JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

9 hours ago, mserskine said:

I thought all the videos are on the JW Library.

Depends on which videos you mean by all.

Videos prepared especially for our meetings are not generally available.

This would include videos prepared for the CLAM meeting. Access for these is limited at least until they have been displayed at your meeting.

There are a lot of videos that will be included in the May program. Some are ones we all have or can access, others will be'new' to all on the night of your midweek meeting

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

58 minutes ago, Old said:

This would include videos prepared for the CLAM meeting. Access for these is limited at least until they have been displayed at your meeting.

There are a lot of videos that will be included in the May program. Some are ones we all have or can access, others will be'new' to all on the night of your midweek meeting

What I meant is if the videos can be found on the PUBLIC area of jw.org as well as JW Bradcasting, then they can be found on JW Library. 

2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Must have been the graphics or stylus that amazed everyone!

CuneiformReedStylus.jpg.98e1903d7cc03f0f

Here is an early Palm using a standard stylus, they might have been amazed at the size of the tablet...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

With the upgrade for 'meetings' tab for iPad and Windows 10 devices. My cobe and field service Overseer have newer windows 10 surface devices. I don't know the specs of them but my local computer store Micro Center in Mayfield Hts Ohio had this sale on Lenovo ideapad MIIX 300. It does a great job with Max SD card storage of 64 gb (for total of 128gb). I love it! Does what I need to do and have JW Library and actual 2015 Watchtower library and even isilo can be installed on it. Amazon.com had it on sale for brand new for more than $300.

IMG_20160418_183003.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I wonder if we will ever see an update where within the app we can loggin with out iCloud account. So for example, we can start preparing the Watchtower Study on out iPhone and finish later on the iPhone. (Similar to Apples Hands-off feature)

I wonder if we will ever see an update where within the app we can loggin with out iCloud account. So for example, we can start preparing the Watchtower Study on out iPhone and finish later on the iPhone. (Similar to Apples Hands-off feature)

That would be sweet! Not a techie but I believe that functionality would entail the organization providing its own cloud (network) service to enable working across devices to all publishers maybe through an email account.... Who knows, improved website, Internet broadcast ... Stay tuned!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ciscofd said:

13 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

That would be sweet! Not a techie but I believe that functionality would entail the organization providing its own cloud (network) service to enable working across devices to all publishers maybe through an email account.... Who knows, improved website, Internet broadcast ... Stay tuned! emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I kinda doubt it. Syncing multiple devices is like what I have with my paid Mantano /bookari for pdf and Epub files. If they do it for a paid fee I can see it. Who knows? It would be nice though. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, appchasers said:

Hi friends,

In preparation for this month's meeting parts on using JW Library, you may want to review this video series on my site:

JW Library App Video Series – Part 1: Bible Tips and Main Features

How to Use the JW Library App Part 2: Publications, Music, and Videos

How to Use the JW Library App Part 3: Languages

How to Use the JW Library App Part 4: Highlighting

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Screen shot on this one!! I thank you..

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

10 minutes ago, Hope said:

not on the West Coast yet, but maybe tonight! :D 

I have it. Installing now....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I haven't figured out how to see the media content such as the 'presentation' videos...

13 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I haven't figured out how to see the media content such as the 'presentation' videos...

That's only available on apple devices for now. For now, android users only get the publications. 

That's the way it was for apple devices at first. Then a week or two later we got the media.

Edited by mserskine

I must admit that since us Android users had to wait for weeks to get this update, I though we"d get more than just the meeting tab but I'm truly thrilled to get just this! They make it easier and easier for all of us!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

That's only available on apple devices for now. For now, android users only get the publications. 

That's the way it was for apple devices at first. Then a week or two later we got the media.

If you tap on the media in the workbook you get directed to the corresponding page on jw homepage.

The One, Swyped.

On 4/11/2016 at 8:44 PM, Old said:

There has been an update to this.  As of now, only on iPad, the videos for the week's CLAM meeting can now be access through JW Library by tapping on Meetings > Multimedia (the icon at the top right-hand corner with the musical note)