JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I have a Asus Vivotab Note8.

To answer Jerry's question. Yes the colour choice show for about 1-2 seconds after you move the pen away, so you change the colour if you want, then disappear. You can re-tap it change the colour. In the end, it just saves an extra tap each time you want to make a highlight.

But there is definitely a bug with the Windows version, but only in landscape mode. I've noticed if you scroll down, then try to select text to highlight, it highlights something a few lines above instead. Because I use my tablet in portrait, I've never noticed it before, only on the laptop.

That's exactly the same for me. I have an Asus transformer and it happens in landscape whether I have it docked or not

I Use Windows 10 Home on my Asus T100 and I have the same problem. You can see the screen readjust itself in a split second and then you can no longer place the Hand on the Bibleverse. It doesn't appear. But about 5/6 cm below the place where the Bibleverse is, the hand appears. If you click the verse is shown. The highliting does the same. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the resolution is 1366 X 768 (?) I also have a computer running Windows 10 Home and there I don't have this problem.

I also noticed on my Windowsphone that the JW Library Tile is showing the Daytext!

I am using a Dell Venue 11 Pro and everything seems to work fine.  I tried to highlight the last line on the page and it worked OK.  I tried the Bible verses and also some books.  When I highlight the last line and drag downward, it just scrolls to the next line and keeps on highlighting.  It seems to be more responsive to my finger than to my bluetooth mouse.  The mouse takes a little getting used to (the problem seems to be the initial 'press' to select the line to highlight).  Sometimes the mouse just 'grabs' the line and tries to move it.  I am using Windows 10 Pro.

I also use the same Windows 10 Pro software on my Dell Inspirion desktop.  The JWL program works the same (but a little better with the wireless mouse).

Question to those who have the problem on the windows version.  Does it only happen when you use the wheel on the mouse to scroll, or does it still happen when click on the scrollbar to scroll?

I noticed that if I use the wheel on the mouse, it blurs for a few seconds, then the problems occur.  If I just use the scrollbar, it doesn't. 

Question to those who have the problem on the windows version. Does it only happen when you use the wheel on the mouse to scroll, or does it still happen when click on the scrollbar to scroll?

I noticed that if I use the wheel on the mouse, it blurs for a few seconds, then the problems occur. If I just use the scrollbar, it doesn't.

The same for me... But this was already with the previous version. Now it seems it for worse, specially the thing of touching on one line and detecting a few lines above (highlighting or selecting a link)

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk

My wife and I both have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. I am unaware of any problems with the tablet.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 also. Since the latest update I've been experiencing a serious lag in the JW app when I open the Bible or any other publications. That's never happen before. Sigh!

I've had this problem for what seems forever. This app must be very power intensive because if I have this app open and then open another, it will affect any other app's I have open. They also "restart/refresh" on their own. If I close JW library, then I don't have the problems with the other app's. I feel part of my problem is not being able to have an SD card in my tablet to put all the downloads on that come with JW LIB. I have an SD card in my phone and put all my downloads for this app onto it and never have a problem with JW LIB.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Best way to find out is to press it.  It could be that it opens the study pane and lists any scriptures that are in the paragraph you are on or it may be the "copy" button.  (I'm android and I have the bookmark, study pane and copy button - 3, not 2 symbols)

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I have only 2 symbols one is to mark the page and when I press this other one seems that nothing happen.

It could be "copy." The best way to find out is to tap it and then try to paste it into an e-mail or something.

Sometimes when I tap a word I get two symbols and the right one is copy. When I touch the word longer or slide my finger across several words I get 3 symbols.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Edited by Witness1970

I have only 2 symbols one is to mark the page and when I press this other one seems that nothing happen.

In Android, if you 'tap' a word you will get two marks or icons.  The left one is a 'bookmark' and the right one is a 'copy' symbol.  To highlight text in a publication, do not tap a word.  You must press and hold for a moment (do not let up) and then slide to the right and select as much text as you want.  When you release the pressure, the highlight bar with the colors and trash can will appear.

In Android, if you 'tap' a word you will get two marks or icons.  The left one is a 'bookmark' and the right one is a 'copy' symbol.  To highlight text in a publication, do not tap a word.  You must press and hold for a moment (do not let up) and then slide to the right and select as much text as you want.  When you release the pressure, the highlight bar with the colors and trash can will appear.

Thank you.  My mother's android tablet does support highlighting after all.

HELP!!  My JW LIBRARY app on my iPad Air 2 showed the update about highlighting but now my Bible is gone!  The other publications show up, but when I hit Bible, I get a blank screen and the links will not work to show the scriptures.  Should I delete it and re-load the app?

HELP!!  My JW LIBRARY app on my iPad Air 2 showed the update about highlighting but now my Bible is gone!  The other publications show up, but when I hit Bible, I get a blank screen and the links will not work to show the scriptures.  Should I delete it and re-load the app?

Do you need to download the individual Bibles again? This happened to me at the door. The App updated the Bibles overnight and was missing when I needed it. I had the page that list the Books of the Bible however but that's all.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

When I opened it yesterday, it showed the update with a hand demonstrating highlighting, but then when I go into the program, and click on the Bible, it does not even show the list of Bible books any more!  Just blank.  And when in the "other publications" like our Watchtower (I was at a circuit assembly), it would not pull up the scriptures that were referenced.  Like the Bible totally disappeared from the program.