JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

At the top right, tap on the triple colon and select settings.The app version is right at the bottom.

Thanks!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

The bug I would like to see fixed is "Unfortunately JW Library has stopped."

I have the current Android update, but don't know where to find the version, where does it say 5.0.2?

5.0.2 is the android version (lollipop)

you can see yours on "settings" and "about" page

Enviado do meu LG-D855 através de Tapatalk

The bug I would like to see fixed is "Unfortunately JW Library has stopped."

I have the current Android update, but don't know where to find the version, where does it say 5.0.2?

5.02 would refer to the version of Android you are running.

My version of the JW library is 1.6.0. 14004.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Wouldn't it be nice if our songbook was in the main "publications" page so we can easily access it?  (I think it's currently under "books and brochures?!" )

Oh well, it's not a big thing.

Access it thru your history button!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

On January 27, 2016 at 3:18 AM, Jonathan77 said:

The 2012 WTs are text only - no pictures.  But the WT Library and online versions are text only as well.  Takes less storage space on your tablet.

But you can download the PDF versions of all WTs back to 2000 on jw.org.  When I need a picture, I do this.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Update on iOS available.

Supports  multitasking on suitable devices.

:)

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1 hour ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

Update on iOS available.

Supports  multitasking on suitable devices. 

Suitable devices being:

• For Split View (simultaneous side-by-side): iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 4
  • For Slide Over (side overlay): iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:27 PM, shali said:

Access it thru your history button!

That only works if it is one of the last two things you accessed :) 

I downloaded a songbook from the playstore for this reason.

23 hours ago, Sylv said:

That only works if it is one of the last two things you accessed :) 

I downloaded a songbook from the playstore for this reason.

Funny, I can access anything from my history list, not just the last two things.  That is how I get from publication to publication on a regular basis.  Your's isn't working correctly if you can only access publications from the last two things in the history list.

On February 2, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Adelin said:

instructions for jw library

On February 3, 2016 at 10:57 AM, ChrisTheConfused said:

Update on iOS available.

How do you tap on the pictures to make them larger?

Edited by timpin

3 minutes ago, shali said:

I've noticed that certain publications in JW Lib do not allow for enlargement (like the Imitate their Faith book) whereas the MWB (Workbook) you can tap and enlarge.

I can enlarge the Imitate their faith.

On android, click the double A at the top right of the page and then move the slide right to enlarge

On Apple, click the three dots (...) at the top right of the page, select "Text Settings" and then move the slide right to enlarge

13 minutes ago, mserskine said:

I can enlarge the Imitate their faith.

On android, click the double A at the top right of the page and then move the slide right to enlarge

On Apple, click the three dots (...) at the top right of the page, select "Text Settings" and then move the slide right to enlarge

Actually, I think it's the other way around.  I have an android tablet and I only have the 3 dots.  My husband has an apple and he has the "A" on the top right of the page.

I just tried that and it doesn't enlarge the pictures for me in the Imitate Their Faith Book.  At least not the ones I tried to enlarge.

Edited by shali

Just now, shali said:

Actually, I think it's the other way around.  I have an android tablet and I only have the 3 dots.  My husband has an apple and he has the "A" on the top right of the page.

On my mini iPad I have three dots and my android, a Samsung Galaxy 3, I have a double A. I guess different tablets have different configurations. 

7 minutes ago, mserskine said:

On my mini iPad I have three dots and my android, a Samsung Galaxy 3, I have a double A. I guess different tablets have different configurations. 

The double "A" is for languages, not text settings.  I have a Galaxy 2 and I have the three dots after the "clock" (history icon) and my husband has an ipad mini and he has the big "A" in the corner for the text settings (I just checked).  I just tried it on some illustrations in the Watchtower and it didn't enlarge those either.  Must be something exclusive to your tablets. 

Edited by shali