JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I used to really like AMI-DuOS from the American Megatrends Inc company.  They are responsible for many BIOS ROM chips running the PC computers.  I found it more usable and reliable than Bluestacks.

However, AMI quit upgrading the software after Androis 5.1 (Lollipop).  It still works on Windows 10 but does not have newer Android features.  It is free.

• 2 weeks later...

MY JWL kept showing that the Meeting Workbook for Sept-Oct has an update - but it will not update.

I tried several times in the last couple days and still no success - just kept showing the update arrows and it appeared in the pending update tab.

I finally tried deleting it and re-downloading it ... it won't download :( 

Hopefully it will get fixed before September gets here

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

5 minutes ago, Qapla said:

MY JWL kept showing that the Meeting Workbook for Sept-Oct has an update - but it will not update.

I tried several times in the last couple days and still no success - just kept showing the update arrows and it appeared in the pending update tab.

I finally tried deleting it and re-downloading it ... it won't download :( 

Hopefully it will get fixed before September gets here

I was having the same problem with the Research Guide on all of my devices, but yesterday it updated on all of the devices without a problem.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I also had an update for the same workbook and the one before that....I just updated successfully. Maybe force shut the app and retry?

This is the app on my PC - don't have to force stop it. Have same result even after a reboot

Just tried it again. It allowed me to d/l it so at least I have it back ... still shows update needed but won't update

My Android phone shows the same thing - needs update but does not update

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

6 minutes ago, Qapla said:

My Android phone shows the same thing - needs update but does not update

That confirms that it isn't your device or app. The problem must be on their end..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

By the way, off the topic but I think I can connect it ..

I used a Brave browser on my phone when I noticed that it has a features where it can make another window open (like, 2 or 3 or many more Brave browser open, but its just only a 1 app browser installed)

Screenshot_20221027-212120.thumb.jpg.9463379aa02cbd0109aba276565e87c9.jpg

There's also an option on the settings of the browser where I can manage the windows ..

Screenshot_20221027-211252.thumb.jpg.fed0bb3baea6a63e145f8aafbe511358.jpg

To connect it to the topic, if this is possible to an app like this, is it possible to have a feature like this on JW Library app?

(hmmm, but it's a 'browser' app, not a library app) 😆😅

One thing I have noticed on doing the AV at the KH last night, when you now click on a picture in an article, you cannot minimise the picture in the JWL app and where you can look at the article text whilst the picture is still showing on the stage monitors, but have the picture in the app at the bottom of the screen.

Beforehand, when you click on the picture within the app, you used to have a arrow down in the top left corner to minimise the picture in the app (circled in red below), however that it now gone.

image.png.ab0b92bacaf9f267d062e3c1db4603ea.png

However, you can still minimise the video in the app and still go back to the text. :shrugs:

image.png.dba704b30bd6c5de0ce7dae5854ec755.png

image.png.8fa5d2a06f698a1452d216471f01236e.png

I find this a bit annoying as you cannot show go back to the article to read the text whilst you can still display the picture on the second screen at the same time.

Edited by Pabo

1 hour ago, Pabo said:

Beforehand, when you click on the picture within the app, you used to have a arrow down in the top left corner to minimise the picture in the app (circled in red below), however that it now gone.

Now you can listen to the audio and click on the images without the audio stopping.

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons