JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Here is what mine shows - and has since before my post about it

image.png.04a19b2f0b34fe63697cde4f37e23672.png

Spoiler

Yes

This is what it showed after I d/l it

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I got one of my 3 Windows units to let me click on the "zero bytes" label for the convention (Day 1) downloads and it went ahead and downloaded them without giving me an error this time.  the other two still refuse.

My two apple devices worked OK and my Android phone  finally downloaded the releases as well.  Windows 10 was the one that had the most problem.

6 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Here is what mine shows - and has since before my post about it

image.png.04a19b2f0b34fe63697cde4f37e23672.png

Reveal hidden contents

Yes

This is what it showed after I d/l it

One of my Windows 10 computers showed the same information but the files were not stored in the jw library folders.  So I deleted them in the "Publications" tab and downloaded them again.  this time they were stored correctly and they work.  Just one more to go.

Now everyone is feeling my pain!  I finally found an older version of JWLibrary and downloaded it.  I still can't stream anything under the "What's New" heading on the home page but at least I can download now without the app crashing.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Yes, the d/l are available on JWL - but no longer under "Releases". A person who is looking for the release may not find it if they don't already know the title.

Just that, in the past IIRC, the releases stayed in the "Releases" tab until well after the Convention

When I brought up JWL on my phone, the "Releases" tab briefly appeared then vanished. That is what made me notice it and I checked on my PC and, sure enough, no "Releases" tab - that's all.

Didn't mean to cause any panic or sound any alarm - was just wondering if others had noticed the disappearing tab :shrugs: 

5 hours ago, Qapla said:

Yes, the d/l are available on JWL - but no longer under "Releases". A person who is looking for the release may not find it if they don't already know the title.

Just that, in the past IIRC, the releases stayed in the "Releases" tab until well after the Convention

When I brought up JWL on my phone, the "Releases" tab briefly appeared then vanished. That is what made me notice it and I checked on my PC and, sure enough, no "Releases" tab - that's all.

Didn't mean to cause any panic or sound any alarm - was just wondering if others had noticed the disappearing tab :shrugs: 

If I remember correctly, the Convention Release tab also disappeared after the 2021 RC Friday Morning session with the Dramatic Bible Reading ended last year. It seems this is the GB's new direction with the virtual convention.

Whenever we get back to in-person conventions, it may go back to previous behaviours.

25 minutes ago, Jf800 said:

Update Android versión. Now 13.2

Footnotes and endnotes display at the end of articles, in addition to the study pane.
Trackpad support for Android devices is improved.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9S mediante Tapatalk

Also on iOS/iPadOS. I am so glad about the improved trackpad support! There is an inconsistency between trackpad and Pencil support in a few apps I use, but JW Library was top of my ‘wish list’.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

21 hours ago, leoperales said:

I just got a keyboard/trackpad for my iPad. Any tips on how to use the trackpad better w/JW Library? I haven’t been able to highlight using the trackpad, can only use to scroll up and down the current article.

My trackpad is set to respond to touch/double-touch, instead of click/double-click. Some apps still insist on the click, or even actually touching the screen with a finger.

iirc, I couldn’t make the little menu pop up for a verse (and have the verse selected) without actually clicking/using the Pencil/touching the screen.

Generally, Apple apps respond as expected but others can be inconsistent.

For example, Apple Maps will scroll just by sliding a finger on the Trackpad, but Google Earth requires the trackpad be pressed down.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

With a filename of    JWLibrary_13.1.58.0_Test    is this possibly a beta version of an installer?

Without the above link - I'm not sure I would have located (or stumbled upon) this file to d/l it.

Edited by Qapla

Actually the android version is available for download from this page available under FAQ:

https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/android/manually-install-jw-library-android/

The link in the previous post is not publicly visible from any page on jw.org (at least not that I can find).  It required a bit of pruning in the url in order to work.  

The windows and android versions are the same and match what is in the stores.  Files might be placed there from time to time as a test or beta.  I would however avoid using an orphaned link (one that is not publicized).  Why?

1. It requires that you enable developer mode on your device which if you dont know what you are doing, or you enjoy clicking on every link ever shown, leaves your system more vulnerable to malware
  2. beta / test versions may or my not have every feature enabled and may have bugs that could corrupt data.  Test versions are many times released to do what it's name implies: test.  It may exercise a feature that corrupts all your bookmarks and notes.
  3. You are not likely to get any support if you are using a non production version
  4. When the new version is ready for widespread use, it will be published in the store.