JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

8 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

The idea of Satan not being real is a silly one and “sneakily” undermines the whole Bible.

Example: The book of Revelation describes Satan as being realeased at the end of 1000 years for a “while” with the purpose of MISLEADING nations  (it can’t be evil within ourselves than) 

Mankind will be perfect and the one misleading nations must be then “outside” influence.

They are just another counterfeit religion of BTG, no matter how close they resemble our beliefs 

I bet you planned to put this in a different thread. :D

See what happens when you go away for a few days? You forget how to post...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

See what happens when you go away for a few days? You forget how to post...:lol1:

LOL ....:cry:

......the misleading begins now LOL :whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

28 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

LOL ....:cry:

......the misleading begins now LOL :whistling:

Nice picture too....>:D<

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 hours ago, outwalkin said:

I wonder if 'notes' will carry over? 

I think they will. Right now, if you add a note to a scripture it appear in all Bibles, including those in different languages. It shouldn't be different with the Study Edition.

The same happens with any publication. I used the Regional Convention program to add brief notes during my convention in Romanian. Later, when I attended the convention again in Spanish, I selected the Spanish program and the notes were there. Or if I add a note when I prepare my Watchtower Study in Romanian, and then attend a meeting in Spanish, the note appears there too.

It would be really nice if there were an option for the note to be translated into the language you have open :thumbsup:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, carlos said:

I think they will. Right now, if you add a note to a scripture it appear in all Bibles, including those in different languages. It shouldn't be different with the Study Edition.

The same happens with any publication. I used the Regional Convention program to add brief notes during my convention in Romanian. Later, when I attended the convention again in Spanish, I selected the Spanish program and the notes were there. Or if I add a note when I prepare my Watchtower Study in Romanian, and then attend a meeting in Spanish, the note appears there too.

Ah! Had no idea. That’s cool. Just confirmed it for the different bibles.

But, not being multilingual, I wouldn’t have caught the notes having multilingual flexibility.

Too bad highlighting can’t sync between various bibles. That’s too big a technical issue and not worth solving.

It’d be nice to have all or most of the highlighting in your study bible, leaving your non-study version “clean” of the marks for when you read to householders in the ministry. Perhaps they can add an option to enable/disable displaying the highlights on a per-bible-version basis.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

9 hours ago, carlos said:

That's great. Hadn't noticed it either. The brothers are working so hard. I wish it would also be possible to merge notes.

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

That's great. Hadn't noticed it either. The brothers are working so hard. I wish it would also be possible to merge notes.

How would such a merging look? What would it do?

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

How would such a merging look? What would it do?

Any day now...

If for example I highlight two different point in a paragraph or scripture and have and combine them just one comment to apply to both. 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

4 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Interesting. Send your suggestion to the developers.

Any day now...

I must say that several of the suggestions I sent were umplemented, One of those was the ability to merge the notes of two devices (not implemented yet)

But it's good to use that link to send suggestions

I really like your suggestion Joao :thumbsup:

One of those(suggestions) was the ability to merge the notes of two devices

I am really hoping that they do implement this because I have many, many notes on both my iPhone and iPad but I can only backup 1. So I am just hoping I don't lose all my notes on 1 of the devices before we can merge the notes from both devices. Maybe if I send some "bribe" money? :ph34r:

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

On 10/23/2017 at 7:48 AM, Tortuga said:

Yep... got mixed up ...

But I :raspberry: like to see a lot of confused faces LOL

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, jayrtom said:

You mean like this?

Capturar.thumb.PNG.64effd2de8a55a3aedd5e7ac817585e9.PNG

This are 2 notes merged. You can one title and one text or 2 titles or any combination...

But, they are still two separate notes, right?

I think I follow what you mean here – you can edit the notes so that they appear as one in the study pane, because one immediately follows the other.

I see this as a clever work around, but it still takes multiple notes that can clutter your Personal Study tab.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

On 10/23/2017 at 11:50 PM, jayrtom said:

You mean like this?

Capturar.thumb.PNG.64effd2de8a55a3aedd5e7ac817585e9.PNG

This are 2 notes merged. You can one title and one text or 2 titles or any combination...

Yes exactly! That's what I mean. How do you merge into one note and apply one comment to both?

18 hours ago, digital_dreamer said:

But, they are still two separate notes, right?

I think I follow what you mean here – you can edit the notes so that they appear as one in the study pane, because one immediately follows the other.

I see this as a clever work around, but it still takes multiple notes that can clutter your Personal Study tab.

I will try this out and see how it works. Thanks.

On 10/24/2017 at 12:02 AM, Beggar for the Spirit said:

I really like your suggestion Joao :thumbsup:

I am really hoping that they do implement this because I have many, many notes on both my iPhone and iPad but I can only backup 1. So I am just hoping I don't lose all my notes on 1 of the devices before we can merge the notes from both devices. Maybe if I send some "bribe" money? :ph34r:

Hoping for such as an update too. I also have multiple note on three different devices!!:confused:

On 10/23/2017 at 11:54 PM, jayrtom said:

I must say that several of the suggestions I sent were umplemented, One of those was the ability to merge the notes of two devices (not implemented yet)

ButYes it will help a great deal!!! We had our midweek meetings today coz of these elections saga on Thurs. Elders felt it best to meet before elections just in case it gets chaotic. Thanks so much. We were just wondering how we would survive during this time with no chums. But Jehovah is faithful and has used you to come to our aid. G says thanks so much for your help, and being there for us always. Prov 11:25, Prov 22:9.  it's good to use that link to send suggestions

Good suggestion. Thanks

Pls help.

In our congregation, there had been some having issue with there jwlibrary app. The app doesn't show any new thing in "WHAT'S NEW" section of the home page.

Secondly, there MWB is still showing September, while some there's shows only October. There app isn't updating there mwb, although they have the current app update - 9.3....

Any suggestion on how I can help them?

Sent from my TECNO DP7CPRO using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, TRUTH04 said:

In our congregation, there had been some having issue with there jwlibrary app. The app doesn't show any new thing in "WHAT'S NEW" section of the home page.

Secondly, there MWB is still showing September, while some there's shows only October. There app isn't updating there mwb, although they have the current app update - 9.3....

A sister in my congregation had exactly that issue last week and it was a problem of full memory. There was no room to download any new publications. We deleted some pictures and videos to free up space and it worked well again.

A sister in my congregation had exactly that issue last week and it was a problem of full memory. There was no room to download any new publications. We deleted some pictures and videos to free up space and it worked well again.
The issue occurred in the phone of 5 brothers. I doubt if that is the case. I ll try snyway

On 11/5/2017 at 10:48 AM, TRUTH04 said:

The issue occurred in the phone of 5 brothers. I doubt if that is the case. I ll try snyway

How unusual.

I know it’s a dumb question, but it has to be asked: Are we certain that each of the affected brothers have a working internet connection and that they have stayed connected for a reasonable about of time? Can you access www.jw.org or tv.jw.org via internet browser on the effected devices? Are they using the same internet provider and modem/router you are using?

Edited by digital_dreamer