JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Didn't fix the problem I have with links to the Glossary and Bible Index! Nothing still happens when I touch a letter of the alphebet. Was really hoping this update fixed something I was having a problem with (like Richard's puns!!!!) LOL

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Didn't fix the problem I have with links to the Glossary and Bible Index! Nothing still happens when I touch a letter of the alphebet. Was really hoping this update fixed something I was having a problem with (like Richard's puns!!!!) LOL

Did you delete the document and reload it after you did the update?

BTW: There in't anything they can do to JWL to fix my puns...My jokes have angelic backing, every time I tell a joke, people start praying... :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Richard, the document I would need to delete is the BIBLE! It's the Bible's Index that my Androit tablet and phone are having problems with. Neither of them can touch a letter of the alphebet in the Glossary or the Index and get to the "term" or "word" that starts with that letter of the alphebet. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the whole freakin app and I still can't make the Index work! And apparently I'm not the only one with Android electronics having this problem but the current update to the app (tonight's) didn't fix it.

Sr. Brigette,  It affects my Windows 10 tablet and desktop computer as well.  The effect is different in Windows (the index won't load).  In the Android tablet, I can still scroll through the Glossary but the alphabetic menu does not function.  In the Android tablet the index loads (so I can see the letters) but nothing functions.  I have reported it via the JW website.  I hope these little bugs are not keeping them from finishing our highlighting features.

Richard, the document I would need to delete is the BIBLE! It's the Bible's Index that my Androit tablet and phone are having problems with. Neither of them can touch a letter of the alphebet in the Glossary or the Index and get to the "term" or "word" that starts with that letter of the alphebet. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the whole freakin app and I still can't make the Index work! And apparently I'm not the only one with Android electronics having this problem but the current update to the app (tonight's) didn't fix it.

The Bible in JWL on my android phone has the same problem with the glossary and index. I just switched to the Reference Bible and deleted the NWT, then reloaded the NWT, closed JWL, reopened JWL, switched back from the Reference Bible to the NWT and....the glossary and index letter shortcuts still do not work...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Thank you Richard, you've comfirmed this problem is not just mine. Please write the organization about it!

I'll bring it up at our next meeting...

:)

Webpage not available

The webpage at jwpub://p/E:1001061173/925-925:0 could not be loaded because:

net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

This comes up on one now

I received the same error. I think that means the links are not valid and they need to update the NWT file.

Just for fun I installed the Spanish Bible on JWL on my android phone and the Index and Glossary links do not work. I suspect it is a file structure issue. Those are big words and I have no idea what they mean, but it sounds good... :)

I'm getting an error message for each letter. eg:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I've been complaining about his problem for the last 3 pages!!! Either the link is dead or the error message comes up.  Fill out a complaint form for the JW Library app!!!

I'm getting an error message for each letter. eg:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I've been complaining about his problem for the last 3 pages!!! Either the link is dead or the error message comes up. Fill out a complaint form for the JW Library app!!!

Meanwhile use the search button... It's much easier than going to the index ;)

I've been complaining about his problem for the last 3 pages!!! Either the link is dead or the error message comes up.  Fill out a complaint form for the JW Library app!!!

I thought the error I was getting was different to that discussed. I see little point in notifying the brothers of something they are well aware of.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I thought the error I was getting was different to that discussed. I see little point in notifying the brothers of something they are well aware of.

How do you know they are well aware of it?  They only become aware when "many", not just a "few" tell them about it.  If it's just a few, they chalk it up to problems with our devices.  With "many" writing in to tell them of the same problem, they have to come to the conclustion that it's a problem with the app itself.