JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

How did you update it? Mine is 4.2.2

Go to Settings>About Device>Software Updates>Check for Updates

If there is an update available from your provider you will need to be in a wifi area for an hour or more.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Not yet for me...

I have a lot of stuff studied in Moon Reader and I like the way I can highlight on my phone and it shows up on my tablet. I will be using both apps for a while..

Same for me with Mantano for Android. I have many pdf and Epub files all synced with my devices. I've accumulated over 19gb of them through various sites.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I just went to the "play store", typed in JW Library and chose update. Only took a minute or so.

I thought he was asking about updating the android operating system so the JWL update would work..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Help pls

I just downloaded the updates, but the app keep crashing when I tap on any publication.

The first thing I try is to turn the device completely off and restart it. If that doesn't help I uninstall  the APP completely and reinstall. If that doesn't help I smash it against a wall and go buy a new one. O.K. that last one probably won't help.  :)

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Same for me with Mantano for Android. I have many pdf and Epub files all synced with my devices. I've accumulated over 19gb of them through various sites.

Same here. I want to try the new highlighting feature in JW Library, but either whether I use it or not, there are several reasons why I will keep Moon Reader.

One is that I just need to click a word to open it in the dictionary. Very useful when you are reading in a foreign language, which is what I do most of the time.

I am also a bit wary of updates. Of course it's great to have the latest edition of every publication, but if that comes at the cost of losing all my notes and highlightings, for example in the Bible Teach and God's Love books, for me it's nor worth it.

And of course, I read all kinds of books that are not in JW Library. I still need Moon Reader to read them. :)

I hope that 'coming soon' section really is soon! I was so happy I did a little dance when I saw the update yesterday, but I may be sticking with iBooks and PDF Expert for just a little bit longer. I like typing my notes next to paragraphs with extra info and scriptures for commenting, not being able to do that in the new update will hold me back from using it full time. 

Still very exciting, and it looks like the next update will give many of us what we want to make the switch. 

Same here. I want to try the new highlighting feature in JW Library, but either whether I use it or not, there are several reasons why I will keep Moon Reader.

One is that I just need to click a word to open it in the dictionary. Very useful when you are reading in a foreign language, which is what I do most of the time.

I am also a bit wary of updates. Of course it's great to have the latest edition of every publication, but if that comes at the cost of losing all my notes and highlightings, for example in the Bible Teach and God's Love books, for me it's nor worth it.

And of course, I read all kinds of books that are not in JW Library. I still need Moon Reader to read them. :)

It seems the moon reader that annotate is the paid version?

I cannot remember & drawing a blank: why are the books of the bible different shades of purple?

Grouped into Prophets, Psalms, Gospel accounts, etc..

Anybody having issues with touch and scrolling text disappearing on your windows tablets with the app?

I often had this problems before when my tab is in desktop mode. Switching to tablet mode solved the problem

Now I see that it has this problems in landscape (even in tablet mode) but not in portrait... Strange

Only noticed now that the live tile shows the daily text... Don't know if it's a new feature :)

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk

Anybody having issues with touch and scrolling text disappearing on your windows tablets with the app?

Yes, I have had this problem on the laptop since the previous update (1.5). (Or was it Win10 that caused the problem, not sure).

Not on my tablet, although I always use that in tablet mode in portrait, not landscape.

One nice touch.  With the windows version, it behaves slightly differently if you are using touch to highlight or using a mouse or stylus pen.  Using a pen, you highlight just like using a normal highlighter pen, no need to tap on the highlight option afterwards.  Its very natural.

Yes, I have had this problem on the laptop since the previous update (1.5). (Or was it Win10 that caused the problem, not sure).

Not on my tablet, although I always use that in tablet mode in portrait, not landscape.

One nice touch. With the windows version, it behaves slightly differently if you are using touch to highlight or using a mouse or stylus pen. Using a pen, you highlight just like using a normal highlighter pen, no need to tap on the highlight option afterwards. Its very natural.

How do you pick a color with this method?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

One nice touch. With the windows version, it behaves slightly differently if you are using touch to highlight or using a mouse or stylus pen. Using a pen, you highlight just like using a normal highlighter pen, no need to tap on the highlight option afterwards. Its very natural.

What kind of tablet do you have?

I have a Asus Vivotab Note8.

To answer Jerry's question.  Yes the colour choice show for about 1-2 seconds after you move the pen away, so you change the colour if you want, then disappear.  You can re-tap it change the colour.  In the end, it just saves an extra tap each time you want to make a highlight.

But there is definitely a bug with the Windows version, but only in landscape mode.  I've noticed if you scroll down, then try to select text to highlight, it highlights something a few lines above instead.  Because I use my tablet in portrait, I've never noticed it before, only on the laptop.

But there is definitely a bug with the Windows version, but only in landscape mode.  I've noticed if you scroll down, then try to select text to highlight, it highlights something a few lines above instead.  Because I use my tablet in portrait, I've never noticed it before, only on the laptop.

I have no problem in either mode. Using windows 10.