JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

While my samsung android doesnt show split screen, I find it handy in that it can run several programs at the same time. I can quickly swich between them at the hall with 1 button press. Thus I use concurrently jw library for scriptures and songs, moon reader for my epub study watchtower and ms word for my pdf reading watchtower. I just wish there was some way to be absolutely certain it would remain silent at the hall like may be a mute switch. While I havent been caught so far I am always worried that it will make a noise at the hall. Iphones arent safe though as alarms go off even when the mute switch is on. What ever happened to mute meaning QUIET!!!

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

While my samsung android doesnt show split screen, I find it handy in that it can run several programs at the same time. I can quickly swich between them at the hall with 1 button press. Thus I use concurrently jw library for scriptures and songs, moon reader for my epub study watchtower and ms word for my pdf reading watchtower. I just wish there was some way to be absolutely certain it would remain silent at the hall like may be a mute switch. While I havent been caught so far I am always worried that it will make a noise at the hall. Iphones arent safe though as alarms go off even when the mute switch is on. What ever happened to mute meaning QUIET!!!

Settings....device...accessibility... Turn off all sounds... Will not turn sounds up with the side switch unless you go in and turn all sounds back on.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I hate tapatalk Ive removed it from my devices and I use the mobile version of the web page on my browser. Tapatalk is just to complicated for me and like many apps today the operating manual doesnt help.

To each his own. I found Tapatalk very easy to setup and use. I do just about everything with it easily, but I am pretty experienced with software. I like the mobile version of this forum too, but I find Tapatalk saves me a lot of time.

I prefer the "desktop" version of most sites and usually request them with my tablet browser if I get the mobile version.

A bit off topic but it's not exactly obvious, holding down the refresh icon in Safari in iOS brings up this pop-up:post-6059-0-64095600-1451068902_thumb.jp

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Would you not like to have a hebrew interlinear translation on JWLibrary?

The problems in doing an interlinear translation is that Hebrew is written from right to left.  If the English equivalent was put beneath the corresponding Hebrew word we would have to read the English from right to left.  It might be more confusing for us that way.

Edited by Witness1970

The problems in doing an interlinear translation is that Hebrew is written from right to left.  If the English equivalent was put beneath the corresponding Hebrew word we would have to read the English from right to left.  It might be more confusing for us that way.

http://biblehub.com/interlinear/genesis/1-1.htm

I see no problem as it could be some space between words

A hebrew interlinear translation would be just as useful as the greek one, you can make comparison between verses even while talking to someone. I don't know about the copyright laws and if the WT would have the right to distribute any translation like this (maybe this is the issue).

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

The problems in doing an interlinear translation is that Hebrew is written from right to left. If the English equivalent was put beneath the corresponding Hebrew word we would have to read the English from right to left. It might be more confusing for us that way.

It may be a little confusing in the beginning, but you get the hang of it. I would personally love a Hebrew interlinear bible in JW Library. ( Devs, are you reading this!!!)

Edited by leoperales

Actually I guess that the Hebrew could be written from left to right.  I think I have actually seen a Hebrew Interlinear Bible before.

There are Hebrew Interlinear Bibles online.  I just did a Google search and found some.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hebrew+interlinear+bible&oq=Hebrew+interlinear+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.19605j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Witness1970

I use a paper copy of the Hebrew Interlinear every day.  It has the Hebrew words (from right to left as original) and the English words (right to left to match) and the Strong's Concordance number above each Hebrew word so you can make a quick reference to the definition.  I started typing my own copy but it is very slow going.  I am still in the beginning of Genesis, but it keeps me occupied with God's Word.  I am learning a lot.  I may try the reference above to see what is available in digital format.

I was wondering what they were going to do with the Convention Releases folder in JWL, it looks like they have finally moved the convention releases to the main folders and deleted the Convention Releases folder for now. They updated JW.org too.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I was wondering what they were going to do with the Convention Releases folder in JWL, it looks like they have finally moved the convention releases to the main folders and deleted the Convention Releases folder for now. They updated JW.org too.

And on jw.org they just put the new releases on "See What's New"

And on jw.org they just put the new releases on "See What's New"

The Convention Releases folder is still on JW.org so I opened it to see if the 2015 RC releases were still there, they are. It asked me if I had attended the "Imitate Jesus" RC so apparently they reset the question. Since I have attended the RC, I answered 'yes', now the big question is whether or not that answer will still be valid when the folder is loaded with the 2016 releases... :uhhuh:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The Convention Releases folder is still on JW.org so I opened it to see if the 2015 RC releases were still there, they are. It asked me if I had attended the "Imitate Jesus" RC so apparently they reset the question. Since I have attended the RC, I answered 'yes', now the big question is whether or not that answer will still be valid when the folder is loaded with the 2016 releases... :uhhuh:

I went to jw.org and I couldn't find the Convention Releases folder. https://www.jw.org/en/publications/

Where is it?

I went to jw.org and I couldn't find the Convention Releases folder. https://www.jw.org/en/publications/

Where is it?

At the bottom of the Featured Items page.

I'm not sure if this is only a bug with the german version:

With the new "Examining the Scriptures Daily - 2016", I can't open the bible links at the right side. :(
It works only by clicking at the link at the bottom: "Examining the Scriptures Daily - 2016"

After this I cannot turnover to the next day, only scroll to the next day - but scripture links works again.

I'm using the app on a Samsung Note 10.1 tablet.

Do you have the same problem with "Examining the Scriptures Daily - 2016"?

I'm not sure if this is only a bug with the german version:

With the new "Examining the Scriptures Daily - 2016", I can't open the bible links at the right side. :(

It works only by clicking at the link at the bottom: "Examining the Scriptures Daily - 2016"

After this I cannot turnover to the next day, only scroll to the next day - but scripture links works again.

I'm using the app on a Samsung Note 10.1 tablet.

Do you have the same problem with "Examining the Scriptures Daily - 2016"?

We have the same tablet and I faced the same issue in greek language. Here is the solution for this bug:

- Download the english language of the 'Examing Scriptures'

- Restart the application

- If the language changed, return back to german but don't uninstall the english

Did this help?

• 2 weeks later...

mine just updated now says 5.0.2

ooops I read that as your Android just updated like mine did

jwlibrary app updated too ..... it is now the version you said

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The bug I would like to see fixed is "Unfortunately JW Library has stopped."

I have the current Android update, but don't know where to find the version, where does it say 5.0.2?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.