JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Total Eclipse of the Super Moon Tonight

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1910 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE SUPERMOON: There's a total eclipse this weekend--and it's going to be super. On Sunday evening, Jan. 20th, at 8:41 pm PST (11:41 pm EST) the shadow of our planet will engulf the full Moon, transforming the grey lunar disk into a coppery-red orb. Totality lasts for more than an hour. 

Go to spaceweather.com to see about the start time for your area.

visibilitymap.png

Looks like North and South America got primo seats for the show.💘🤥🙈

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

12 minutes ago, Sylv said:

It currently feels like -22 F (-29 C), and it's going to be even colder tonight, so I think I will skip it 😰

I think that’s -22* F = 7.6* C.   Sorry, I just learned the formula how to Convert, so I couldn’t resist. :D

The last time i seen a blood moon it was awesome. I remember that I had no idea what I was seeing, as I hadn’t heard about it. Wow, it was a sight.

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

I think that’s -22* F = 7.6* C.   Sorry, I just learned the formula how to Convert, so I couldn’t resist. 

The last time i seen a blood moon it was awesome. I remember that I had no idea what I was seeing, as I hadn’t heard about it. Wow, it was a sight.

I think you might have missed the - (minus) sign. +32F is 0C.

Formula: (32°F − 32) × 5/9 = 0°C

- 22F is super cold!

Formula: (-22°F − 32) × 5/9 = -30°C

Alexa was on the money...

{I just googled and did a 'copy and paste'. I did not work it out... }

Just Older

5 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

I think you might have missed the - (minus) sign. +32F is 0C.

Formula: (32°F − 32) × 5/9 = 0°C

- 22F is super cold!

Formula: (-22°F − 32) × 5/9 = -30°C

Alexa was on the money...

{I just googled and did a 'copy and paste'. I did not work it out... emoji17.png}

Just Older emoji856.png

You’re  right, I mixed up F and C.  

Sorry Sylvie....and you too Alexa. :blink:

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

It will be at it's fullest about 12:12 AM Monday for us     Image result for sleep     not sure if I will still be up 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I stayed up to watch the moon eclipse and encountered many obstacles:

Clouds kept covering the moon

the temp was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below zero

my eyeballs kept icing over

the yard light was almost as bright as the moon and there is no off switch,

it is dusk to dawn controlled

Plus, when the clouds finally cleared so I could watch totality...everything went dark

like the lights had suddenly been switched off.  Couldn't see the moon at all.

All in all, I found watching the moon before the eclipse much more rewarding and beautiful

than during.  

Biggest disappointment was that, at total eclipse, the moon was not even the 

slightest bit red, like in other years.  Maybe there was a thin layer of clouds covering the moon

that I couldn't see.  

Anyway, the eclipse experience was pretty much of a 'yawn' here, in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

Watching Jehovah's super bright night light before the eclipse was breathtaking. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Just at the beginning of totality the moon was hit by a meteorite. A few people captured it live.

(Had a crystal clear view here, and I took a fun time-lapse with my iPhone for a couple of hours out of the bedroom window. Not worth posting as it’s just a tiny white disk etc.)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I sat outside with three layers of clothing, a sleeping bag and a flannel blanket from about 10:30 until 12ish. It was sooooo cold but I saw the whole eclipse and the red moon.  Totally cool. Played the original song Inspired by your wonders a couple times too. My 15 year old sat out most of the time with me. Can’t wait to enjoy these things in peace soon!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”