JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Help :help:

I updated the JW app on my phone, no problem.

Updated the JW app on my tablet, after the update completes and I start the JW app

then as it is processing the new updates it stops with a message

"Unfortunately, JW Library has stopped"

I have Uninstalled and Installed 3x, same issue.

My Tablet is "Rooted" but that has never a problem.

Any ideas what might be wrong? :help:

Your help is appreciated!

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

That goes for me too for nexus 10. The links work for now. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Just looked at the app to see if the videos have been added (not yet) BUT new publications tabs appeared! Watchtower and Awake! For 2015. No content yet, but the tabs are there in Publications.

I saw that too. Maybe later in the day will be. Only what we need now is possibility to highlight the text and make notes.

It's nice to see equivalent updates for Apple and Android JW library app. Just like the beginning after annual meeting. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I still have both and it still crashes on both,

Maybe you need an internet connection for JW Library to get the latest publication lists.

Yesterday WT and Awake were there and both crashed but today only Awake is there and it doesn't crash anymore as there is content.

Maybe you need an internet connection for JW Library to get the latest publication.

I have an internet connection and I just checked and I don't have the WT but I DO have the Awake and the magazines show up now.

The question I have now is will the magazines be taken off JW Library after a while to save space in my memory. Or is there for me to delete them myself.

Edited by mserskine

Yes but you can download them using the JW Library and store them there but if you move them to your SD card to save space then when you tap on the video in JW Library through video playback fails

No, I bypass JW Library and do what Qapla said earlier in this thread:

• I d/l the videos onto my computer
  • I connect my tablet to the computer
  • I copy the files from the computer to the "external" SD card in my tablet
  • I play the videos from the SD card
  • I do the same thing with the Magazines and KM'

You have to explicitly delete the files yourself to save space.

How do I delete the files that I downloaded in JW Library?

The only way I know is to remove and reinstall JW Library.

Edited by mserskine

On Android, tap the three dots on the right side of the publication's tile.

On iPad, tap Select at the page top, then select the item downloaded, a trashcan icon will appear top left. Tap that and you will be asked to confirm the deletion. The item returns to the status of having the little cloud for downloading in the future.

On iPad, tap Select at the page top, then select the item downloaded, a trashcan icon will appear top left. Tap that and you will be asked to confirm the deletion. The item returns to the status of having the little cloud for downloading in the future.

Thanks.