JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

After you click on the verse, press the customize button.

Customize button???  I have the choice to choose which bible translation I want to view. However, if I click on King James....my entire Bible changes to the KJ version. I no longer get the one verse in all the various translations to compare.

@lavritt :Clic on a verse number to see this verse (on the right panel) in the different translations you have selected

And for all windows 8 users, don't forget to install the Watchtower CD-ROM plus the "bible reader" app for windows 8 only... So if you have any issue with jw.library you have a solid backup ^_^

Note you'll have to reinstall jw.library when you'll upgrade to windows 10. On W10, you can install jw.library on a memory card, so you can have more space for all the items (magazines, books, audio, videos) :D

Using Apple. No matter what I do I cannot get the other Bible translations to show. I've even deleted the app and re-downloaded. I went to the Bible translations tab and downloaded all the translations, but they still do not show up when you click on a verse. Going to the translations/language tab allows me to chose a specific translation, but then that is the ONLY translation that appears anywhere.  I am beyond frustrated. Didn't realize how much I referred to the other translations until I lost them..... :(

Go to any verse in the bible on your ipad. On the right is a separate column. At the top of the column there are three choices, a star with 3 lines, an "a" with 3 lines, and what looks like a 1 with 3 lines. Tap the 1 with 3 lines and whatever other translations you have downloaded should show in that column. 

Edited by mserskine

I have to click on the cloud to download the one(s) I want. I clicked the reference bible and after it downloaded I tapped a verse again and now I see:

post-272-0-01613500-1433035063_thumb.jpg

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

*SIGH*   Still does not work. And I do not get the "Customize" option. I have tried everything suggested...deleted JWLibrary and reinstalled....EVERYTHING. And yes, I did send a comment in on the feedback form about a week or so ago......

I have to click on the cloud to download the one(s) I want. I clicked the reference bible and after it downloaded I tapped a verse again and now I see:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

So boo-boo, how did you get all your text red. In mine ony one verse will turn red upon touching.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Lavtitt, now touch a verse #. Touch right on the 2 - before "and you, O"

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Tap on the languages box and when the list of Bibles shows, take a screen shot and post it. Lets see what is happening.

Soon .....

If the verse turns red, then you're tapping on the text itself and not the verse number.

Try tapping on the left edge of a three digit chapter number, since that should give you the largest detection area. If you still have the same problem, then that'll help with further diagnostics.

nope. doesnt matter what verse or where i touch.

I haven't read the entire thread, so this may have been mentioned already. I think you have to have downloaded different translations (King James, Interlinear, Reference, etc) before it will display any alternate translations when you tap on a verse.