JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Online Bible Study Course

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2067 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Correction: Re-reading the 2017 report.

After the U.S., the country with the highest number of JW's is Mexico with 871,207, then Brazil with 858,799 ; followed by Nigeria and Japan.

More than likely as the languages are expanded on jw.org, we'll see Spanish, Japanese and some African languages. (These countries have branches with audio-visual equipment also.)

Edited by Omoyeme

It's very impressive.

I went through the lesson about why God temporarily allows suffering to continue.

My CONCERN is this: The lesson explained correctly that suffering is the result of Sin and Bad Rulership.  

Does teaching that bad rulership is one of two core reasons for human suffering maintain our neutrality?

Don't get me wrong, these are TRUTHS. However, I can understand a conversation at the kitchen table with the student, but on the Internet ?

When the authorities see us teach about bad (human) rulership on our official website, should we expect them to regard us troublemakers?

I guess this is Jehovah speeding it up !!!

Showed the explanatory video at the field service group this morning, all were very impressed and couldn’t wait to try out this new feature. I was also able to show the online Bible study course to a Bible student of mine later in the morning and he reckoned it looked great :) 

2 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

Correction: Re-reading the 2017 report.

After the U.S., the country with the highest number of JW's is Mexico with 871,207, then Brazil with 858,799 ; followed by Nigeria and Japan.

More than likely as the languages are expanded on jw.org, we'll see Spanish, Japanese and some African languages. (These countries have branches with audio-visual equipment also.)

I agree with you Sandra. Japanese and Spanish are very ‘important ‘ languages as far as the truth is concerned.

Wow amazing and so loving of Jehovah . I can see this helping all those who like me are too shy to ask for a bible study in person straight away. This way it can build their confidence first by learning some basic truths and then hopefully they will feel more comfortable in accepting an “in person “ study 

Vicki x

I don't know, but isn't Portugese, next to English, one of the most spoken languages by brothers around the world? I mean:

Brazil: 858.799 publishers
Angola: 143.322 publishers
Portugal: 49.466 publishers
-----------------------------------------------+
Total: 1.051.587 publishers

(Plus all the Portugese speaking publishers in the many language groups and congregations around the world in other countries)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sepie93 said:

I don't know, but isn't Portugese, next to English, one of the most spoken languages by brothers around the world? I mean:

Brazil: 858.799 publishers
Angola: 143.322 publishers
Portugal: 49.466 publishers
-----------------------------------------------+
Total: 1.051.587 publishers

(Plus all the Portugese speaking publishers in the many language groups and congregations around the world in other countries)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

Well said! :)

7 hours ago, Patinage said:

Why Portuguese I wonder (as a ‘second’ language) ?

Would it be because people speaking that language are the most important language group interested in the truth (worldwide)?

How do the brothers come up with picking/choosing this language before that one?

There must be a good reason.

What do you have against Portuguese? It's my language :)

-- just kidding -- lol

This is awesome! I’ve gone through the first 2 lessons. It’s so well done. Simple but very clear and effective with lots of pictures, videos and simple quizzes. Plenty of supplemental information too.

And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Oh yes, they’ve readily put some thought into the graphics, and the things you can do with a digital publication.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Jehovah has done it again. A pioneer sister texted me, just excited. I mean really excited. Now I see why. Promoting this website just became more important. (I have to say, I’m not the best at it) I will go into this, and imprint it in my brain. And heart. 

It is beyond description. Well, for me anyway. 

A fun, exciting adventure. 

I’m waiting to see how we will be instructed regarding this from the platform. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

10 hours ago, Doug said:

My CONCERN is this: The lesson explained correctly that suffering is the result of Sin and Bad Rulership.  

Does teaching that bad rulership is one of two core reasons for human suffering maintain our neutrality?

Br. Douglas, I think that to be neutral is to show NO support for ANY political entity.  To be aware that ALL of them are equally guilty is not a loss of neutrality but a show of support for the government of God by Christ.  So to say they are responsible for suffering is simply a statement of fact not a choosing of sides on the Earthly political scene.  We are not supporting Anarchy, we support the kingdom.

5 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Well said! :)

What do you have against Portuguese? It's my language :)

-- just kidding -- lol

Joao, I have nothing against Portuguese/Brazilian  in particular nor any other language for that matter. Why should I ? Well spoken, they all sound beautiful, especially if the purpose is to praise Jehovah 🤗

I was just wondering, ... with nothing depreciative in mind.

Remember 1 Samuel 17:29 : “...was only asking a question!”

I wonder how we will know when the Online Course is available in another language. It seems they would want to roll this out in as many languages as possible as quickly as possible, so it doesn't seem likely they will announce each language.

Has anyone found a way to switch the online course language besides switching the site language?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

43 minutes ago, Patinage said:

Joao, I have nothing against Portuguese/Brazilian  in particular nor any other language for that matter. Why should I ? Well spoken, they all sound beautiful, especially if the purpose is to praise Jehovah 🤗

I was just wondering, ... with nothing depreciative in mind.

Remember 1 Samuel 17:29 : “...was only asking a question!”

I know, I was just joking with you :)

I too was surprised to see Portuguese as a 2nd language, but as said above has the 3rd amount of brothers

Actually we're talking about Portuguese from Brazil. My language is Portuguese from Portugal and I'll be waiting a little bit m more for it 😉

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

I was just thinking.  Spanish is a popular world language but did our Spanish speaking brothers ever get their new 2013 NWT Bible?  The Portuguese brothers did get theirs.  Maybe the reason for the Spanish delay of this study option is the release of the matching Bible?

That may be an explanation.

Also, would it be a way to reach people with access to internet that cannot be reached otherwise; I don’t exactly know what the situation is in Brazil, for sure wealthy people don’t tend to open the door to unknown people, still they feel the need to have their questions answered... 

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Ok, I'm going to grab a handful of contact cards from the KH before they are all gone...:lol:

Richard, I was thinking about the Contact cards..The wording does fit the online study option! Interesting the slideshow on the site is gone for now...☺️

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

4 hours ago, koala1999 said:

This online course is for me a big thing to advance the preaching work I just wonder why they didn’t wait for the annual meeting to release it. It’ just in less of 3 months

Maybe they have other things

Could be time Is of the essence!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!