JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Lord, too many people in here have too much time on their hands!

Don't be so formal, just call me Richard...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

JW Library just updated on my android tablet. I don't see any differences yet.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Br. Randall,  What version number does it show?  If you go to the JW-Library app, open it and go to publications, look in the top right corner.  The last icon is "3 vertical dots".  Touch these and it says "settings".  Press settings and the information list will show the version number at the bottom of the list.  My last number was 1.5.4.217 (216 was a couple of weeks ago).  What build or version number is shown?

Br. Randall, What version number does it show? If you go to the JW-Library app, open it and go to publications, look in the top right corner. The last icon is "3 vertical dots". Touch these and it says "settings". Press settings and the information list will show the version number at the bottom of the list. My last number was 1.5.4.217 (216 was a couple of weeks ago). What build or version number is shown?

It shows 217.

It shows 217.

The 217 build fixed some small problems but it was not the next update with the "Highlight" features.  Tomorrow is November and the brothers said we would get this update "next month".  So a 30 day waiting period begins. Patience. 

The 217 build fixed some small problems but it was not the next update with the "Highlight" features. Tomorrow is November and the brothers said we would get this update "next month". So a 30 day waiting period begins. Patience.

I knew highlighting was not included in this one. I just noticed that JWLIBRARY had been updated and did not have time to look at it.

Same with Mantano. I like that when I make notes, annotations and highlight- it saves to all my devices. I probably have too many.LOL  :mellow:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

As time goes by I love less and less moonreader... It does a bad job formatting the page. Mantano does it better but its epub3 implementation is in beta stage for a long time

Nothing compared with jw library

While the highlighting isn't here I'm just using it without highlighting. I never look into the highlighted parts anyway, just have been doing it because of the surrounding eyes and the questions "you didn't study it?"

Enviado do meu ST21i através de Tapatalk

I use Alreader for epub.  Depending upon settings, I use old book layout, it shows scriptures at bottom of page most of the time,

however if you can't read the smaller print, the links do work. It has highlighting, etc features but I don't use them.

I like the fact that you can change font size by finger movement, change brightness by side finger sliding, have 2 page horizontal, scroll up & down or turn pages, etc.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

As time goes by I love less and less moonreader... It does a bad job formatting the page. Mantano does it better but its epub3 implementation is in beta stage for a long time

Nothing compared with jw library

While the highlighting isn't here I'm just using it without highlighting. I never look into the highlighted parts anyway, just have been doing it because of the surrounding eyes and the questions "you didn't study it?"

Enviado do meu ST21i através de Tapatalk

So funny, I feel the same way. I love the JW Library app and cannot wait for the highlighting feature.