JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

6 hours ago, youthintheministry23 said:

Also, LOVE the new audio/video feature. Now you can listen to music (or videos) downloaded (including on shuffle mode) while reading. This is great for practicing our new songs.

This is a very good feature. Unfortunately, with by 16 GB iPad, I don't have the luxury of downloading the songs. I need to save my space for future publications. 

It's nice if you are watching a brother give a talk and want to use the bible in the JWLIB app too!  Before, if you used your bible, it stopped the video and if you wanted to watch the video uninteruppted, you couldn't use the rest of the app.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I must admit, I was so excited to see the update but a bit disappointed to find that it didn't include notation. I need to adjust my attitude and realize, every little update they do makes it better and easier and more enjoyable to use - thus every update is valuable!

1 minute ago, shali said:

It's nice if you are watching a brother give a talk and want to use the bible in the JWLIB app too!  Before, if you used your bible, it stopped the video and if you wanted to watch the video uninteruppted, you couldn't use the rest of the app.

Ah, good point. I didn't think of that. 

1 minute ago, leoperales said:

I like that we can now sort our downloaded publications by type. Now, I can see all my videos in one place. I can't tell you how many times I was out in territory wanting to show a video and couldn't because I just couldn't find it in the menus. That problem is long gone. :ecstatic:

Android has had that for as long as  I can remember.  I guess I took for granted that ipad users did too.

I hope they do the smaller screen for video or music with android in the future.  That would be so handy!  I will have to check my laptop and see if it is functional in Windows.

15 minutes ago, shali said:

I think these new features for video and music are only for ipad users though, I haven't noticed them on my Android tablet.

My Ipad updated with these features and my Windows 10 PC and tablet updated in a similar manner.  My Android tablet had an update installed last night, but it did not include the "Meetings" feature (at least not yet).

3 minutes ago, jwhess said:

My Ipad updated with these features and my Windows 10 PC and tablet updated in a similar manner.  My Android tablet had an update installed last night, but it did not include the "Meetings" feature (at least not yet).

Did it include the smaller screen opening when you clicked on a video or one of the kingdom songs to play on your Androild tablet?  Mine didn't. I don't have the meeting feature either, that is probably just for windows right now.

Edited by shali

10 minutes ago, shali said:

Did it include the smaller screen opening when you clicked on a video or one of the kingdom songs to play on your Androild tablet?  Mine didn't. I don't have the meeting feature either, that is probably just for windows right now.

No, I don't see any additional features (no tabs, menus, buttons or anything).  Some have said it is "faster" and that may be true.  It appears more like a usual "bug-fix" update than a "feature" update (in Android).

Just checked out the "meeting" tab on my Windows 10 laptop!  How nice that is!!  No more studying the wrong Watchtower article by mistake!  It puts the article you need for that weeks meeting right there!  It will make getting to your publications for that particular meeting so much easier and efficient, especially for the olders ones.  Can't wait till Android gets it - might be a couple weeks behind the Ipad update, but Im sure it's coming.

Edited by shali

2 minutes ago, shali said:

Just checked out the "meeting" tab on my Windows 10 laptop!  How nice that is!!  No more studying the wrong Watchtower article by mistake!  It puts the article you need for that weeks meeting right there!  It will make getting to your publications for that particular meeting so much easier and efficient, especially for the olders ones.  Can't wait till Android gets it - might be a couple weeks behind the Ipad update, but Im sure it's coming.

It nice to note that the publication that you already studied (highlighted) is the same one that is called up when you select the link in the "Meetings" tab.  My wife asked me to check (to see if her highlighting was still there) for this week's lesson, both in in the Imitate book and the Watchtower.  They were still there.  So if you study and entire "Imitate" chapter and are ahead by a week, those highlights will still be there when that lesson pops up in the "Meetings" tab.  Good to know.

1 hour ago, shali said:

Android has had that for as long as  I can remember.  I guess I took for granted that ipad users did too.

If it was on iPad for a long time, I'm just now noticing it. It sure would have saved me a lot of time and embarrassments. 

44 minutes ago, jwhess said:

It nice to note that the publication that you already studied (highlighted) is the same one that is called up when you select the link in the "Meetings" tab.  My wife asked me to check (to see if her highlighting was still there) for this week's lesson, both in in the Imitate book and the Watchtower.  They were still there.  So if you study and entire "Imitate" chapter and are ahead by a week, those highlights will still be there when that lesson pops up in the "Meetings" tab.  Good to know.

is there a way yet to have  everything crossover from one device to another?   ...   iPhone to iPad

Edited by timpin

45 minutes ago, jwhess said:

If you click on the icon of the Watchtower they have displayed, the article to study for that week comes up and you click on that and it takes you right to the article.  I can't tell you how many times I've studied the wrong article by mistake since using a tablet, so when this feature hit's Android, it will be very much appreciated!

Yeah, it had been on my Android tablet for a while.  You know how you can figure out real fast what the changes are with any update?  Go to the update page at the Playstore and go to the app that updated  and it will list most of the major changes right on that page (in green).  I always check that page after an update!

Yeah, it had been on my Android tablet for a while.  You know how you can figure out real fast what the changes are with any update?  Go to the update page at the Playstore and go to the app that updated  and it will list most of the major changes right on that page (in green).  I always check that page after an update!

COMING SOON

• Highlight text in the study pane

• Support for The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures–Study Edition

• Make notes as you study

• A new Meetings section to quickly access current congregation meeting materials.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

emoji6.png

COMING SOON

• Highlight text in the study pane

• Support for The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures–Study Edition

• Make notes as you study

• A new Meetings section to quickly access current congregation meeting materials. emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes, those are same "coming soons" they posted after the last update, they haven't changed them.