JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I wish that JWL would download the magazine audio files so i could listen to the magazines. I haven't found a good way to do that yet.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I am on iOS 9 on both an iPhone 5S and an iPad and both work fine with both - the JW Library and eQuipd (both version of that as well). 

My biggest concern is I hope its just as good as Equipd - thats got to be the best study app ever for apple   ... https://www.facebook.com/equipd.me

...  then everyone would enjoy the benefits we already have.

Edited by timpin

My biggest concern is I hope its just as good as Equipd - thats got to be the best study app ever for apple   ... https://www.facebook.com/equipd.me

...  then everyone would enjoy the benefits we already have.

The brothers that produced Equipd only made it for the Apple products.  Our brothers at Bethel must make all of the features work in all of the platforms (Windows, Android and Apple).  That is a much bigger task and may not allow every feature we like from every favorite app we use (Equipd, MoonReader, Adobe, etc).  I await whatever blessings Jehovah has in store.  Keep in mind, you can always use your existing app if you don't like the Bethel app.

What are you downloading to?

We were using JW Podcaster 2 on our Android phones to listen to the magazines but JW Podcaster 2 stopped working. I've tried several other apps but I don't like them.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We were using JW Podcaster 2 on our Android phones to listen to the magazines but JW Podcaster 2 stopped working. I've tried several other apps but I don't like them.

I do it the hard way using a video editing software. I first convert it to a .wav using AVS video/audio converter and then  I export a single mp3 file of the entire magazine. Then transfer from computer to phone.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I do it the hard way using a video editing software. I first convert it to a .wav using AVS video/audio converter and then  I export a single mp3 file of the entire magazine. Then transfer from computer to phone.

Is there software that allows one to rip an mp3 from the JW Broadcast music videos? I don't have enough memory on my phone and I would prefer mp3 as oppose to mp4.

Is there software that allows one to rip an mp3 from the JW Broadcast music videos? I don't have enough memory on my phone and I would prefer mp3 as oppose to mp4.

Search for MP4 to MP3 on the Internet. There are several converters online that are free.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

We have been waiting for over two years for the ability to highlight and take notes in the JW Library app because they told us it was coming from the get-go - I'm sure that this time was well spent by the brothers and sisters working on providing this capability. When we get it finally, it will be GREAT. We have the great feelling of anticipation right now but once it comes, that feeling will be gone and over!!! So savor it now everyone!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

The latest version of TheoStudy is now available on the App Store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/theostudy/id101760...

An Alternative? ...   just asking ...

For those who have already tried TheoStudy - How does it compare to an APP that many of us apple users have come to know as our favorite all-in-one, gotta have study app? ... https://www.facebook.com/equipd.me

Edited by timpin

You can use audacity on windows to extract mp3 audio from the mp4 videos.

Audacity - Wave file editor (2.1.1 for windows 10)

To export files in mp3 Audacity requires you to download lame and ffmpeg dll's

See edit/preferences/libraries to validate the dlls downloaded.

http://lame.buanzo.org/#lamewindl

Lame 3.99.3

ffmpeg 2.2.2

About 2 days ago I noticed that the new Revised version and the ASV Bibles had updates. Now since I updated the “search” doesn’t work. I enter a word and hit the search button and the app closes out. Anyone else notice this? 

I should mention that this is Windows. Android updated also but no problem with the search.

Does anyone have even a little clue about the highlight option? :coffee:

Yup. The code name for the project is Armageddon*. We know it's coming, we just don't know when.

Last month Bro Schaffer said it would be this month (I hope I'm not misquoting), so every day brings us one day closer.

* just kidding...

Yup. The code name for the project is Armageddon*. We know it's coming, we just don't know when.

Last month Bro Schaffer said it would be this month (I hope I'm not misquoting), so every day brings us one day closer.

* just kidding...

Yep, he said November but he didn't say what year. :wave:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Does anyone have even a little clue about the highlight option? :coffee:

I think we'll have it by November 30th 11:59pm! Lol ☺

Edited by AH173

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I just can't wait for this feature too! The wait is driving me crazy!! I hope it will come simultaneously on all platforms, i.e IOS, android and windows. I had hoped we would have it at least by mid November. But I guess I just have to be patient. 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25