JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Br AndreJ, thanks for the information.

So, How can I Know if my device is " rooted" ?

Is " being rooted" the same as " JailBreak" on Ios devices?

I´m searching on google...

Yeah. Root is pretty much the equivalent of jailbreak. It's not something that you may have done incidentally. Check my post above, I edited it a bit :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Individual highlights can be deleted just by tapping anywhere on the highlight and then choosing the garbage can icon. That works for me just fine. I have never had the need to delete multiple highlights.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Edited by Witness1970

Individual highlights can be deleted just by tapping anywhere on the highlight and then choosing the garbage can icon. That works for me just fine. I have never had the need to delete multiple highlights.

I like deleting all my highlights when we are finished studying the entire book.  It frees up the memory (I have tons of bookmarks, highlights and notes for each book and magazine we study) for the next book/mag we study.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I noticed the NWT was updated on JWLIBRARY and the glossary links work now. Shali should be happy now :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I already said that a few days ago in one of these JW LIB threads, Yes, I'm very  happy indeed!

My NWT just showed up today...or at least today was the first time I noticed there was an update to the NWT. I was thinking of you so I checked the glossary and index to see if they worked, then I was so excited that you would be happy that I posted my comment without reading the entire thread...

I'm just glad you are happy.... :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My JWLIBRARY app is very slow this morning for some reason. I updated it several days ago but it was not slow until today.

Edit: Closing the app and reopening it solved the problem. My wife and I have been studying the book 'Come Be My Follower' for our daily study. I could not get chapter 7 to open but it is open now.

Edited by Witness1970

The ">" button was the one that you said your tablet would do the singing for you. So what does that button do?

Good GRIEF! THERE IS NO SUCH BUTTON! He just won't stop pulling my leg!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I was discovering some things new to me about the JW Library APP at meeting last night. Using the KM, I first discovered that clicking on a scripture will not only open the Bible in the right column but also if I click on the Scripture link in the right column it will open the scripture in the Bible. I tried that with the part in the service meeting considering the yearbook and the same is true, the Yearbook opens up with pictures and highlighting. Lastly, the Songbook opened up with notes. All publications that are downloaded will open with the margin link. This will be most handy where highlighting is needed. Lastly, to get back to KM from other publications one click on the device back button at the bottom worked so nicely. Using the JWLibrary back button at the top only took me back to publications and took 3-4 clicks to get back to KM.

Before highlighting in the APP I was using moonreader but am now using JWLibrary for everything. One of the nicest improvements is the ability to switch to landscape view without clicking a button. Wife and I spent the best part of our Anniversary updating our Samsung tablets to an octacore Galaxy S2. Our old 2013 Galaxy Note quadcore tablets were so slow that most of the time the Scripture was read before it appeared on the tablet. The octacore fixed that problem. The Samsung reps at Best Buy were so familiar with JW Library APP that they were telling us the fix and tips before we could. The APP is so large now that it takes a fast machine to run it smoothly. It is nice that they are getting a fine Witness but I hope with all the frustration that comes with figuring problems out that the friends "keep their Jesus on."

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

The Samsung reps at Best Buy were so familiar with JW Library APP that they were telling us the fix and tips before we could. The APP is so large now that it takes a fast machine to run it smoothly. It is nice that they are getting a fine Witness but I hope with all the frustration that comes with figuring problems out that the friends "keep their Jesus on."

Thanks for the news. 

Are you saying that 'non witness' Best Buy reps are very knowledgeable about our JW Library app??

If so I'm impressed. Good use of informal (digital) witnessing!! :D

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Thanks for the news. 

Are you saying that 'non witness' Best Buy reps are very knowledgeable about our JW Library app??

If so I'm impressed. Good use of informal (digital) witnessing!! :D

They were definitely non-Witnesses. This is probably because over 1,000 Witnesses shop that one store to solve problems and buy devices whether that be phones, tablets or TV's. I have had lengthy conversations regarding JW Broadcasting with Samsung reps and their somewhat limited on board browser in their tvs. Strangely enough I played for all to see various broadcasts for as long as I wanted. Regarding JW Library they downloaded the APP before I bought on their showroom model just to experiment with the speed difference. I find them to be quite helpful as I am not a very techy guy.

Edited by rocket

One problem I have had, both before and after the updates, is when I click on scriptures I do not get the Scripture I was expecting. The scripture window opens but it shows the previous scripture I was reading. I keep clicking different scriptures or footnotes but I keep getting the same scripture. I have to close JW Library and reopen it to get it to work right.

Edited by Witness1970

One problem I have had, both before and after the updates, is when I click on scriptures I do not get the Scripture I was expecting. The scripture window opens but it shows the previous scripture I was reading. I keep clicking different scriptures or footnotes but I keep getting the same scripture. I have to close JW Library and reopen it to get it to work right.

Maybe there was an error in downloading the Bibles. Try deleting the 5 Bibles and then download them again. I had a similar problem and re-downloading helped. 

Maybe there was an error in downloading the Bibles. Try deleting the 5 Bibles and then download them again. I had a similar problem and re-downloading helped.

Done. It didn't do it very often. The Bible I was using mostly was NWT. That is the only bible that ever gave me a problem but it was the bible I used the vast majority of the time. I deleted them all and downloaded them all again. I will know sometime in the future if it worked.