JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

JW Library has been available on Windows 8.1 from the beginning and has been updated regularly just like the Apple and Android versions. 

It is normally the last one to be updated after Apple and Android, so if you Android users are getting impatience with waiting for this latest update, then spare a thought for us Windows users.

I agree. The windows JW Library is always updated last.

I like using it on my 24" screen on the desktop PC though.

I agree. The windows JW Library is always updated last.

I like using it on my 24" screen on the desktop PC though.

A WINDOWS only benefit!  very nice  .... http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/windows-8-windows-phone-8/

JW Library is compatible with the following devices:

• Windows 8 tablets and PCs

How do you stream it to your TV from your device or desktop?   ...  roku?

Edited by timpin

To broadcast from your device : miracast

I plug my little hdmi dongle on various TV (philips, Sony...) run EZ2cast from my Asus vivotab note 8 "et voilà"

So I can show the broadcast on any TV with HDMI port. You need a USB power supply for the dongle, but on the 3TV screen, I have one. One time, I just plug the USB cable on an other device near from the TV... it's ok too. 

The solution is ok for all OS . I do it from a pc (w8.1) and from an android 4.4 tablet

More info on the official website www.iezvu.com

You can find a dongle on amazon for less than 25€

Last advice: download first the broadcast.... so you're not dependent of the internet connection

Automatic Internal Update   ... http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/19493-gods-kingdom-rules/     (within 2 days)

"JW Library app has now got it in the books section, too. That's neat. New publications/videos are added without the need for an app update."   ... thanks Chris.

Edited by timpin

...   sorry, I meant to say you can already wirelessly Airplay to Apple TV, but next month (soon) JWB will be on Yahoo which is a station on the Apple TV device (just like roku)  

Just curious, is that 'next month' figure definite confirmation from Bethel, or just another guess?

A Bethelite friend I talked to yesterday said that the Yahoo Connect channel is still in the works, but the estimated release is sometime near the start of the next service year, not March 2015.

Automatic Internal Update   ... http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/19493-gods-kingdom-rules/     (within 2 days)

"JW Library app has now got it in the books section, too. That's neat. New publications/videos are added without the need for an app update."   ... thanks Chris.

Thanks Tim, I forgot to go to "WHAT'S NEW" section of the updated app - I see the Kingdom book.

Android update is here! Can someone who has updated it post any differences between Apple update and Android? Post pictures please!!! I can't update until I go out tomorrow to access wifi!

Edited by SUNRAY

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Here's the Android updates I've found, with pictures of the updates.

This post is image-heavy, so I put it inside spoiler tags for the benefit of anyone on a small screen or limited bandwidth.

Bible: Identical in format and content.

Daily Text: Identical in format and content.

Main menu: Added direct link to JW Broadcasting.

RETFgqE.png

Publications: Several new tabs - "By Type", "What's New", "Downloaded"

By Type: (Audio and Video sections include ALL Audio and Video content from JW Broadcasting and JW.org)

dGAOXBH.png

What's New:

PxMVvvi.png

Downloaded: (Including sort by size, most used, least used)

gYbLpho.png1K0fKd5.png

Multi-Language Support: (Currently 49 languages)

R6ENIpu.png

Edited by Stavro

I seem to be doing something wrong. I cannot seem to seem the downloads from jw library to save on my SD card, I keep getting running out of space on the internal memory.

JW Library will only save to your internal SD Card (internal memory).

Its in the folder Movies/jwlibrary. You need to clear space in your internal SD card.

Nice update. The only thing is if I download all that I want to, I will run out of storage space.

Just wanted to share a helpful tip/idea from Marcus on MS that may be beneficial to all of us   ...  

Friends,

Please be aware of the following:

As the updates for JW Library become more substantial, the amount of space on your device used to contain this app will grow. Since, we wouldn't dream of permanently uninstalling this wonderful provision from the earthly part of Jehovah's organization, here are a few helpful tips that span across all platforms:

*Check you "Downloads" folder for files that you no longer use, or duplicates of files. These can be deleted to free up space.

*When downloading Videos to your device, choose a resolution that will not impact your storage heavily. One could choose a certain video to use each month and alternate. This may be more advantageous than having all the ministry videos downloaded to your device all at one time.

*Check for duplicate applications. Do I have more than one PDF, EPUB, or ministry tracker app? Could I uninstall apps that I don't use to make way for apps that I use more frequently?

*Could some apps be moved to an external sd card if one's device supports this feature?

*For devices that get"the "insufficient storage" error, try uninstalling JW Library and reinstalling.  

Note: This is a last resort. You may lose all your bookmarks and downloaded files.

*Though, we would never dream of suggesting that anyone shoulder an increased financial burden, it could be in some cases the device we have presently struggles to install and allow use of JW Library in its current form. Might it be necessary to invest in a device to remedy the aforementioned situation. Each one will carry his or her own load. So, solving this situation may require some planning, forethought, and prayer. The slave continues do their part because the downloaded update is smaller. The media offered is then downloadable at our convenience.

Hopefully, these tips will help us to remain current with all updates to this wonderful spiritual tool.

I updated and it seems just like the iPad version.

I was hoping that they will have equivalent features. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible