JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Ok, so only windows 10 devices can have true multi windows of any app on the device then. I guess.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

attachicon.gifIMG_20151208_083430.jpg

Not really. I can have true multi window on my Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for image. Is it rooted Brother Andrej?

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Sister Tammy, can you use the JW Library app and a pdf reader (like Mantano) side by side? I always wanted that feature. Without it being jailbreaked.

Jailbreak is usually used in removing Vender locked OS such as ATT or Verizon using Apple products. Not necessarily mean rooting, but probably has to be done.

Unlocking Android locked phones/tablets is for venders such as ATT or Verizon, or Bell, etc. without rooting. This means you can change their bloatware.

I wanted unlock codes for my US phones, however that particular company does not give out unlock codes and haven't found a reliable source to do so. Had a place that can do most unlocking but not that company.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Thanks for image. Is it rooted Brother Andrej?

Yeah. Of course it's rooted. If you're rooted and wish to know how to enable multi window mode, check the 'spoiler' below.

Besides, this multi window thing is an experimental feature on Marshmallow (That is Android 6.0). I am not sure if it's available for previous versions of android. You need to change a little something in the /system/build.prop file. To be specific, you need to change the properties of "ro.build.type" from 'user' to 'userdebug'. If you're rooted, you can download an app called "Buildprop editor" and change the build.prop file that way. After the change, reboot should follow. After reboot, go to options->developer options, scroll down to 'drawing' category and enable multi window mode. You can check the following tutorial from xda-developers forum.

Do you use cyanogenmod 13?

Sent from my Nexus 7

No. I use stock Marshmallow 6.0, rooted and i use Xposed module for the visual tweeks.

Yeah. Of course it's rooted. If you're rooted and wish to know how to enable multi window mode, check the 'spoiler' below.

Besides, this multi window thing is an experimental feature on Marshmallow (That is Android 6.0). I am not sure if it's available for previous versions of android. You need to change a little something in the /system/build.prop file. To be specific, you need to change the properties of "ro.build.type" from 'user' to 'userdebug'. If you're rooted, you can download an app called "Buildprop editor" and change the build.prop file that way. After the change, reboot should follow. After reboot, go to options->developer options, scroll down to 'drawing' category and enable multi window mode. You can check the following tutorial from xda-developers forum.

No. I use stock Marshmallow 6.0, rooted and i use Xposed module for the visual tweeks.

I use also xposed.. But I'm cyanogenmod 12

Sent from my Nexus 7

On moving around in JWLibrary:

When in KM. Any part in blue (example - song). Tap blue song number. Song comes up right hand column (or next page on phone). Then tap song number at top of column. It takes you to songbook full page. Then top left arrow back when done.

Easy way to go back and forth.

Works with books too.

Also highlight any word. When menu bar comes up choose Topics. Can research anything and then go back to original (top left arrow)

Edited by PhorosM

It's obvious you have an ipad. Not all of that is true in Android - we don't have a "topic" button or a "define" button. I hope it's in the works but can surely live without it, my husband has an ipad and he tries to make me jealous of his capabilities with JWL that I don't have, because my tablet is Android.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

It's obvious you have an ipad. Not all of that is true in Android - we don't have a "topic" button or a "define" button. I hope it's in the works but can surely live without it, my husband has an ipad and he tries to make me jealous of his capabilities with JWL that I don't have, because my tablet is Android.

Oh ! The "topic" button is so cute ! Can't live without it

Each morning when I wake up it puts smile on my face .. LoL

I will polish my "topic" button to shine brightly each day

And don't get me started on "define" button LOL

Are you sure you can live without it ? LOL ... Ha ha ha

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Oh ! The "topic" button is so cute ! Can't live without it

Each morning when I wake up it puts smile on my face .. LoL

I will polish my "topic" button to shine brightly each day

And don't get me started on "define" button LOL

Are you sure you can live without it ? LOL ... Ha ha ha

(I say this jokingly) - You're just mean!!!!

Yes, but isn't the iPad missing the "sliding bar" with all the books of the Bible running across the top?

Yes, they don't have that and although I use that sliding bar often, I'd trade it in a second for the "topic" and "define" capabilities!

Tapatalk just updated on my android tablet. Now I am getting sponsored posts in the middle of threads. I am glad JWLibrary does not do things like that.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I've had sponsored posts in mine for quite bsome time...so annoying. One post got me I was like why would one of my brothers or sisters post that!!! Then realized itbwas an ad.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

When my Tapatalk updated to a version I didn't like, I just uninstalled it and downloaded a previous version that worked the way I wanted it to. Now I use that version on my phone and tablet and I don't let it update. Version 4.9.5 works best for me.

Just Google "Tapatalk previous versions" and download the one you like.

I hate tapatalk Ive removed it from my devices and I use the mobile version of the web page on my browser. Tapatalk is just to complicated for me and like many apps today the operating manual doesnt help.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed