JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

My wife's upload showed no Bibles but everything else seemed OK.  So I just went to the tabs at the top (languages) and it showed the list of Bibles, starting with the 2013 revision.  I just clicked on the five I used (one at a time) and reloaded them.  It was a lot easier that reloading the whole app.  This is the same procedure you used to load each version in the first place.

Don't know if anyone noticed but if you hit the "language" symbol while in the songbook, it gives you the option of opening all the new songs without having to go back to publications and choose the New songs.

It's a quicker way to get to the new songs.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I have the most recent update which includes highlighting. Today I noticed magazines I had downloaded was gone and it said I could not download until I updated.  Well. . . I have the updated version, any one else has this problem?

post-285-0-23182200-1448218607_thumb.jpg

Edited by futurepromise

Don't know if anyone noticed but if you hit the "language" symbol while in the songbook, it gives you the option of opening all the new songs without having to go back to publications and choose the New songs.

It's a quicker way to get to the new songs.

and if you press the ">" button it even sings for you Brige - u can lip sync!

I've noticed that all 3 editions of the January's Watchtowers have appeared twice.  They were also added to the Whats New section again.

Also found out that if you delete a publication, it doesn't remove the highlight data.  So if delete, and then reinstall a publication, your highlighting remains.  So what if you want to remove all the highlights from a publication?

I have the most recent update which includes highlighting. Today I noticed magazines I had downloaded was gone and it said I could not download until I updated. Well. . . I have the updated version, any one else has this problem?

There appears to be an issue with the "What's New" section showing these three publications as new and available for download. If they won't download, it's probably because you already have them.

If it's a server side error, they'll disappear soon. If it's an internal error, they'll go when the next update comes out.

Also found out that if you delete a publication, it doesn't remove the highlight data.  So if delete, and then reinstall a publication, your highlighting remains.  So what if you want to remove all the highlights from a publication?

I was curious about that and experimented with it today, I could delete a publication and then install it again and all of the highlights were still there. That makes sense if they update a publication. I don't know how to remove all of the highlights but I assume it is a separate hidden file that could be deleted.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

There appears to be an issue with the "What's New" section showing these three publications as new and available for download. If they won't download, it's probably because you already have them.

If it's a server side error, they'll disappear soon. If it's an internal error, they'll go when the next update comes out.

That's happened before, it was a problem with the links being created with the old magazine dating system. They'll disappear soon.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Sorry, this may sound a little stupid but " Is it possible to transfer previously downloaded JW videos and publication from my PC to the JW Library on an Android Device?

Not stupid at all. Yes. You can transfer previously downloaded publications and videos from pc to Android and run them with the jw library app but for all that you must have rooted device. (for publications I think you don't need root but I wouldn't know since all my devices are rooted)

For pubs you need to download the "jwpub" files from jw.org. Then you should run them from your file Explorer and then the device will figure out to open it with JW Library.

For videos you need to download them from the site and put them in the folder 'device / Movies / Jwlibrary /.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Andrejrulz