JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

1 hour ago, Donna said:

I can't add to a playlist the Bible audio files or any publication audio file. I think it's possible to add to a playlist only what is in the Audio and Video tabs.

You can create an audio playlist and organize it the way you want, but for that you will need to download it from the jw.org website.

Access the chapter of the Bible you want to hear, and the player on the site will have the download option. Do this for publications as well, and then you can include the audio files directly in JW Library, under the "+ Import file" option in the playlist.

57 minutes ago, WestBro said:

You can create an audio playlist and organize it the way you want, but for that you will need to download it from the jw.org website.

Access the chapter of the Bible you want to hear, and the player on the site will have the download option. Do this for publications as well, and then you can include the audio files directly in JW Library, under the "+ Import file" option in the playlist.

Thanks.

I've tried and I can only choose pictures 

Oh, I could find a way to import the audio files of publications, but it's complicated and it takes a lot of space in my device. 

These audio files of the publications are already downloaded in the JWL app, but as you mentioned , I have to download them again from the website (I've to copy the file(s) into the Music folder. I can't import it from the Download folder) and finally import them to the playlist. Too much storage.

Well, at least I know there's a way.

Thanks 🙏

Edited by Donna

5 hours ago, bigvince said:

Sister Donna, I'm not sure I understand.

No i meant my personal study notes. However i found out that if i touch the heading notes and tags my personal study notes were displayed.  So sorry for confusion. 

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Hi. I’m having issues trying to upgrade from JW Library 13.3 to 14.0. I encounter this error, wether I do it offline or online. Does anyone know a fix?

BA3859A2-2845-472F-8330-7D1FA515AFB6.jpeg

What device and what operating system are you using?

Does any of these notifications involve your device?

Some Android users were able to update earlier with JW Library 13 but cannot update to 14 because they do not have Android 7 or newer.  That just happened this last update.

JW Library is compatible with devices that run one of the following operating systems:

• Android 7.0 or later

• iOS 15.0 or later

• macOS with M1 or newer chip

• Windows 10 Version 1903 or later

18 hours ago, Tony said:

Hi. I’m having issues trying to upgrade from JW Library 13.3 to 14.0. I encounter this error, wether I do it offline or online. Does anyone know a fix?

It appears you are manually installing the app from here:
https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/windows/manually-install-windows/

Have you first tried updating it via the Windows app store?
https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrfj3b4
(Click on the 'Get in Store app' button)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jwhess said:

JW Library updated a couple of days ago to version 14.1.31 on my Windows PC to allow correct video playback from our new brochure.

And my JW Library works again as well! 

YEAH!

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

• 3 weeks later...

Question regarding JW Library reading the Bible to the user.

A Bible student has a mid-level Android tablet with internet via WiFi. JW Library is updated, but will not read the Bible. The controls for reading are missing (no headphone symbol on the toolbar, no 'play' button when a verse is tapped). Any thoughts on what is missing?

The image shows the controls I am referring to. These are on MY tablet, which works fine. But they are missing on his tablet. Could it be a setting (either in Android or in the library)? Something we didn't download?

JWL_ReadBible.JPG

7 hours ago, Romain said:

There was an update on the Study Bible but I don't know what is new

I really would like a sort of "changelog" when publications get updated 

I think one thing that may have changed is the audio version of Philippians 2:6. The wording was revised last year, but the audio didn't match; now it does. I too would appreciate a changelog!

Just stop it.Romans 12:2

21 minutes ago, TJ said:

I think one thing that may have changed is the audio version of Philippians 2:6. The wording was revised last year, but the audio didn't match; now it does. I too would appreciate a changelog!

They also added "An Introduction to the Bible—Video" immediately after the Title Page.

Just stop it.Romans 12:2