JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Downloading to external SD Cards works on my Samsung Note 4 which runs android 5.0.1.Maybe its the android version, as android 4.4 disables use of the external SD Card.I suspect the JW library software developers checked for the android version and disables the feature if its not android 5.

The version I have on all three are:

4.4.2 - Dosen't work

4.4 - Doesn't work

4.4.2 - Does work

I have a sd card in all 3

Edited by mserskine

The version I have on all three are:

4.4.2 - Dosen't work

4.4 - Doesn't work

4.4.2 - Does work

I have a sd card in all 3

Do other apps work with the SD card on the phones that don't have the SD card option in JW Library?

Do other apps work with the SD card on the phones that don't have the SD card option in JW Library?

For one thing, these 3 devices are tablets. I do have a phone and it does give me the sd card option. That's OK. I don't download the video programs anyway.

Downloading to external SD Cards works on my Samsung Note 4 which runs android 5.0.1.

Maybe its the android version, as android 4.4 disables use of the external SD Card.

I suspect the JW library software developers checked for the android version and disables the feature if its not android 5.

Correction. The download to SD Card works on Android 4.4.2.

My Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 runs Android 4.4.2 and the download to SD Card works.

Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.1.2 JW library allows uploading to SD card.

Cheapo Chinese iPad clone Android 4.4.2, uploading to card not allowed.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

After I updated the app I still had problems with some of the publications not opening or taking forever to open. The publications that I downloaded after the update opened immediately, so I deleted all of the publications and media, uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app and downloaded the publications and media. Now everything opens without any problems.

Last week I loaned my songbook to someone visiting at the KH and they kept it, so now I'm using the songbook on JWL, sometimes it wouldn't open and there is nothing worse than playing with your phone during the song :(  but now it opens right away  :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.1.2 JW library allows uploading to SD card.

Cheapo Chinese iPad clone Android 4.4.2, uploading to card not allowed.

My tab 3 has setting for to move data sd card but not directly in jw lib app 1.51

No updates from Kitkat yet.

My s4 phone only has lollipop 5.01

Am on tablet at Port Huron, Mercy Hospital.

Mother-in-law is sick +++.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

If you are wondering where it stores them on the SD Card - look in Android -> data -> org.jw.jwlibrary.mobile -> files -> 

There should be 2 folders - Music and Movies

I love that we can save to the SD Card now!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 weeks later...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jw.jwlibrary.mobile

Build 210: Fixed a bug where the app would crash on startup when it was installed on the SD card.
Build 208: Fixed a bug where the app would get stuck when trying to open.
We are aware of another issue where it is not possible to open the Daily Text. If this happens to you, please send an email with details.
• Fixed issues that were causing parts of the app to run slowly.
• Improved support for languages using scripts other than Latin.
• Download videos and audio programs to SD cards.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jw.jwlibrary.mobile

Build 210: Fixed a bug where the app would crash on startup when it was installed on the SD card.

Build 208: Fixed a bug where the app would get stuck when trying to open.

We are aware of another issue where it is not possible to open the Daily Text. If this happens to you, please send an email with details.

• Fixed issues that were causing parts of the app to run slowly.

• Improved support for languages using scripts other than Latin.

• Download videos and audio programs to SD cards.

Thanks!! There are so many updates,and I don´t want to lose any changes. 

Be careful!

GSMArena.com shows that the Note 8.0 only supports 64GB.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_8_0-5252.php

"Card slot microSD, up to 64 GB "

I got my 128 GB microSIM card Tuesday. I installed it and it works very well. It shows 125 GB available to use. 

I looked at the settings and it seems to show as automatically set for use without my intervention.

I will watch how my Samsung Galaxy 10" will use the microSIM. 

I got my 128 GB microSIM card Tuesday. I installed it and it works very well. It shows 125 GB available to use. 

I looked at the settings and it seems to show as automatically set for use without my intervention.

I will watch how my Samsung Galaxy 10" will use the microSIM.

That's great that it works! Even the Samsung site shows the Note 8 will only support 64GB.

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note8.0/specifications.html

"Memory

microSD (up to 64GB)"

On two of my tablets (Android), the 128 GB SD Card shows 128 GB available but when you try to load data into them they run out of space before it is full.  I didn't find that problem until I tried loading several videos after copying ALL of my archived Watchtower data which was about 50 GB.  I took the card out and used SD-Formatter on it and reformatted it. It still shows 128 GB formatted and no errors.  When re-installed it did the same thing.  So I am assuming those two tablets can only see 32 or 64 GB regardless of the size I install.  

Note: I did try changing format types (ex-fat and NTFS) but it did not cure the problem.  The card was a new, sealed-on-the-card, Samsung EVO SDXC UHS-1 (at 48 mB/s rating).  I use it for other things now.

On two of my tablets (Android), the 128 GB SD Card shows 128 GB available but when you try to load data into them they run out of space before it is full.  I didn't find that problem until I tried loading several videos after copying ALL of my archived Watchtower data which was about 50 GB.  I took the card out and used SD-Formatter on it and reformatted it. It still shows 128 GB formatted and no errors.  When re-installed it did the same thing.  So I am assuming those two tablets can only see 32 or 64 GB regardless of the size I install.  

Note: I did try changing format types (ex-fat and NTFS) but it did not cure the problem.  The card was a new, sealed-on-the-card, Samsung EVO SDXC UHS-1 (at 48 mB/s rating).  I use it for other things now.

Try fat32. It is supposed to work up to 128Gb on devices that only read 32 or 64 Gb with exFat

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: