JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

From jw.org clic on the Link to the IPad store , and you will see the details of this new version, with screenshots and the list all the language supported... it's more than 60!

But, as I say, it's probably an issue if this version is on the apple store today... I'm sure all the others platforms will be updated on the beginning of the next week. Unfortunately, brothers can only push new update without guarantee of the real date of publication, because of specific publishing process on each platforms

My iPhone updated about 4 hours ago & you can put the videos away so that they don't take any room on your phone.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! On an iphone where do you "put them away" to? I was thinking just watch, delete, and download later if you need it again?

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

My iPhone updated about 4 hours ago & you can put the videos away so that they don't take any room on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do that by selecting the video and then simply use button to throw the video away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still no update on my android,

settings are auto update for JW app,

but also went to 'my apps'- no update option available.

please my fellow androidians, what am i doing wrong?

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Nothing. As a rule, apple products get the update first. Android then gets it a week or two later.

The topics feature doesn't happen for Android. Just copy, and Web search is all for Android

brother Ashley do i understand this to mean that you got the android update?

if yes, please teach me how to also :) thanks

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

I am very happy with this new update however I can see that my 32 GB ipad will run out of memory in the future ....

Apple users will struggle to download all the videos etc .. Being selective is the way to do it for me at the moment ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Hi Renee..as mentioned we don't have the update yet for Android..Ashley was talking about the app we have now..not the new one..we have to wait..last time we had an update it took over a week before it got into the play store for Android..

cat2_e0.gif

brother Ashley do i understand this to mean that you got the android update?

if yes, please teach me how to also :) thanks

Hey Renee, Android update isn't apparently happening now for us Android users. It'll be a matter of time.

The only thing we need now is patience.

Sidethought : Maybe apple mobile device users get the update first probably because of not having wtlib cdrom files for Apple computers. Maybe FDS have computer program sympathy for Apple Computers because of such. Lol ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

thank you both :)

i misunderstood your earlier post brother Ashley.

yes, Patience.

"dear Jehovah please help me to have Patience. 

and hurry!"

:D

I am very happy with this new update however I can see that my 32 GB ipad will run out of memory in the future ....

Apple users will struggle to download all the videos etc .. Being selective is the way to do it for me at the moment ...

seagate wireless plus.... Wifi storage. 1 or 2 tetrabytes will solve that issue post-3749-142275355135_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seagate wireless plus.... Wifi storage. 1 or 2 tetrabytes will solve that issue http://jwtalk.net/forums/public/style_images/jwtalk/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422753553.446634.jpg

I bought this same drive, with the intention of allowing Brothers and Sisters access to the media I had already downloaded (saving their bandwidth, and the load on the Societies' servers. Plus), I planned to take it with me to PNG fully loaded with everything from the Society. The area I'll be visiting has very limited access to the Internet.

The only problem with this drive, if you plan to give others access, is that there is ZERO security. They can delete files, and even have full access to the drives settings meaning that they can change the password and lock you out of your own drive — and all this can happen accidentally if the person is exploring and doesn't know what they are doing.

Edited by niall

Regardless of our device, my understanding is that we can download videos within the app, watch them and then delete them. There may be some in the congregation to share the videos with first..then delete. If later we want one back just download it again. This way there should be enough storage..

cat2_e0.gif

Wasn't aware of that. But there has to be some settings. I have not gone deep into this as this is my personal storage. I have a 64GB iPad and it was getting full. Pics, vids and theocratic data hampered my storage. I was not going to pay for icloud upgraded storage. Im glad your sharing with others. Maybe you should download it for them or have a back up - two seagates or perhaps there is a way to partition the drive? May Jehovah continue blessing you.

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

{\fonttbl}

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}

}

I was trying to paste a picture of the new feature from the update JW Librar app. I was informed today that the update was only for Apple Devices, the update for Android will follow very soon.

Edited by 1gemstone