JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Update to Study Bible showing on IPad/iPhone.

Study Notes for Hebrews now available!

YAY! 👌👌👍👍

Hebrews study Bible .jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, ChrisC said:

Update to Study Bible showing on IPad/iPhone.

Study Notes for Hebrews now available!

Yeah!!!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

25 minutes ago, Romain said:

Yes, that's awesome!

Only chapters 1 to 7 are available for now though 

Awesome indeed, and the study notes are extensive. Wow.

Usually the entire book is updated with study notes, if I am not mistaken?

However, the Media Gallery looks complete, as it also covers chapters 9 and 13

Perhaps we are getting everything so far researched.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Each new book with comments in the study Bible is actually a new publication. 

Especially the longer books, like Gospels, Acts, Hebrews. 

So today was released the "book" Commentary on the Hebrews. 🙂

There was even a separate book published once by organization,

"Commentary on the letter of James" (published 1979)

Study Bible is a gigantic job. If I remember correctly, Brother Cook said, this is the largest publishing project undertaken by the organization.

We can be truly happy and grateful to Jehovah and the Governing Body, especially they released results so far now, and other comments, media will be added for sure!

And this is printed version of the Commentary I mentioned 🙂

IMG_20240411_193922.jpg

On 2/16/2024 at 11:53 AM, ChrisC said:

Update available that hopefully fixes some of the issues we have been having. (iPad/iPhone)

😀

IMG_0040.thumb.jpeg.fd40eda34cd4c784df049a67fd00c51c.jpeg

I REALLY look forward to Sync feature so all my devices can be on the same page without using third party options. (ie. Telegram)

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

1 hour ago, Mike047 said:

Great to have the new update to the letter to the Hebrews. Remember going through the Commentary on the Letter of James, it was a very interesting study. Would love to go through it again, with latest updates.

The book "Commentary on James" has been removed from our publications.  It is not available in any library (on disk or online or in app).  It is associated with past problems and is no longer available unless you personally have an old copy.

j1.JPG

j2.JPG

j3.JPG

j4.JPG

2 minutes ago, jwhess said:

The book "Commentary on James" has been removed from our publications.  It is not available in any library (on disk or online or in app).  It is associated with past problems and is no longer available unless you personally have an old copy.

Hmmm... I could speculate that we will receive a new publication about James. Since James may be the next book of the Bible to receive Study Notes, perhaps they will include information from the new publication, if there is one..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

It is associated with past problems and is no longer available unless you personally have an old copy

Thanks br John. That's interesting detail.

We didn't receive this book in our, polish language (I have the book in print version too). But we received a series of Watchtower articles in the late 80s. Articles alluded to the book, but maybe some comments from the "James" book were left out... ?

From the other hand, we have the polish version of book Is the Bible Really the Word of God? available in Online Library, but the book is not available in english.

11 hours ago, Pallen said:

I REALLY look forward to Sync feature so all my devices can be on the same page without using third party options. (ie. Telegram)

There are a lot of publishers been asking for the sync feature, I myself also been sending feedback on behalf of our brothers and sisters to the branch. However, there are a few things that the MEPS Programming department will need to consider:

1. User Authentication. Many people may not be aware that in order for the sync feature to become available in the app, the department will need to implement a secure user authentication system to ensure that only authorized users can access and sync their notes. So, all users will be required to have a user account for the sync feature to work. Although it's more likely that they will use the existing jw.org user account by integrating the feature into it for user syncing.
  2. Data Security and Privacy. Additionally, to ensure that user data, such as notes and highlights, is safe, it must be encrypted both during transit and at rest to protect against unauthorized access. The organization will also need to comply with relevant data protection regulations, which they have already done when they revised the privacy policy of our websites and apps.
  3. Server Capacity. They also need to consider the load of data going through the servers. In 2017, there were about 15 million devices installed for just one of our apps, and it may have increased tremendously since the pandemic. Once the sync feature is available, they need to ensure that the servers can handle this huge amount of data without putting excessive load because users will be syncing 24/7, resulting in a lot of data going through them all the time.

Other things to consider:

1. Solving Conflicts. Similar to what we already have with Backup and Restore, the sync feature will need to handle conflicts that may arise when syncing data from multiple devices. It will need to develop strategies for resolving conflicts, such as prioritizing changes made on the most recent device or providing users with options to choose which version to keep.
  2. Cross-Platform Compatibility: Ensuring that the sync feature works seamlessly across different platforms such as iOS, Android, and Windows on all kinds of mobile devices and computers and using standardized protocols and APIs for interoperability.
  3. Offline Syncing: Implementing offline syncing capabilities so users can modify their data even when they are not connected to the internet. Queue the changes made while offline and sync them once there is an internet connection.

There are many more things to consider, but one progress we can see now is the privacy policy. Of course, they have to update the privacy policy because the organization is already handling personal data of Witnesses such as applications, tours, donations, etc. But this policy is also crucial for syncing because it also handles your personal data in the app. Of course, we cannot rule out the possibility of a sync feature, but we may need to wait a little longer for it to be implemented. To learn more about how the MEPS Programming department develops features for one of our apps, please watch this video.

Edited by gusdn1

"For love is as strong as death is." - Song of Solomon 8:6

JWPUBS

APRIL 11, 2024
WHAT’S NEW

First Half of the Book of Hebrews (Study Edition) Now Available Online

The first half of the Bible book of Hebrews (chapters 1-7) is now available in the study edition of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures on jw.org and in JW Library. This release includes over 200 new study notes along with some new media gallery items. The second half of Hebrews (chapters 8-13) will be published at a later date.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=500800107&srcid=share

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."