JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Until JW Library gets the notes feature, I'm using PLA for Android. I can take notes in my study publication and in my opinion, the epubs display a little better than on any other ereader. (Although there's nothing as good as JW Library.) I hope we get the notes feature soon in JW Library.

BTW, does anybody use PLA?

I just downloaded it. I ve looking for such app where I can make note on my mwb. Though its download for magazines its not forthcoming.

Sent from my TECNO DP7CPRO using Tapatalk

On 13/8/2016 at 8:29 AM, Pjdriver said:

If it's  possible Can someone tell me the best way to use the WL physical DVD on my iMac? In the past I have tried a couple suggestions but they never seem to operate smoothly. So I can never get to look at the pre-2000 references.

Keep in mind that my knowledge on computers and software is very basic.

Hi Brother Burt! I use a software called Wine, https://www.winehq.org/  and it runs like a charm!.  It creates a type of virtual machine that runs everytime you install a Windows application. Install first Wine then using this software install de Watchtower Library, I suggest you do a full installation.

Here are some suggestions

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=33464

http://cwestblog.com/2016/04/02/installing-watchtower-library-on-mac-with-wine/

Regards.

On 8/11/2016 at 7:48 PM, Tortuga said:

I hope they start adding the older KM's next. I looked at the Research Guide list of referenced publications and the brothers will have to add a lot of books to JWL if they plan to use the Research Guide in JWL. 

The KMs are starting to show up now, the 2013 just arrived.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

13 hours ago, Daniel244 said:

Hi Brother Burt! I use a software called Wine, https://www.winehq.org/  and it runs like a charm!.  It creates a type of virtual machine that runs everytime you install a Windows application. Install first Wine then using this software install de Watchtower Library, I suggest you do a full installation.

Here are some suggestions

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=33464

http://cwestblog.com/2016/04/02/installing-watchtower-library-on-mac-with-wine/

Regards.

Thank you Antonio. I will definitely try it. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

I just downloaded all the childrens videos onto my new SD card in my phone and this time it changed the name of the video. When I first downloaded them, it just showed the title of the video, now there is a "pk" number before the title (like pk005, pk021, so on and so forth) and if there is an apostrophe in the video title, it renders the title to some gobbly gook. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone find a solution?

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

1 hour ago, shali said:

I just downloaded all the childrens videos onto my new SD card in my phone and this time it changed the name of the video. When I first downloaded them, it just showed the title of the video, now there is a "pk" number before the title (like pk005, pk021, so on and so forth) and if there is an apostrophe in the video title, it renders the title to some gobbly gook. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone find a solution?

I'm assuming your not downloading them on the JW Library app. If not, do it on the app. And you can set it where you can download it to your SD card as well. Then the title won't change on you.

13 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The KMs are starting to show up now, the 2013 just arrived.

That's good. In a moment of stupidity some time ago I discarded my 'old' KMs.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

46 minutes ago, mserskine said:

I'm assuming your not downloading them on the JW Library app. If not, do it on the app. And you can set it where you can download it to your SD card as well. Then the title won't change on you.

Yes, I am downloading them into the JW Library app.  It did the same exact thing on my tablet too. As you can see in my above post, I was downloading them to my SD card.  The ones I previously downloaded that were correct (with out a "pk" number) were also downloaded to my SD card.

6 minutes ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

That's good. In a moment of stupidity some time ago I discarded my 'old' KMs.

I have mine all the way back to 1972 I think.  Even the ones where the name of them changed to "Kingdom Service" instead of Kingdom Ministry.  I even have some written reviews I did in the 70's.

Edited by shali

23 minutes ago, shali said:

Yes, I am downloading them into the JW Library app.  It did the same exact thing on my tablet too. As you can see in my above post, I was downloading them to my SD card.  The ones I previously downloaded that were correct (with out a "pk" number) were also downloaded to my SD card.

Where are you PLAYING them from? The name doesn't change in the app. Where is the "pk" you keep seeing?

5 minutes ago, mserskine said:

Where are you PLAYING them from? The name doesn't change in the app. Where is the "pk" you keep seeing?

Screenshot_2016-08-16-10-55-46.png

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Let me see if I can give you a screen shot.  If you go to JWL, click on "publications", click on Video's, then click on "Children" then click on "Become Jehovah's Friend", the list of all the video's is there.  That is where I play them from.

1 minute ago, shali said:

Let me see if I can give you a screen shot.  If you go to JWL, click on "publications", click on Video's, then click on "Children" then click on "Become Jehovah's Friend", the list of all the video's is there.  That is where I play them from.

OK. But, where is this "pk" that you want to change?

Just now, mserskine said:

I was mistaken. I was talking about my iPad . I also have an android ,so I downloaded one on it to see what would happen and the same thing happened to me  Have no idea if the pk... can be removed.

I got into my file manager on my phone and found the files and they can be renamed there, but the name of the file is not the same as the name it shows in the list on JWL.  I'm going to assume the problem stems from the downloaded file and whoever is in charge of that will catch wind of it soon enough and fix it on that end.  For some reason it really bugs me.  Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem though!  Thanks for bearing with me on this Michael!

4 minutes ago, shali said:

I got into my file manager on my phone and found the files and they can be renamed there, but the name of the file is not the same as the name it shows in the list on JWL.  I'm going to assume the problem stems from the downloaded file and whoever is in charge of that will catch wind of it soon enough and fix it on that end.  For some reason it really bugs me.  Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem though!  Thanks for bearing with me on this Michael!

I will say that I when I would download the children's videos from JW.org directly to my tablet, the same thing would show in the video app I was using. So, I believe it's been like that for quite a while. And if I'm right, it just the children's videos.

4 minutes ago, mserskine said:

I will say that I when I would download the children's videos from JW.org directly to my tablet, the same thing would show in the video app I was using. So, I believe it's been like that for quite a while. And if I'm right, it just the children's videos.

I could of sworn when I downloaded them a while ago that those numbers didn't show up ahead of the title, but I have been known to be wrong on occassion (haha!!!).  The Children's songs don't do that and I haven't noticed it with any other video's - so your right, it's just the children's video's.

17 minutes ago, shali said:

I could of sworn when I downloaded them a while ago that those numbers didn't show up ahead of the title, but I have been known to be wrong on occassion (haha!!!).  The Children's songs don't do that and I haven't noticed it with any other video's - so your right, it's just the children's video's.

I spoke too soon - The children's songs have a "pkon***" (*=a number) before the title too.  Some just have "pk" others  have "pkon***".  I downloaded "Tools for the Ministry" and the "whiteboard animation" video's and after they download, it's just the title (no "pk" number). 

Edited by shali

Thanks for that Brother Jamie. It's an excellent way on how FDS does that. :cool:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 months since an update. I am surprised that we haven't received a new update for Android yet.

They stated the next item will be highlighting in the study pane. Maybe that will come - SOON. :)

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

16 minutes ago, trottigy said:

2 months since an update. I am surprised that we haven't received a new update for Android yet.

They stated the next item will be highlighting in the study pane. Maybe that will come - SOON. :)

They are gathering all the updates to present on the AM, including notes ;)