JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

3 minutes ago, Jf800 said:

Windows version updated to 8.0.5558.  

My Windows version is still 1.7.4.1258

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 minutes ago, Jf800 said:

I have the Spanish version

I went to the Windows Store and checked for updates, The JWL finally showed up so I updated it.

Wow, it looks different!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

24 minutes ago, Jf800 said:

Windows version updated to 8.0.5558.  

Thanks, I'll look into it. ☺ 

Indeed, windows 10 tablet has an update available. I'm diving in! ☺ 

Edited by AH173

Update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

It's here. 

JW library 4.jpg

JW library 3.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Having the menu sidebar on the left makes it look and act like the Android version.  Also you no longer need to right-click or swipe from the top to bring up the menu optitions.  They are already on the screen.  Seems a lot more visual, and more room on the screen for content.

Found a bug in the Windows version.

Click on the Meeting button, then Show Media, then More Songs.  It takes you to Publications rather than to the Songs.

There is no Full Screen option with this new update.  So even I though I like the new sidebar, and its more in line with other Win 10 apps, you can't hide it either. :( 

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

Found a bug in the Windows version.

Click on the Meeting button, then Show Media, then More Songs.  It takes you to Publications rather than to the Songs.

That might be where they plan to put the new song book...:whistling:

11 minutes ago, outwalkin said:

It takes you to 'publications' because there are two songbooks right now. 

Yes, but because you were in the 'Media' section, it should technically be taking you to 'Sing to Jehovah--Orchestral Accompaniment,' which has the recordings of both the current and the new songs. That's where it takes you on iOS devices.

3 minutes ago, outwalkin said:

I see. I wonder why the button for more songs is there in the first place? 

Good question, I think that if some congregations are using JWL to play the media, this might be handy for the songs the public speaker has selected...

Next question. How long for Android update? Few days?? Week or weeks?? 

Just wait and see. Lol 

48 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Next question. How long for Android update? Few days?? Week or weeks?? 

Just wait and see. Lol 

I'll let you know, I'm checking the Google Play Store every 30 seconds...

Our congregation is still using mostly piano music even though we have all the equipment and resources to be using the orchestral music.  I think the brother in charge of updating all of that isn't keeping up (we have two congregations who meet at our hall, English and Spanish and yet it's left to one brother - in the Spanish congregation to do it all).  I can't wait till we can sing to the orchestral music all the time!!!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

8 minutes ago, shali said:

Our congregation is still using mostly piano music even though we have all the equipment and resources to be using the orchestral music.  I think the brother in charge of updating all of that isn't keeping up (we have two congregations who meet at our hall, English and Spanish and yet it's left to one brother - in the Spanish congregation to do it all).  I can't wait till we can sing to the orchestral music all the time!!!

Wait until one of the congregations has the visit of the circuit overseer. When he finds out that your still singing to piano music, he might encourage the elders to get someone to switch to orchestra music.

33 minutes ago, shali said:

We had a letter mentioning to use the orchestral version now.

Well, remember - I'm from the kingdom hall where the elders wouldn't even let you stream the part of the convention you missed because you volunteered to help clean bathrooms during the sessions! LOL They just aren't big on details here.  Eventually, it will come but I'm not getting my hopes up that it will be soon, don't think a letter is going to move things any faster. 

Wait until one of the congregations has the visit of the circuit overseer. When he finds out that your still singing to piano music, he might encourage the elders to get someone to switch to orchestra music.

It's a good idea to talk to the CO. You could say, it would be lovely it if the brothers would follow these instructions.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I'm trying very hard to learn contentment when things aren't done like they should be at our hall.  Being a sister, I have no voice and the sooner I realize that the better.  So now I just try to smile no matter what and hope that someday, someone will start to care again about such things.  All it takes is one new elder (who is less than 70 years old) to get things moving and shaking!

I'm trying very hard to learn contentment when things aren't done like they should be at our hall.  Being a sister, I have no voice and the sooner I realize that the better.  So now I just try to smile no matter what and hope that someday, someone will start to care again about such things.  All it takes is one new elder (who is less than 70 years old) to get things moving and shaking!

You have a fine voice. You are free to talk about your concerns with the brothers. But, you know, sometimes even within a BoE, a dissenting brother will have to follow the decisions of the BoE as a whole, and promote that view. It does not mean he cannot talk about his concerns with the brothers should need arise.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”