JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Has anyone tried listening to the new Dramatic Bible reading "Jehovah is the Only True God"? Mine does not speak in English. I have English as the language.

Strange, I do not have that dramatic reading on the app, nor on jw.org. Where are you listening to it from?

Strange, I do not have that dramatic reading on the app, nor on jw.org. Where are you listening to it from?

It was there but seems to have been removed. Also when doing a search for it all you get is this now.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/dramatic-bible-readings/Jehovah-Is-the-Only-True-God/#?insight%5Bsearch_id%5D=2262edaf-290c-4311-ac22-2c0bc5e37a24&insight%5Bsearch_result_index%5D=0

Hi! On an iphone where do you "put them away" to? I was thinking just watch, delete, and download later if you need it again?

You can do that by selecting the video and then simply use button to throw the video away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of our device, my understanding is that we can download videos within the app, watch them and then delete them. There may be some in the congregation to share the videos with first..then delete. If later we want one back just download it again. This way there should be enough storage..

How do you Delete what you've DL'd, then watched or listened to - then want to put back so the little cloud appears on the right again so you're not taking up unnessary space?

Edited by timpin

@Tim..I don't have the app yet (Android) but after downloading a video, I would go to my download folder and delete it from there. I have noticed that the 4 videos in the app now, before the update, are also in my folders and I can delete them..The pictures of them remain in the app, but if I tap one I have deleted it still download again..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

How do you Delete what you've DL'd, then watched or listened to - then want to put back so the little cloud appears on the right again so you're not taking up unnessary space?

Go to the item you want to delete, tap "Select," tap the item you want to delete and tap the trash can.

What I have done with the various JW items I want to keep on my device is to d/l them to my computer. Then I connect the tablet to the computer to transfer the various d/l's to my designated folders on my external SD card in the tablet (since I do not know how to tell the tablet to d/l them to a specific folder).

That way, I have the videos and other publications I want/need on the SD card, at the ready, without taking up space on the actual tablet.

If my computer had an SD card reader, I could simply put the SD card into the computer and move the files that way.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

What I have done with the various JW items I want to keep on my device is to d/l them to my computer. Then I connect the tablet to the computer to transfer the various d/l's to my designated folders on my external SD card in the tablet (since I do not know how to tell the tablet to d/l them to a specific folder).

That way, I have the videos and other publications I want/need on the SD card, at the ready, without taking up space on the actual tablet.

If my computer had an SD card reader, I could simply put the SD card into the computer and move the files that way.

I do it that way too. I earlier ask how to move apps or download other things to my sd card and was told, because of google that it was not possible. So, I do what you do.

Edited by mserskine

Great question. I've outlined the steps needed to do that in this video I made:

How to use the JW Library App Part 2: Publications, Music, and Videos

I can't believe the new update on the JW library. All the different languages, the broadcasting clips, the videos, dramas, music. I selected Spanish to download and now, when I click on the verse number and all the bibles come up on the side, the spanish shows up at the end. That is awesome. Not everything is available in Spanish, like the broadcasting and clips or videos yet, but some of the books and bible. I am having so much fun with it. It has a "what's New" tab to see updates. Amazing!

What was weird was it showed an update to the new songs icon, and downloaded song number 139. Beautiful song. So I went on line and downloaded the music. But tonight, they both disappeared. No one at the hall had seen it. I don't have the lyrics now but still have the music. Someone jumped too quick I think!

But I am so excited with the update!

Great question. I've outlined the steps needed to do that in this video I made:

How to use the JW Library App Part 2: Publications, Music, and Videos

I just watched the videos, brother, and thank you so much for them.  You have deepened my appreciate of not only what this app does, but also its potential.

The addition of the language feature is something I had not taken full advantage of until now.

Thanks again.

I would love to be able to download your videos to be able to teach others, especially the elderly at my congregation.

That would be great! I hope my videos can help as many people as possible. There are quite a few ways to download YouTube videos to PC or Mac. But if you want to download them to your iPhone or iPad, I've made a video on how to do it here: http://appchasers.com/2015/02/03/video-download-youtube-videos-to-your-iphone-and-ipad-without-jailbreaking/

I just watched the videos, brother, and thank you so much for them. You have deepened my appreciate of not only what this app does, but also its potential.

The addition of the language feature is something I had not taken full advantage of until now.

Thanks again.

You're welcome! I'm glad the videos could be of use to you. Yeah there is still a lot of untapped potential for the app. Highlighting and notes for one. But I know the brothers are working hard on adding features. Can't wait to see what they come out with next!