JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

On 1/14/2023 at 1:04 AM, Qapla said:

also had a second "Accept" that just pops right up

Interestingly unless you Accept the second part of the agreement,  you can't  sign into your jw.org account when using the website.  It comes up with an error code. So I had to do that manually afterwards.  

Hebrews 10:25 …. encouraging one another...even more as you see the day drawing near.

On 12/31/2022 at 12:38 AM, Donna said:

Or delete all data of the app? This must delete all you have downloaded.

I'd had problems with the last version with the Bible opening scripture.  Often the scripture was read before mine opened to the cited text. I sent  an email and the reply I received was "get it sorted locally " or something  similar.  So I removed jw library from the phone,  rebooted it and then downloaded the app once again. I was surprised to find a lot of my Bible notations were still in tact. I had no more trouble since then. The phone is much quicker in doing everything since this new update and I've no problems 

Hebrews 10:25 …. encouraging one another...even more as you see the day drawing near.

On 1/13/2023 at 4:45 PM, Jf800 said:

Android version updated to 13.4
- The Terms of Use and Privacy Policy have been updated.

Yes and it is very clear regarding the use of using jw pictures and their stuff on the Internet.  I spent yesterday afternoon purging my IG account and my web blog. Hopefully  I am now in harmony with what I have agreed with. 

On 1/14/2023 at 1:34 PM, SUNRAY said:

I uninstalled the app and re-installed it. Nothing changed. I guess it just doesn't like this phone.. 😣I uninstalled again and decided to use WOL instead. No problem..I still have my tablet. Thanks for trying to help me!:D

Must be an incompatibility with some devices.. on a sister's phone where I tried to update, it had the same problem and there was noway around it... :( 

Maybe a new update will correct it

31 minutes ago, 1gemstone said:

Unfortunately, due to the constant updates to technology, and depending on the age of the devices,  you may need to buy the latest device I.e. phone, tablet and PC. That the one and only way “they” keep you spending your money (in perpetuity) lol.

The upside of the technology improvement is...you don't have to learn Morse Code to get the GB updates...🙂

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Does anyone know of a way to download the online jw library and have it all available offline?

I have downloaded all of the jwlib app content and have that on a portable drive but would like to have the online version on a portable drive also.

- .... .- -. -.- ...

The WTLib has all of the same information in a stand-alone program.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

The WTLib has all of the same information in a stand-alone program.

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I mean is downloading the contents of the drop down menu when you click on []Library on the home page.  Includes videos, music, audio dramas, magazines and online library.  I think what I'm looking for is a website clone. 

You could just download all of the contents, but the website is coded to contain all of the cross links also.

Wonder what the legality of doing such a thing is?  Hummm Guess I'd better do some more research.

• 2 weeks later...

I have problem with Notifications at Android 13.

When I playing something in JW library android, there should be notification whats playing, and some controls. But on my Android 13 device it isnt there, in app settings permissions, there is not Notification allowance.

Have you using jwl in android 13 and how it is behave?

I like the fact that only 2 chronicles (in English) is the last audio that needs to be done to complete whole study Bible in updated audio. 

I think I see a very nice jw news update soon about it. 

Edited by AH173

Correction

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

11 hours ago, AH173 said:

I think I see a very nice jw news update soon about it. 

It's not jw news but new workbook makes reference to the audio Bible 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/jw-meeting-workbook/may-june-2023-mwb/Life-and-Ministry-Meeting-Schedule-for-June-19-25-2023/Are-You-Making-Good-Use-of-the-Audio-Bible/

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I have downloaded the video updates on several devices using different operating systems.  All of my devices showed 74 videos to start.  Some updated and had 79 and then I had to go back and add 2 more.  Some uploaded to 80 and I had to go back and add 1 more.  Some just went ahead and loaded all 81 in one batch.  Strange but in the end we end up with 81 videos in the Bible (so far).