JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Show us your Kingdom Hall or places of interest where you live.

I thought this might be an interesting use of Google Maps.

Here is a link to my Kingdom Hall

https://goo.gl/maps/M3U7K9BNxPw

And a nice spot at the boardwalk.  Last week the bushes were full of flowers and the scent from them filled the air. it was so nice.

https://goo.gl/maps/TpDuPHQp9QB2

Edited by Vinnie

To edit, or not to edit. That is the question

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Great idea Vinnie.  Beautiful photos, I wish we had a boardwalk.

This is my Kingdom Hall  Phalen Park Congregation

Phalen is an inner city congregation which means the territory is consistently very good.  The most prized territory is "The Housing Projects."  done the road half a mile where many are looking for "something better."  Like a lot of cities nowadays, crime is becoming more prevalent, the housing is showing the cities age and, folks are just trying hard to make it from one day to the next.   Phalen is almost iconic in the area, especially for singing SO loud, you get goosebumps and you think the walls are going to fall down!  It grows at an incredible rate, overflows, folks are asked to leave, and the cycle starts all over again.  It's been doing this for decades.  Phalen shares with another English congregation "Edgerton" which tends to have a more stable base and fewer publishers, as well as Spanish and Hmong.

My fondest Phalen story - Years back I had a Bible study cancel at the last minute, and I was at a loss as to what to do with my time - all dressed up and nowhere to go.  I said a prayer asking for something to do and drove back to the KH to see if anyone was there.  I had just pulled into the parking lot when I saw a woman walking past the front of the Kingdom Hall.  I quickly parked and for absolutely NO good reason, I literally ran like a crazy woman (in heels) after this stranger with no idea WHY I was doing this!  I caught up with her halfway down the block and long story short, started a Bible study with her right then and there, after she informed me that she had been there to look for the times of the meetings!  She has had a long road (lifelong heroin addict) but attends all meetings to this day, and continues to make progress, she loves Jehovah.

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

Yes, excellent idea. I love every opportunity to talk about my congregation. I love being in it. :ecstatic:  This is my Salon del Reino.

This is San Jacinto, the little fishing village where the salon is located. 

The equator, Middle of the World (Mitad del Mundo) is located further north, just north of Quito Ec.  My photo attached was taken from atop the tower in the Google maps image.

One of our CAs__held in a coliseum while our AH was being repaired.jpg

El Centro SJ.jpg

Mitad del Mundo.jpg

I don't know about everyone else, but whenever I pass a Kingdom Hall, my heart skips a beat. Our kingdom halls are precious to us and dear to our hearts. And for this we praise and thank Jehovah.

Edited by Vinnie

no edit required

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, ElizaJane said:

The equator, Middle of the World (Mitad del Mundo) is located further north, just north of Quito Ec.  My photo attached was taken from atop the tower in the Google maps image.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures. That is so cool that there is a monument at the middle of the world.

Wide open fields.  I didn't know Oregon was like this.

Here is Gooseberry Hill KH in the Perth Hills.  Two congs meet here - Kalamunda and Wattle Grove.

https://goo.gl/maps/aGm2uYjPYYE2  (it's in there somewhere).

https://goo.gl/maps/MSmhJngUUAH2  (the gum trees out the front, with a verandah all around, still hard to google map pic it)

Ah, yes, it's nice to see even the different trees around the world. Thanks for pointing out that they are gum tree's Lucy.

Interesting to note where in the world fences and gates and bars and locks are needed and where they are not.