JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

On 2/4/2016 at 3:04 PM, shali said:

Same here, (by the way, when I hit the quote button funny things happen).  Thought maybe I had an older version than you.

After reading your post, I tried update and everything worked fine.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Did anyone update their GKR book; if so did you find the update? I can't download yet.

The update to the Kingdom Rules book is in chapters 16 and 17. References to the Theocratic Ministry School have been replaced with 'midweek meeting,' and in the box at the end of chapter 17 about the different schools, the Theocratic Ministry School has been replaced by Our Christian Life and Ministry.

19 hours ago, jscotchie said:

The update to the Kingdom Rules book is in chapters 16 and 17. References to the Theocratic Ministry School have been replaced with 'midweek meeting,' and in the box at the end of chapter 17 about the different schools, the Theocratic Ministry School has been replaced by Our Christian Life and Ministry.

How in the world do you figure that out?? A detailed explaination would be nice (haha!)  

By the way it took two tries for my GKR book to finally update.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

4 hours ago, mserskine said:

The updates for Gods Kingdom Rules now downloads successfully on both Apple and android. For me anyway.

Me too. It finally works. It's just a matter of time and patience. :D

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I use the downloaded tab on both ipad mini and samsung5 phone to access what I need for the meeting.  I keep the downloaded area free from unnecessary downloads, so it works for me to find my items for the meeting easier.  For others who download a lot, it may become quite messy to find items quickly.

How in the world do you figure that out?? A detailed explaination would be nice (haha!)  

By the way it took two tries for my GKR book to finally update.

Don't know how he did, but I use the windows program "DiffPDF" to compare two PDF document and search for differences. Works good

46 minutes ago, KingDavid said:

Don't know how he did, but I use the windows program "DiffPDF" to compare two PDF document and search for differences. Works good

I download everything in epub and not sure what format JWLIB uses.

48 minutes ago, KingDavid said:

I don't see any way to compare two EPUBs and search for differences. The only way I know is to compare PDF documents.

"calibre includes an integrated e-book comparison tool that can be used to see what has changed inside an ebook after editing or converting it. It can compare books in the EPUB and AZW3 formats."

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/diff.html

3 hours ago, KingDavid said:

Yep :D Also, by the way, you may have noticed the 'Jehovah's Will' brochure has also been updated. Essentially the same updates as in the Kingdom Rules book—references to Theocratic Ministry School or Service Meeting replaced with Our Christian Life and Ministry.

• 1 month later...

My galaxy note 4 was upgraded to Android 6. My JW Library app just kept 9n closing after installing. I uninstalled and reinstalled and hope to download all files I had before. I hope all goes well with reinstall. It's going to be a while.  Here are some screenshots. 

JW library 1.jpg

JW library. 2.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

For some odd/wierd reason, my JWLib added the "Afrikaans" language to my tablet!  It added the Bible and the song book even though I had not downloaded those languages.  I delelted them but they still show up in my "recommended" list in my languages.  I can't even begin to imagine what all  that was about!  I just remember looking down at the meeting and seeing the scriptures in my study pane in a language I had never seen before!

8 minutes ago, AH173 said:

My galaxy note 4 was upgraded to Android 6. My JW Library app just kept 9n closing after installing. I uninstalled and reinstalled and hope to download all files I had before. I hope all goes well with reinstall. It's going to be a while.  Here are some screenshots. 

JW library 1.jpg

JW library. 2.jpg

You might have to go to your "files manager" and manually delete any files associated with jw.lib if your reinstalls don't work.