Media was only for the meeting parts. I checked a 2017 WT and the Imitate book and I can view the images (using the JWL for Windows). That is cool!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just sent the suggestions to allow Bible texts to be displayed and to provide the "Teaching Box" (You know, the review questions at the top of the WT lesson) as an image for display.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Now that is interesting, I had assumed the Media was only for the meeting parts. I checked a 2017 WT and the Imitate book and I can view the images (using the JWL for Windows). That is cool!

Yes, every article with media gets a media button, and you can click the images to make them full screen, and also zoom in on details using your fingers. You'll find that feature useful when, for example, the workbook articles have infographics with a lot of small details. Just zoom.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Yes, every article with media gets a media button, and you can click the images to make them full screen, and also zoom in on details using your fingers. You'll find that feature useful when, for example, the workbook articles have infographics with a lot of small details. Just zoom.

Johan

I noticed the WT and Awake images are available to be view back through 2013.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Qapla said:

Don't know if you call it "special", but we like to display all the [READ] scriptures - JWL still does not have this feature.

I used to suggest to brothers that they could do this since some elders (not wt conductor) liked it. Since there wasn't unanimous consent of brothers I stopped doing it. I could do it if asked ahead of  time. 

I have approval for the digging for gems 2 questions, Kingdom Rules teach box and wt question box. That's all. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

In addition to the images supplied by the app, our BOE approved ALL [READ] scriptures, WT teaching box and any images or scriptures requested by the one giving the part/talk

Does anyone know where the background image for the JW library app is located on a PC running Windows 10

Greetings! I have an Android tablet and have a wonderful time using the note feature in JW Library. I'm unable to delete tags. I will accidently add an extra tag that I don't want usually by pressing enter. I try backspacing, nothing. If I select the tag it doesn't give a delete option. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help!

3 hours ago, georider said:

Greetings! I have an Android tablet and have a wonderful time using the note feature in JW Library. I'm unable to delete tags. I will accidently add an extra tag that I don't want usually by pressing enter. I try backspacing, nothing. If I select the tag it doesn't give a delete option. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help!

Here's how to delete unwanted tags: 1) In Personal Study, tap on the unwanted tag and it will open all the notes with that unwanted tag. 2) On the upper right hand of the screen you will see the Tag icon with a slash through it. Tap on it and that will delete the tag from the history. 

:)

On ‎21‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 10:18 AM, jayrtom said:

My personal opinion is to not exagerate on the things shown on the screen... otherwise the next request will be to project all the paragraphs of the Wt :)

...with underlined answers :D

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

Does anyone know where the background image for the second screen - the one with the year text and the jw logo - on the JW library app is located on a PC running Windows 10

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Does anyone know where the background image for the second screen - the one with the year text and the jw logo - on the JW library app is located on a PC running Windows 10

When you connect your computer to a second screen- it's automatically connected. Hold the Windows button and "P" together to show display options. You'll find that extend mode (the one we use) or duplicate mode works for it. 

So connect your computer to a screen and it'll pop up. 

We do not have a problem connecting to the second screen. It is there with the text background screen visible when we are using JWLibrary. 

I want to locate the actual image.

We would like to have the same background available for when we use SoundBox.

Hmmm..... I'm a little confused.

There is no actual image. It is set-up automatically so that the second screen already displays the JW Logo and Yeartext when nothing else is displayed. When you click on a video or photo, the Yeartext and JW logo disappears and displays whatever video or picture you have selected. When done, it automatically goes back to the Yeartext.

The only way I can think of is by taking a screenshot of it though I don't know how that's possible. It's difficult to juggle between two different apps for the system.

Attached is my Autohotkey script to switch between Soundbox and JW Library.  I compile the script and pin the file to the taskbar.  You will need to change the x, y click co-ordinates to match your setup.  This is only for those who know what to do with it, and may find it helpful.  I  do not intend to provide tech support for it.   Maybe if ask nicely in a  PM :) .

JW Library Launcher - Copy.ahk

11 hours ago, Musky said:

I'd like to see a "night mode", I use it wherever I can it's easier on my eyes.

Did you try the "invert colors" option in the accecibility menu on settings?

If you have your device rooted you can also use a simple switcher that works anywhere in the device: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gralax.quickinv

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

Attached is my Autohotkey script to switch between Soundbox and JW Library.  I compile the script and pin the file to the taskbar.  You will need to change the x, y click co-ordinates to match your setup.  This is only for those who know what to do with it, and may find it helpful.  I  do not intend to provide tech support for it.   Maybe if ask nicely in a  PM :) .

JW Library Launcher - Copy.ahk

Thanks Jonathan. I'll try to see if I can figure it out ;)

We share our KH with another Congregation and they prefer to use Soundbox. Our brothers on Sound have very little knowledge of PCs and therefore go to know Soundbox and how to operate it over time.

Now we switched over to JW Lib app since the beginning of the year and the brothers, although a bit apprehensive at first, took well to the change.

Now we have some infirm Brs and Srs in the Cong again, so we need to record the meetings again. Soundbox has nice features for this, but the issue is that wehn we open Soundbox it "Grabs" the 2nd screen display and Mic once you recorded. When you want to use the App again for Playing a Song Video or display Images, you have to Close and open the Apps first. If it is just the second screen you need, then you can simply toggle the Second screen display switch in settings.

Not sure if Soundbox "grabs" the display and mic or JW Library simply gives it away to the other software. 

We need to find another way of recording the meeting (thinking of simply using the Windows built in voice recorder), but this will be futile if it also just grabs the sound.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

3 hours ago, Jako said:

We share our KH with another Congregation and they prefer to use Soundbox. Our brothers on Sound have very little knowledge of PCs and therefore go to know Soundbox and how to operate it over time.

Now we switched over to JW Lib app since the beginning of the year and the brothers, although a bit apprehensive at first, took well to the change.

Now we have some infirm Brs and Srs in the Cong again, so we need to record the meetings again. Soundbox has nice features for this, but the issue is that wehn we open Soundbox it "Grabs" the 2nd screen display and Mic once you recorded. When you want to use the App again for Playing a Song Video or display Images, you have to Close and open the Apps first. If it is just the second screen you need, then you can simply toggle the Second screen display switch in settings.

Not sure if Soundbox "grabs" the display and mic or JW Library simply gives it away to the other software. 

We need to find another way of recording the meeting (thinking of simply using the Windows built in voice recorder), but this will be futile if it also just grabs the sound.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Have you tried setting the target display to none?

SoundboxMediaTargetDisplay.JPG.4520d4696841bdeac4e0abc8c1aa7128.JPG

I don't think there is an image for the yeartext.  It is just generated from text within the app.

Yes, indeed. It generates the text depending on the language of your selected system.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

17 hours ago, Musky said:

I'd like to see a "night mode", I use it wherever I can it's easier on my eyes.

Hi Musky! I use a Samsung Grand Prime from MetroPCS as my phone now..I can get nite mode anytime by accessing my physical home button and pushing quickly 3 times. Here are the settings...

Screenshot_2017-07-26-10-23-22-1.png

Screenshot_2017-07-26-10-23-07-1.png

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif