JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Glossary doesn't work for me ! Shuts down whole app when I click glossary .. Sad.

I worked with a non-working glossary for quite a while when everyone else had one, nothing I did helped. It took the next update for it to correct itself - so you may have to wait a bit. In the meantime, contact the brothers who work on the app and let them know you are having a problem, its good for them to know their fix didn't fix everyone's problem with the glossary.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I was discovering some things new to me about the JW Library APP at meeting last night. Using the KM, I first discovered that clicking on a scripture will not only open the Bible in the right column but also if I click on the Scripture link in the right column it will open the scripture in the Bible. I tried that with the part in the service meeting considering the yearbook and the same is true, the Yearbook opens up with pictures and highlighting. Lastly, the Songbook opened up with notes. All publications that are downloaded will open with the margin link. This will be most handy where highlighting is needed. Lastly, to get back to KM from other publications one click on the device back button at the bottom worked so nicely. Using the JWLibrary back button at the top only took me back to publications and took 3-4 clicks to get back to KM.

Before highlighting in the APP I was using moonreader but am now using JWLibrary for everything. One of the nicest improvements is the ability to switch to landscape view without clicking a button. Wife and I spent the best part of our Anniversary updating our Samsung tablets to an octacore Galaxy S2. Our old 2013 Galaxy Note quadcore tablets were so slow that most of the time the Scripture was read before it appeared on the tablet. The octacore fixed that problem. The Samsung reps at Best Buy were so familiar with JW Library APP that they were telling us the fix and tips before we could. The APP is so large now that it takes a fast machine to run it smoothly. It is nice that they are getting a fine Witness but I hope with all the frustration that comes with figuring problems out that the friends "keep their Jesus on."

Great - thanks for the info. Is there a way that I can get my studied yearbook (moonreader) to open up in the jw library app?

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

My husband's iPad allows him to look up a definition of a word in JW Library by using a button named "define" on the highlighting bar AND he has a "topic" button where if he highlights a word like 'Jehovah' it gives him several topics with Jehovah's name in it like 'Jehovah', Jehovah of Armies, Day of Jehovah and Jehovah Himself is There" and if he clicks on one it opens up the information on it (I assume from the Insight book?). Has anyone found anything similar on Android devices? Do you think we will eventually get those two capabilities also?

By the way, I also noticed another change in the last update. Before, when I used the Bible in JWL and hit any word in a particular verse, the whole verse turned red so it was easy to pick out on the screen. Now, when you do that, the verse stays black and all the other verses around it gray out. Accomplishes the same thing, just in a different way now. IPad does it also.

By the way, I also noticed another change in the last update. Before, when I used the Bible in JWL and hit any word in a particular verse, the whole verse turned red so it was easy to pick out on the screen. Now, when you do that, the verse stays black and all the other verses around it gray out. Accomplishes the same thing, just in a different way now. IPad does it also.

I did notice that but have not yet explored to see if that is a customizable setting

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I love that feature, I find it very useful in the ministry to highlight the scripture I want to share.

I did notice that but have not yet explored to see if that is a customizable setting

I have explored and I couldn't find anyplace that allowed it to be customized, so if it's there and you find it, please share!!

How does one update?

I went Google play store.

Choose apps

Search for JWLibrary

When I found it the choices were update or Uninstall

I have an android tablet. I don't know what you have.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Edited by Witness1970

I went Google play store.

Choose apps

Search for JWLibrary

When I found it the choices were update or Uninstall

I have an android tablet. I don't know what you have.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Thanks, I guess I already did update it, I just didn't download things I wanted. Thanks.

You can also choose "my apps" from the menu in Google Playstore and it will show you any apps that have an update and you then just update the ones you want to. An update won't download the publications for you, an update makes changes to the app itself. Go to Publications-What's New and click on "refresh" from the menu (dots in upper right corner) and see if the publications you want show up and download them.

My JWL app seems to lag a little bit and sometimes I'll move the Bible faster than it can refresh and it will temporarily show the chapters out of order. I deleted all of the pubs just it case they were slowing down the app but it didn't seem to make a difference..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

By the way, I've found the easiest way to move between publications (songbook, to Bible to imitate book to KM etc) is by using the history button. Much quicker than using the slide menu.

thank you for the nice idea , where is the history button on an iPad?

History button for ipad is within whatever publication you are in and it's not a "button". I think it's part of the menu of that publication if I remember correctly (the 3 dots in upper right corner). Just open up your bible and look up a few scriptures then start clicking around, you'll find it!

I just updated for iPad.  (Version 1.6.1)  No improvement on highlighting.  No notes.  I think it was mainly bug fixes.

On the app it says

"Fixed a bug where some devices had an empty Bible tab after upgrading to version 1.6.0

- if the app starts and a Bible cannot be found, you will be prompted to download one

Bud fixes and improvements to highlighting"

No update on my android devices

Edited by mserskine