JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I have an old tablet running Android 3.2 honeycomb which i still use today. (that's my one and only tablet.) It cant be updated to the JW Library app version where you can highlight text. It also stopped receiving new publications except old and new videos. I now download publications in epub manualy and open it on third-party Reader. :(

On 8/8/2016 at 9:47 AM, DDVictoria said:

I have an old tablet running Android 3.2 honeycomb which i still use today. (that's my one and only tablet.) It cant be updated to the JW Library app version where you can highlight text. It also stopped receiving new publications except old and new videos. I now download publications in epub manualy and open it on third-party Reader. :(

This is why I had to buy a new phone. My phone came with a 4.3 Android OS and will never get updates.  It has slowed to a crawl and crashes all the time.  If you plan to have and use JWL, you need to get a device that will continue to update it's OS!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

On 7/10/2016 at 10:48 AM, Tortuga said:

The Awakes now go back to 2003..

The Awakes now go back to 2000. I hope that means we are one step closer to getting the Research Guide for JWLibrary

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Thanks for the heads up on that Richard!  I will proceed to download them now!  I still really love my iSilo program and wish they hadn't discontinued the updates for it.  So convenient to have all that material at your fingertips!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

On Tuesday, August 09, 2016 at 9:38 PM, Tortuga said:

The Awakes now go back to 2000. I hope that means we are one step closer to getting the Research Guide for JWLibrary

I hope they start adding the older KM's next. I looked at the Research Guide list of referenced publications and the brothers will have to add a lot of books to JWL if they plan to use the Research Guide in JWL. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I hope they start adding the older KM's next. I looked at the Research Guide list of referenced publications and the brothers will have to add a lot of books to JWL if they plan to use the Research Guide in JWL. 

Or the information may appear only on the study pane,  as it happens already with the pubs older than 2000 and are linked on the mwb's 

Bro's. Please help me. Exactly what are you all talking  about?

We can now only download publications to the DVD's we already have from last year? 

Will no future DVD's be made with the new publications, videos?

I am confused.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

1 hour ago, loving life said:

We can now only download publications to the DVD's we already have from last year? 

I am confused.

I have gotten this topic mixed up with the other topic on the library on DVD updates.

Consider me confused, I'll get it right sooner or later.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

1 hour ago, loving life said:

I am confused.

You are correct though. No more physical DVD's will be made. Only downloads.

10 hours ago, Tortuga said:

They're even references to the old Require brochure. :confused:  Hey, the truth can hurt, right?

Edited by leoperales

Grammatical correction

If it's  possible Can someone tell me the best way to use the WL physical DVD on my iMac? In the past I have tried a couple suggestions but they never seem to operate smoothly. So I can never get to look at the pre-2000 references.

Keep in mind that my knowledge on computers and software is very basic.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

58 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

If it's  possible Can someone tell me the best way to use the WL physical DVD on my iMac? In the past I have tried a couple suggestions but they never seem to operate smoothly. So I can never get to look at the pre-2000 references.

Try the WTL thread, this is the JWL thread....:)

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Try the WTL thread, this is the JWL thread....:)

I did a search in this topic and came up with one result for iMac....that was mine above. 

Seems like they're mostly talking about the mobile app for the apple iPads. I'm asking about the desktop iMac with the DVD. When I read the post it's like walking into a room of scientist debating the latest theories in quantum physics.  

Maybe you could help me out brother. ?? :popcorn:

Which way to the WTL thread?

I get the feeling there is no good solution in my case.

Edited by Pjdriver

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

14 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

I did a search in this topic and came up with one result for iMac....that was mine above. 

Seems like they're mostly talking about the mobile app for the apple iPads. I'm asking about the desktop iMac with the DVD. When I read the post it's like walking into a room of scientist debating the latest theories in quantum physics.  

Maybe you could help me out brother. ?? :popcorn:

Which way to the WTL thread?

I get the feeling there is no good solution in my case.

I can't help you with Apple issues, the only apples I have are the ones I pick off my tree and that I'm eating for breakfast.

I just wanted to point out that despite a little cross-threading, this thread started out as a JWL thread, any conversations about the WTL might get confusing....again.... 

2 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

I found this entry from trottigy, might check it out;

http://watchtowerlibraryformac.info/en/pages/1-home/content

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Just now, Tortuga said:

I can't help you with Apple issues, the only apples I have are the ones I pick off my tree and that I'm eating for breakfast.

I just wanted to point out that despite a little cross-threading, this thread started out as a JWL thread, any conversations about the WTL might get confusing....again.... 

Too late, already cross-threaded.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

39 minutes ago, Old said:

I found this entry from trottigy, might check it out;

http://watchtowerlibraryformac.info/en/pages/1-home/content

Thanks Jerry, I'll check it out.

On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 4:54 AM, jayrtom said:

Or the information may appear only on the study pane,  as it happens already with the pubs older than 2000 and are linked on the mwb's 

True but if you have the full publication on your device you can use the link on the study pane to see the full article.

True but if you have the full publication on your device you can use the link on the study pane to see the full article.

Yes, but I was only saying that if they decide to put the research guide in JWL, they don't need to wait before all the referenced material is there too

2 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Yes, but I was only saying that if they decide to put

Enviado do meu LG-D855 através de Tapatalk

True, I'm just hoping they add the older KM'S to JWL so when the Research Guide is released it will be easier to look at the full article and not just what they put in the study pane, I don't expect all of the publications that are referred to in the RG to be included in JWL but it would be nice.

On 8/12/2016 at 8:34 AM, mserskine said:

You are correct though. No more physical DVD's will be made. Only downloads.

Over in the other topic about WL on DVD's it's been stated that we will in fact have a 2016 DVD because sometimes friends don't have internet connection in order to update. But we are strictly advised to update our 2015's DVD if we have internet connections. Go over to see it for yourself in the WL DVD thread. I think, I have gotten this one and the other one mixed up before.

Until JW Library gets the notes feature, I'm using PLA for Android. I can take notes in my study publication and in my opinion, the epubs display a little better than on any other ereader. (Although there's nothing as good as JW Library.) I hope we get the notes feature soon in JW Library.

BTW, does anybody use PLA?